How to deal?

C.C.H.M.

The fallowing events are not sensible, but then ag
I'm going to be starting college in a few days and I admit, I'm a little nervous. Most of that has to do with location. I'm moving several states away from my current one, to a big city from a mid-sized town. I'm not scared for my safety or anything. Lots of self defense classes, but see... I have no base out there. I don't know anyone. So I'm just wondering if any one else has gone through this, and if so how'd you deal with it?

Get invovled! Thats pretty much the best idea. I moved from a small town to a mid size town. I knew no one, but my grandmother who I am living with while I'm going to school. Its been pretty lonely. But thats basically my fault. I've met LOTS of people at school and a church. But, I'm just not getting invovled. Doing things. Like the other day some girls from one of my classes asked if I wanted to eat with them at the BSM on campus because they were serving free lunch. But I said no. You can choose not to do things and to sit at home and feel sorry for yourself because your previous town was so much better. (I know, because I've been doing it). Yeah, so just get invovled. Meet people at school, hang out with them. If they don't offer ... you do! I guess your living on campus or something ... make friends with your roommate. Um, yeah, I need to take my own advice too! :rolleyes:
Anyway, I hope some of this helps! Good luck!!

i agree, join something! i moved 4 hours away from home and didn't know anyone at the college i attended. i joined the choir and made tons of friends. don't be afraid to talk to people either. you'll probably meet a lot of people in your dorm (if you're staying in one). it's a great way to get to know people. good luck. i'm sure it'll be fine. i think everyone goes through something like this at some point.

Hi,

Good luck at college. I just wanted to say that over here at least, most people move away from home&contacts for Uni, and everyone manages to make friends. Just get involved, nobody expects you to have a pre-made friendship group when you arrive, so you're bound to make new friends!

See it is a great opportunity to meet new people. It'll all be fine, although it's normal to be nervous!

have a great year!

You will be fine! Everyone is in the same boat as you are. My first day before classes started I was so nervous/excited I could barely sleep the night before. I moved far away to go to classes as well. I grew up in a small town in Indiana and went to Arizona State which is close to Phoenix. Have fun in college! Get involved as well. Most of my friends from school were from my on campus job and the dorms. It's hard to meet people in huge classes. I dont know how big your college is but ASU is huge. Good luck!

I've switched schools twice now and I have found that, like everyone else said, get involved in something-anything! As long as it is *good* for you. I don't know how high school was for you but I find that in college, you can be 100 percent of who you are...so stick with that and maybe try out the whole "I love Disney-a LOT" approach. You have NO idea how many friends I have made just by proclaiming my love for Disney. They are everywhere! And they usually turn out to be the nicest people you could ask for....best of luck to you! We're all rooting for ya! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter