How much does one person need for food?

LilMamiBella

DIS Veteran
My mom is going with us to WDW. We're paying for the hotel and we asked her to pay for her own food, etc. So, how much should I tell her she'll need for 7 days or 4 days?

I would plan on at least $30.00 per day. If you plan on eating at a lot of the sit-down more expensive places then you would need more than that. I usually figure from 4 - 8 for breakfast, 6 - 10 for lunch and dinner. And a few treats in between. But like I said, if you want a couple of fancy sit downs then plan on a little more. I've eaten at Cindy's, Bongo's, Kona Cafe and the Steak House and they were all in the range of 15 - 30 dollars. But you don't do this very often so enjoy everything.

I will probably allow myself $20 per day but add on an additional $30 for everytime I want a special meal. How much she needs depends on your eating habits. If you eat a robust breakfast daily & you are staying on site the $30 is more like it. Starting out offsite, in a home away from home or eating light (not including alcohol) $25 average would do.

doubletrouble_vb said:
I will probably allow myself $20 per day but add on an additional $30 for everytime I want a special meal. How much she needs depends on your eating habits. If you eat a robust breakfast daily & you are staying on site the $30 is more like it. Starting out offsite, in a home away from home or eating light (not including alcohol) $25 average would do.

We'll be having breakfast in our room and have around 4-5 sitdown meals.

$50 per day for food - another $25 for souveniors

$7 (counter service) to $20.00 (character) for Breakfast.

$7 (counter service) to $25.00 for lunch.

$7 (counter service) to $30.00 for dinner.

I generally eat a good breakfast, snack for lunch, and a good dinner.

just depends upon what you want.

it's hard to say....it all depends on what the person wants to eat, how much and how often...don't forget snacks too....and that impulse snack of a Dole Whip or a Turkey Leg, or what about a cocktail in DTD or popcorn...see, it's hard to say..... :earseek:

I can see doing it for $20 a day with no problem or $75 and feeling like you are scrimping. A bagel or character breakfast. A burger or sit down at Epcot. The food court or California Grill. A glass of water or martinis at the bar at WL. So many choices.

My bf and I budget $60/day for the both of us to have two counter service meals and snacks/drinks. Then, for any sit down meals we have planned, I calculate a ballpark figure from the menus on Deb Will's site and bring that amount. We usually end up with some $$ leftover at the end of the trip and use that for any last minute souvineers. -Steph

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter