How to exchange Disneyland tickets

Melekal

Earning My Ears
Hey guys,

I am planning a vacation to Disneyland with some friends to haven't had a vacation in a long long time. They really need the break and are tight on money so we are trying to use my timeshares to facilitate this. They were wondering how they were going to afford tickets when they won a contest to get four Disneyland tickets that expire on 9/15/05!!!

That was wonderful but we've run into one problem. If we want to use my timeshare to save hotel cost there aren't any condos available at that time and we booked them a while ago for the second week in November. So now we would either have to let those tickets expire and buy more or pay for a normal hotel for a week instead.

I've talked to Disney and got conficting answers but in general was told there wasn't anything I could do with the tickets. They are normal 3 day park hopper tickets just like you would get if you bought them direct from Disney. My friends are concerned about trying to sell them because it says Non transferrable in the little writting on the back of the ticket. I've told them that is probably what every ticket says but they aren't buying that.

Anyhow, bottom line, does anyone have any suggestions on what we do with these tickets? I don't want to sell them to someone who won't be able to use them but we also don't want to have to spend 600 or more that we don't have to. Any advice would be very appreciated.

You will likely not be able to exchange them. But I would give it a try selling them on eBay. All tickets are technically non-transferable, so that is nothing special.

You will likely not get the full value for the tickets but something is better then nothing at all right?

DL tickets have strict expiry dates on them. Most tickets that you buy other than one day tickets have an expiration date on them.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about the expiration date and I've figured there's probably no exchanging them. Right now the main concern my friends have is that they can't sell them since it says non transferrable. But from what I can tell all tickets say that and the only thing I can figure is that is for people who get a three day park hopper pass to get three people in all in one day or something.

Another option is maybe you could trade your timeshare reservations with someone who has the ability to get you in before the tickets expire?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter