How to enter the park with tickets on iPhone

PolyPal

Mouseketeer
It has been a long time since we went to WDW. Instead of paper or plastic park passes, I now have my family of 4’s tickets on my iPhone on the “My Disney Experience“ app. When we get to the park entrance, do I simply scan each ticket one at a time? What about the whole finger/biometric process?

i tried adding my wife’s and kid’s tickets to my wallet, but the app won’t let me. Also the Mobile Magic won’t show my family members so I can only get a pass for myself to use Mobile Magic. I suspect that is because they all have My Disney Experience on their phones. Should I have them delete their accounts so we can all be on my phone? (I end up carrying all of their phones and it would be easier for me to just manage all 4 of us on one phone (mine).

Thanks for any advice!

It has been a long time since we went to WDW. Instead of paper or plastic park passes, I now have my family of 4’s tickets on my iPhone on the “My Disney Experience“ app. When we get to the park entrance, do I simply scan each ticket one at a time? What about the whole finger/biometric process?
Yes, you’ll scan one ticket, that person will scan their finger and enter, then you’ll scan the next ticket, that person will scan finger and enter, etc. until all have scanned in. BTW you’ll have to repeat that process for every LL or VQ line you enter, too.

Obviously, this takes time, and you’ll have to be organized as to whose ticket will be scanned next. That’s why general advice is to get ticket cards, one per person, for free, at the first park you enter. Saves a lot of aggravation for you as well as for those behind you in line! If there are more than two of you, you might consider going to a ticket booth or GR at the park or the Ticket Center or GR at DS to get the cards before entering the turnstiles at the park.
i tried adding my wife’s and kid’s tickets to my wallet, but the app won’t let me. Also the Mobile Magic won’t show my family members so I can only get a pass for myself to use Mobile Magic. I suspect that is because they all have My Disney Experience on their phones. Should I have them delete their accounts so we can all be on my phone? (I end up carrying all of their phones and it would be easier for me to just manage all 4 of us on one phone (mine).

Thanks for any advice!
No, not necessary. You can manage them all on your phone as long as they’re all linked in your F&F list.

Yes, you’ll scan one ticket, that person will scan their finger and enter, then you’ll scan the next ticket, that person will scan finger and enter, etc. until all have scanned in. BTW you’ll have to repeat that process for every LL or VQ line you enter, too.

Obviously, this takes time, and you’ll have to be organized as to whose ticket will be scanned next. That’s why general advice is to get ticket cards, one per person, for free, at the first park you enter. Saves a lot of aggravation for you as well as for those behind you in line! If there are more than two of you, you might consider going to a ticket booth or GR at the park or the Ticket Center or GR at DS to get the cards before entering the turnstiles at the park.

No, not necessary. You can manage them all on your phone as long as they’re all linked in your F&F list.
Thank you! I am old fashioned and like physical ticket media, LOL! Another question, if I go to Guest Relations, say at Disney Springs to get the ticket cards, will all of us need to be there? (Or can I send my wife and kids shopping while I exchange the tickets?

At some of my park openings they have been creating a card ticket for every guest entering the park with their phone, after helping them. The phones overall slow everything down.

Remember a MagicBand or Ticket only need a tap BUT the phone needs to have your blue tooth ON and then the scanner has to retrieve the info from your phone. You don't "tap" your phone. It will never be as fast as the MB or hard ticket even if you do it right.

Thank you! I am old fashioned and like physical ticket media, LOL! Another question, if I go to Guest Relations, say at Disney Springs to get the ticket cards, will all of us need to be there? (Or can I send my wife and kids shopping while I exchange the tickets?
Yes, you can get the ticket cards while they do something else, assuming none of them are APs or military tickets that require IDs and proof of eligibility.

I think that having everyone’s tickets on one phone is one of those ideas that sound good but aren’t really.

At some of my park openings they have been creating a card ticket for every guest entering the park with their phone, after helping them. The phones overall slow everything down.

Remember a MagicBand or Ticket only need a tap BUT the phone needs to have your blue tooth ON and then the scanner has to retrieve the info from your phone. You don't "tap" your phone. It will never be as fast as the MB or hard ticket even if you do it right.
Thanks! Do all 4 of us have to go to Guest Services or the ticket booth to exchange the tickets on my phone for the ticket cards? Can I just go wait in line while they shop?

Thanks for any advice!
I was able to add to wallet but you can access in the app as well. We did this last time. I don’t like bracelets so this was a better option

Thanks! Do all 4 of us have to go to Guest Services or the ticket booth to exchange the tickets on my phone for the ticket cards? Can I just go wait in line while they shop?

My sister-in-law had her ticket on her phone and the CM at the first park gave her a ticket card at the touch post entry. She didn't have to go to Guest Services. They should be able to give everyone a ticket card when you enter the park.

Thanks for any advice!
If you use your phone to tap in, please know how to use it. Our last trip, on 3 different days, we were behind someone trying to use their phone to tap in. No idea if it was android or iPhone, but they seemed to have all sorts of problems. Every time, we saw the CM raise their hand to bring over help. Not sure if it was user error or software issues. Of course, also saw lots of MB issues as well at tap in.

If you use your phone to tap in, please know how to use it. Our last trip, on 3 different days, we were behind someone trying to use their phone to tap in. No idea if it was android or iPhone, but they seemed to have all sorts of problems. Every time, we saw the CM raise their hand to bring over help. Not sure if it was user error or software issues. Of course, also saw lots of MB issues as well at tap in.
Seems like a Disney problem. They have made it so much work to take a vacation!

You can also get the card tickets at the checkin desk at the resort if you stay on property and go there first. The cards will make it much quicker. We were just there and there were more problems with people and their family using one phone to get everyone in, both at the entrance and at the lightning lane entrances.

I still have passes from a trip two years ago (along with Magic Bands for everyone but myself). Would I be able to link new tickets to these older passes? It looks like the passes are still showing as "active" in my Disney account.

Seems like a Disney problem. They have made it so much work to take a vacation!
I agree! It's hard at games and concerts too to know if your tickets are all set before you actually get to the tap point. I can't blame someone that doesn't know how to use it at first.

If they have their own MDE accounts, they would need to add a Disney MagicMobile pass to their own phone. Once they do that, they should be able to share their MagicMobile pass with you so you can add it to the wallet on your phone.

If any of your family has an Apple Watch you can then use their watch like a Magic Band and tap into the touchpoints.

I still have passes from a trip two years ago (along with Magic Bands for everyone but myself). Would I be able to link new tickets to these older passes? It looks like the passes are still showing as "active" in my Disney account.
The ticket is not actually ON the hard plastic card. Both the card and the ticket are linked to the MDE account. Once linked, any physical card or magicband linked to that profile will access any ticket linked to the same profile. So go ahead and link your new tickets to MDE and the hard plastic cards will work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter