• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much water to pack-recommendations?

LNMom

Mouseketeer
My family of 6, including MIL, is doing a 7 nt WC. Do y’all bring bottled water on excursions? Onboard?

I haven’t brought in the past, but my MIL wants some. If she has, then DH and kids will want some too. But, I want to limit how much I have to pack.

Thanks for sharing your insights!

My family of 6, including MIL, is doing a 7 nt WC. Do y’all bring bottled water on excursions? Onboard?

I haven’t brought in the past, but my MIL wants some. If she has, then DH and kids will want some too. But, I want to limit how much I have to pack.

There's really no need to bring your own bottled water onboard. The water on the ships is processed the same as most bottled waters (reverse osmosis and filtered). We just bring our own reusable bottles and fill them in the room or at the drink station.

Were a family of 4 and always order 1.5 cases four a 7 night cruise. We always take at least 2 bottles each for excursions, sometimes 3. We also bring refillable cups to use on the ship, but like to have the bottles for off the ship. You can order bottles ahead of time and they’ll be in your stateroom upon arrival if you’d like, it’s just much more expensive than bringing your own.

We always buy one case per 7 night cruise for the two of us in advance so it’s waiting in our stateroom when we arrive. Yes, it’s more expensive than carrying on our own, but it’s worth not having to haul them around with us for embarkation. We don’t mind the water on the ship, but we like bottles to take ashore with us, and having a bottle by our bedside overnight.

Aby

We just buy the water on board for excursions. There's so much to drink (and eat) on board that I don't want to have to carry around a bottle. Also, I have no problem drinking the tap water on the ship. Why does your MIL want bottled water? Is it because she's just used to it? Would she take a refillable one for on the ship, at least?

We use reusable Yeti tumblers. But to answer your question, you can bring as much bottle water as you can lug around in your carry-on. Not checked luggage.....carry-on.

Yeah, we will just bring reusable bottles and fill them on board before an excursion. My kids won't drink bottled water even if we got it.

We bring refillable bottles to take off the ship with us. We have a variety of brands - Camelbak, Nalgene, and Yeti. For a long, active excursion, my husband and I have hiking packs with water bladders that I suppose we would fill. I think the water on the ship tastes great!

If she's insistent, I think you'll need to gauge how much she actually drinks in a week. But I'd guess a two-four (24 bottles for you non-Canucks) is probably more than sufficient.

We bring a refillable bottle for each member of our traveling party. The water on the ship tastes great and refillable metal bottles are better for the environment.

We are a party of 7 and we always bring a refillable water container for each family member and my parents even bring a container for hot water. However, we do carry on bottled water as well... this is incase we need water in the middle of the night or forget to fill our containers. We will bring our refillable containers to excursions, but if it is a long excursion... we tend to pack a few extra water bottles especially since the kids refillable containers are so small.

Bit of advice... if you are going to order room service, you can ask them to bring glasses of water with your order, so that you don't have to go up to refill your container at the drink station.

We are a party of 7 and we always bring a refillable water container for each family member and my parents even bring a container for hot water. However, we do carry on bottled water as well... this is incase we need water in the middle of the night or forget to fill our containers. We will bring our refillable containers to excursions, but if it is a long excursion... we tend to pack a few extra water bottles especially since the kids refillable containers are so small.

Bit of advice... if you are going to order room service, you can ask them to bring glasses of water with your order, so that you don't have to go up to refill your container at the drink station.
You can refill your container from the tap in your room. It's the same water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter