HOw much for food

Rneighh

<font color=CC33CC>This is a horse of a different
I am trying to decide how much to budget for meals per day. We are a fmaily of four and plan on breakfast in our room. We have a car so we will buy milk/cereal at grocery store. When we were there years ago we did it for about $100.00 a day on average. Does this still sound reasonable?

Renee

You didn't mention kids ages, and that can make a big difference. We were able to hold costs at about $100.00 per day when my daughter was under three, but now we have to pay for both kids. We eat in the room for breakfast most days, and have found that a loaf of bread and peanut butter can take care of the kids at night. About a $100 per day should be no problem if you are fast fooding it and have a sit down meal onlly occasionally. Inexpensive choices are Beaches and Cream (you can use connections vouchers there) Kids meals are @$6.00 and come with dessert if you get the kids water to drink your all set there!, (and the Rainforest at Animal Kingdom gets you a good value with connections vouchers too). I've done some homework for my family of four and here is what I've come up with:
Chef Mickey's $65.00 plus tax and tip for dinner, the same for O'hana
Boma about $60.00 plus tax and tip for dinner (here drinks and dessert are incl. in price)
Prime Time $70.00 total
Sci-Fi $60.00 total
San Angel $65 plus tax and tip
I'm basing these totals on a family of four, DD (6) and DS(10) check the dis dining page and bring up the menus if you want to check other things.

Hope this helps some!!
;) Have fun!!!

I usually figure about $100 per day for our family of 4. Our two kids are too old for children's meals. We bring a cooler and fix sandwiches on a couple of days and eat them at our hotel room. During a 7-10 day stay, we manage to sample all types of dining opportunities including fixing our own sandwiches for lunch or dinner, eating breakfast in our room as you mentioned, counter service and food courts, character breakfast and/or dinner, sit down lunches, and more rarely a sit down dinner. Another advantage to eating breakfast in the room other than just saving money is that your family can "multi-task"; while some are using the sink area, showering, etc. others can be eating and then switch around.

We also have a car --- so with the parks closing early we some off-site meals. The last two trips we spent about $100.00 per day for food. I just was not sure how much food costs have gone up since 1998. My kids are 9 and 13 --- some days they eat like our horses other days not much at all. I have found in the past that snacks in the fanny packs are a huge way to save money. What are these connections voucher you were talking about?

Thanks for the help

You can educate yourself about Connections Vouchers at www.mousesavers.com, buy a voucher so in effect you are pre-paying for your meals. In some cases they are an extremely good deal. Another great site is www.wdwig.com they have an extensive list of menus and prices. If you know where you want to eat and have a general idea of the types of things you are likely to order you can make a very accurate estimate of food expensives. We are a family of 4 with 2 boys 12 and 9. Somedays we spend $75 on food others we spend $150 easily!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter