• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much time do you spend at the water parks?

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
For those that go... it's been 15 years since we last went to a water park and that was before kids. How much time do you spend there? 4-5 hours? Open to close?

We typically go for about 3-4 hours 2-3 times during our 10 day trip. We arrive at opening and stay through lunch then hit up a park that evening.

We're very similar. About 4 hours, most often open to 2pm. Sometimes we'll go 3pm to close, but not often. In a 17 day trip, we'll go 6 or 7 times.

Same! Unless you are a waterslide junkie, going at open and leaving after lunch is sufficient. A relaxing day for me away from the parks starts with early morning Tonga Toast from Captain Cook's before playing Oak Trail at sunrise. Afterwards, heading to Typhoon Lagoon for opening, having lunch there and leaving around 2-3. Relaxing at the hotel for a bit, then doing dinner at one of the resorts ('Ohana please!) that evening, with maybe some late night minigolf to end the day!

Half day at the very most. Usually my water park day consists of the water park in the morning/early afternoon followed by the evening at Disney Springs.

Very interesting matter. In the case that we want to spend half day in a water park in August , according to crowds what is better? Going in the morning or in the afternoon?

I suppose that weather used to be better in the mornings, I think in the afternoon is likely to rain isn’t it??

Thank you

Personally, I think morning is best because it’s less crowded. We’ve gone in the afternoon a couple of times and we couldn’t ride the slides as much as we could in the mornings.

Great! Thank you

I suppose that it could not be necessary in August but how about the pools water? Does it feel to cold at very first hour in the morning??

Very interesting matter. In the case that we want to spend half day in a water park in August , according to crowds what is better? Going in the morning or in the afternoon?

I suppose that weather used to be better in the mornings, I think in the afternoon is likely to rain isn’t it??

Thank you

It really is 6 of one, half dozen of the other. If you go morning to early afternoon, it'll be less crowded in your first hour. If you go 3pm to close, it'll be less crowded in your final hour. Either way, the water parks are never as crowded as the theme parks. It may or may not rain in the afternoon. Same for morning, so I wouldn't plan around that.

Great! Thank you

I suppose that it could not be necessary in August but how about the pools water? Does it feel to cold at very first hour in the morning??

No, the water temp really won't change. How if feels to you is purely subjective. In summer, it's pretty hot outside even in late morning when the park opens, so it's a non-factor for us.

Same! Unless you are a waterslide junkie, going at open and leaving after lunch is sufficient. A relaxing day for me away from the parks starts with early morning Tonga Toast from Captain Cook's before playing Oak Trail at sunrise. Afterwards, heading to Typhoon Lagoon for opening, having lunch there and leaving around 2-3. Relaxing at the hotel for a bit, then doing dinner at one of the resorts ('Ohana please!) that evening, with maybe some late night minigolf to end the day!

We've got an 'Ohana ADR scheduled for our TL day!

For those that go... it's been 15 years since we last went to a water park and that was before kids. How much time do you spend there? 4-5 hours? Open to close?

Thank you

We normally visit in late August/early September and it rains almost every single afternoon. Water parks close all the slides and pools often for 1-2 hours while the storm passes as they normally include thunder and lightening.

For this reason we go from park open (10am) until about 1 or 2 then out. That being said, if you arrive after the rain has passed things have opened up again you'll have the run of the park with little to no waits for anything!

Depends on time of year, how many are going, what else I want to do that day...

Usually I consider water park day as an "off" or "rest" day. So, I don't try too hard to set alarms to get up and try not to be too rigid with a plan. It's a non-plan kinda day. But, with the later start time, I usually still have no problem being there at opening. I do have an understanding of which rides will back up with lines and which can wait til the park fills.

I usually pack a lunch because it's so easy to leave items at the chairs (always make sure what you leave at the chair is prepared to be rained on).

Usually our special meal of the day will be a dinner, either off site or at a resort we wouldn't leave a park for. Usually, there's dressing up involved.

Thank you
We often go in the afternoon for our 2-3 hours. Don't want to give up my morning park time, ditch the parks when they are crowded, and cool off at the WP. Many people leave in the afternoon, finding that a full day is too much.

We go from opening to about 1-2pm...........go back to our resort and clean up and change clothes........maybe rest a little bit.........then go to a land based park to use the 3 FP's we already had reserved in advance.

We love to take the whole day at TL. We rent a cabana, which helps make the day easier for us since we can have shade, a safe place to leave our things, towels, cover from the rain, a place to eat lunch and relax. My parents go with us, and they need a place to have some down time during all the fun! They do most of the slides but they need a break as well. My kids would stay from open to close but we typically leave around 4pm. I like to get there at opening or close to it because rain happens a lot in the afternoon, and as PP said, all attractions may be closed for an hour to several waiting for storms to pass out of the area (not just pass over TL).

We don’t usually go to the parks on our waterpark day because we are tired. We will eat on the Boardwalk if staying at BC, or eat at the resort for dinner. It is a low key day when the rest of our park days are pretty high key!

We get there at RD, slide for about 2 - 3 hours, have a QS lunch and then leave. If we are at BB and the line isn't terribly long, we then play mini-golf at WinterSummerland.

To answer the question regarding water temp - it's warm and very nice in August. We were just there on Sunday and starting sliding at 10 am when the air temp was about 70 degrees F. We were slightly chilly when we got out of the water, but it really wasn't bad. In August, the water will feel great!

We will be at Blizzard Beach on Sunday! We own a second home in Kissimmee and have annual passes with the water park option. My teens sleep late on vacation, so we will be in the water park in the afternoon. Lunch and dinner will be off site, or possibly dinner at Disney Springs.

The water parks are great, but many visitors skip them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter