How old is too old for rides? Mission Space?

For me it's never been a matter of my age that prevents me from enjoying rides. For some reason I can do RRRC, Mission Space and many other rides with no problems whatsoever, however put me on the Tea Cups and I might vomit. Go figure.

Going to Universal for a day in April, mainly to see Harry Potter. I haven't been there since it 1st opened. Wondering what you mean? What are their rides like?

I ride all but 2 big thrill rides at Universal but do avoid the following due to extremely wild motion effects: Dr. Doom's Fearfall and Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. In fact, I've never ridden them even once. I have riddden and would ride again any of the other big rides there. Overall, Universal rides are probably more jarring than all Disney rides except perhaps Rock 'n Roller coaster which I don't really like at all but will ride if DS wants me to.

Here's a quick link to someone's ranking and descriptions of the "thrill rides" at Universal Orlando.

However, I think both of the Harry Potter big rides are fine for just about everyone: "Forbidden Journey" and "Escape From Gringotts". I really like the Escape From Gringotts ride most of all the Universal attractions. The que alone is fantastic and the ride excellent. Overall, I think Universal does a great job with their rides and technological effects, better than Disney in fact.

Give their big rides a try and see what you think!

First, OP, Happy 60th birthday:) I turn 67 this week. My husband is 69. He will be 70 on our next visit to WDW in February.
We both ride all the "thrill" rides at WDW. I won't ride the orange side of mission space anymore. That one made me nauseous and shaky. Honestly, I couldn't ride anything for an hour after riding it! And I am the one who will ride anything! My husband tried the green (easier) side last year and said it was almost as bad as the orange one, but had less spinning. He said it still had spinning, though. I agree with a PP who got shakey after IOA's Forbidden Journey. So did I.

We often go to WDW with family, and gramma and grampa are the only ones who will ride the thrill rides with the grandkids. It is a blast!

So, all that in mind, I don't think there is an age to quit riding if you are healthy. So go ahead and have fun. I write articles on Seniors at Disney for another site and there are many of us out there. I touch on all kinds of subjects that affect us. Message me for the name of the site, or for questions.

I ride all but 2 big thrill rides at Universal but do avoid the following due to extremely wild motion effects: Dr. Doom's Fearfall and Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. In fact, I've never ridden them even once. I have riddden and would ride again any of the other big rides there. Overall, Universal rides are probably more jarring than all Disney rides except perhaps Rock 'n Roller coaster which I don't really like at all but will ride if DS wants me to.

Here's a quick link to someone's ranking and descriptions of the "thrill rides" at Universal Orlando.

However, I think both of the Harry Potter big rides are fine for just about everyone: "Forbidden Journey" and "Escape From Gringotts". I really like the Escape From Gringotts ride most of all the Universal attractions. The que alone is fantastic and the ride excellent. Overall, I think Universal does a great job with their rides and technological effects, better than Disney in fact.

Give their big rides a try and see what you think!

Thank you!

60 is too young to say you are old.

Personally, I still think I'm like 30! But I was reading on here about young folks asking what to do with their "elderly 60ish" mother's when they go to WDW. People were suggesting renting wheel chairs! Really?!? Not for ppl with disabilities either!

We were leaving IOA on our last trip & saw 2 ladies, probably in their late 70s, one was pushing the other in a wheel chair. They stopped in front of us & swapped positions! Really needed to SnapChat! So cute!

Last edited:
60 is too young to say you are old.
Agreed! We go at least once a year - I am 61 and DH is 60. It never occured to me to stop riding - the only rides I won't do are Mission Space Orange and RNR - I have tried RNR but find the start of the ride very uncomfortable - takes my breath away in a bad way! Actually the last couple of trips I started riding Space Mountain again, which I used to disklike. And I love TOT and EE!. Now, DH hurt his neck in a car accident and may be avoiding rides for a while, but I will ride as long as I feel healthy and still enjoy it. !

I agree with everyone else - it's a matter of health, not age. On my last trip to WDW, I kept running into this same older couple (late 60's/early 70's) while in line for nearly everything!

I'm hitting 40 in March, no kids, and on our next trip I plan on riding as many rides as possible just like we've always done, and just like I plan on doing until I can no longer be dragged and thrown into a Doom Buggy.

One of my favorite things to do is to head to Pirates near park close (45 min or so) and get on the ride over and over while there is no wait. Sometimes we'll try to see how many rides we can get done in a day. I think we've hit 16 a few times while working fast passes and low wait times while also taking time to enjoy wandering the park as well.

I just turned 60. I always looked at 60 year olds as "old" people and I'm sure
20/30 year olds look at me as an old guy. But I love all the rides. I've never
had issues with Mission Space - I LOVE it.

Still love RnRC and Space Mountain and Everest is my favorite. If you don't
get motion sickness 60 isn't too old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter