How much do you budget for your WDW vacation?

the4moores

Mouseketeer
I'm getting a little nervous because I figure we can do the trip for aprox 3200 Canadian which is aprox 2000 USF. But I've seen people who budget for 7000 USF. Am I delusional thinking that I can do WDW for 2000? we plan going for 6 or 7 nights during value season. And we are camping.

Tickets aprox $600 - 2 adults, 1 child, 1 under 3 (3 or 4 days in park)
FW 7 nights @ $34.00=aprox $240
Driving from Ontario (gas & hotels & meals) $350.

Total $1250

Bringing some of our own food which leaves us aprox $100 per full day for food and extras.
Daughters will have some of their own "birthday" money for souvenirs. Am I missing something ? We don't plan on doing any of the character meals this time.

Has anyone ever done a week at WDW for under $2000?

$100/day sounds about right, even if the kids didn't bring extra money. I bring about that with me, it is one adult, a 9 yr old and a 12 yr old. I often end up with at least $20-$30 extra at the end of the day, and add it up for the next day.

You should be OK, it can be done

You can do it!! As long as you know your budget and stick to it you should not have much trouble keeping at or under $2000 USD. We are planning a week in December & I am working on keeping the cost as close to $2500 as possible.

We are planning on staying at All Star Movies for 6 nights (Value Season) = $516
Food & Spending money $100/day = $700
Park Hoppers (2 adults, 1 child & 2 under 3 kiddos are free) = $623
Airport Transfers = $100
Total = $1939
My only problem now is getting airfare for $561:D but I am hoping!

We went in off season 2000, all six of us seven days for $2700. We drove from Wisconsin (21 hours) straight through -- so no hotel on the way down. We got a phenomenal deal from a time share owner at Vistana -- only $200 for the week, the savings from Hol Inn Fam Suites was $500 -- which my husband spent on a gambling cruise from Daytona one day -- so it was NOT money saved -- although he "earned" it by getting sea sick ;) ! We had park hoppers for two adults and three kids (one child was under three) for four days. We didn't skimp, we bought a few Christmas gifts, we bought a special souvenir for each of the kids. We did Hoop De Doo, Cinderella's breakfast and Crystal Palace dinner character meals and ate lunch on site when we were in the parks. After the first day we found we only had to buy two meals for all four kids to share -- too excited and/or distracted to eat most of the time. We ate breakfast at the condo everyday and we carried a collapsible cooler with water & snacks (fruit roll ups & granola bars) into the parks -- I think we might have spent $20 on snacks the whole week. We did spend one day at the beach. Some evenings we grabbed a late dinner on the way back to the condo, or ordered in pizza. As I said, we did not feel like we were cutting corners, I had budgeted a minimum of $3500 so we were pleasantly surprised to come in under! I know people with fewer kids who plan on anywhere between $5000-7000, I'm not sure what the difference is unless they buy every souvenir the kids express interest in and eat a lot more!

I think you will be just fine with your budget. Good luck with your planning -- I'm sure you will have a great time!

Thank You!!!!You have made me feel better already! At least I know it is possible to go for that amount of money. :) Actually I am very relieved to know that I'm not living in dreamland over here.

As a fellow Canuck I can tell you it can be done. I have to fly from the west coast and am staying at the all-stars and I am doing it.

We are budgeting $2000 for our trip (family of 4) in March. We are taking advantage of some discounts though. Here is what I estimated (Ticket prices from guide books, which may be a few dollars off)

Ok, Dh(military), and Ds(under 3) will get all tix for free. DD and I will get half-off tix.
1 adult and 1 child 5 day park Hopper: 115.01, 91.41
1 adult and 1 child Disney Quest: (approx) 15, 12
1 adult and 1 child Universal 2park: 50, 42.50
CBR for 6 nights: $559
Universal Marriott for 3 nights: $191 (includes one sit-down meal)
19 Connections vouchers at various rates: $328 (doing 4 character meals where ds is free)
HDDMR: $120.40 (will be less with DC card I believe?)(again, ds is free)
Other food $300.00
Gas from MD $100

I get 1924.32, not including souveniers, but we should have plenty of Disney Dollars by the time we leave. Some of those figures include tax, and some do not, so it will be right around 2K. :) (Unless Disney decides to raise the prices in the next 53 days)

You all are amazing! I can't get my budget that reasonable. I am in Canada too. Last April I spent $7000 CDN for one night in Daytona and 7 nights at CBR, 7 day HP (CDN), lots of character and sit down meals, lots of extras. So this year I said, NO MORE WDW TRIP THAT COST MORE THAN MY WEDDING!

Here is my budget for 11 days in April 2002. We are hubby, me, dd 8, ds 2 (needs a seat on plane, but eats free and free WDW tickets.) In Canadian Funds.

Air Canada 4 seats $1768 (seat sale, best times for us)
Rental Car and gas $400 (nothing fancy, hoping for upgragde, been spoiled with SUV last yr)
10 nights CSR $1700 (with a mousesavers code)
7 day HP $1100 (incl one char meal, we booked H&V MGM)
FOOD: Cindy's, Poly about $75 each, Crystal Palace $100, groceries $100, other dinners approx. $450 (most breakfast in room and picnic lunches) FOOD TOTAL: $800
Spending (based on last year) $1000 (souveniers and extras)
Limo to/from Pearson Airport $80

GRAND TOTAL $6848 CDN (about $4280 USF)

I actually think that's pretty good since our exch is worse this year and we have to buy a seat for ds, last year he was a lap kid on the plane. We are staying longer for less money this year. I must face that I am spoiled, but this will be our last trip for 2 or 3 years so I wanted to make it a great one like last year. When I was a kid our Disney vacation was on the super cheap, we had to watch every penny. Now that I am the parent I save and save so our Disney trip can be wonderful.

I did figure out a cheap driving trip too, we thought about driving one year. CDN funds
10 nights/11 days

Toronto to Orlando and back, gas $400
Two hotels (one night there, one night back) $200
Packing lots of food in cooler, groceries $150
Meals 11 days x $50 dinners = $550 (no expensive char meals BOOHOO)
7 Day HP, sorry can't go to Disney and not do Disney $1100
One of those $29 USF per night rooms near WDW x 8 nights = $400

$1700 before tickets, $2800 with tickets.

Still, like plan #1. We are the richest folks in the world, but we are savers and love leisure and vacations! S

My husband & I are going to the Yacht Club 9/30-10/7/02. We got the Deluxe Magic package which includes all meals, unlimited admission to all theme & water parks, 2 hour fishing excursion, all recreational privileges (including parasailing) and other perks. Our package is running approximately $5,000. Ouch! It's high, but we think it will be worth it to stay at a Disney resort. We can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

I buy my tickets in advance, this year they wil be AP's. I'm a DVC member so the room is paid all year long through my mortgage. I also buy my plane tickets in advance. I then save enough for a rental car, parking at the home airport, kennel money for our pets and $100 per day for spending money for food etc. By spreading my costs out over the year, it doesn't hurt so bad. I buy travellers checks and hold them, disney dollars and hold them, joined a vacation club and save change and often bills in a container I have to break to get the cash. Plus I take a credit card just in case. $100 per day has worked for the three of us everytime....spruce

Our first trip offsite was 1800USF for two adults 7 days including meals. This was back in 1992, but I bet I could do it again. We had no character breakfasts. We got a compact rental car with coupons and a two for one flight deal. We purchased 5 day park hopper passes and got a two for one deal on one day pass to Universal. We ate all breakfasts in the hotel room, cereal, juice, muffins etc. We used Lunch as our "Big meal" to save $$$ and ate off site for a few meals. We didn't but many souvineers either. Now we spend about 6000USF, but we have two kids, stay on sight eat at least one meal at WDW rests. and stay for about 14 days.
The more you stay out of full service rests. the more you can keep on budget. Check the dining menus on the dis websight they can help you to plan better as well. Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter