• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to get a specific room at Disneyland Hotel

Zoies Mom

Mouseketeer
I have booked a deluxe view 2 Queen. I have been watching a lot of videos on rooms and I noticed some have sleeper sofas which I need for my room. Also, I have noticed some have a separate toilet area with our without double sinks.

I guess my question is how do i get a specific room with a sofa bed and a separate toilet area.

Thanks!

You can do a chat in the app and make requests, but as the above poster said, getting the couch is usually reserved for a party of 5, but if available they should be able to give that to you.

Agree with the above posts. I find it extremely frustrating that I can reserve the exact bedding configuration that I am going to have at a low priced Hilton Garden Inn, but I can't reserve my bedding at the DLH or GCH for 5x the price. I complain about it on every survey that I get, but until people stop booking the hotels (including me!), I am not sure they want to lose the flexibility the current policy gives them.

Agree with the above posts. I find it extremely frustrating that I can reserve the exact bedding configuration that I am going to have at a low priced Hilton Garden Inn, but I can't reserve my bedding at the DLH or GCH for 5x the price. I complain about it on every survey that I get, but until people stop booking the hotels (including me!), I am not sure they want to lose the flexibility the current policy gives them.
I agree. Just tell Disneyland Resort Hotel - DLH GCH PPH as soon as possible....the earlier the better like the day of the initial reservation. I wanted 2 double queen bed with a day bed with Woods Courtyard view at GCH. I requested when I booked and everytime I made a payment I called up and made the request. I got what I requested at GCH for my August trip. It is a matter of persistence!!

I agree. Just tell Disneyland Resort Hotel - DLH GCH PPH as soon as possible....the earlier the better like the day of the initial reservation. I wanted 2 double queen bed with a day bed with Woods Courtyard view at GCH. I requested when I booked and everytime I made a payment I called up and made the request. I got what I requested at GCH for my August trip. It is a matter of persistence!!
I don't disagree about persistence, but that is the most common room configuration at the GCH by a long shot (per other posters here who know a lot more about the details of the GCH than I do!). I make the same request every single time we stay at the GCH (King, day bed, sleeper chair). I call and make my reservation and request at that time. I call back and recheck it before the stay. I request it again at the check in desk. We get it about 50% of the time, but it is an uncommon room type at that hotel, and I have heard that the give those rooms to folks who are at conferences as a priority.

Either way, always make the request early and often, but be prepared not to get it. And I think the DLH has a lot more room configurations than GCH, so there is a lot of variability there in layout and size of rooms. Again, at these prices, I think Disney should allow reservations of specific bedding.

I don't disagree about persistence, but that is the most common room configuration at the GCH by a long shot (per other posters here who know a lot more about the details of the GCH than I do!). I make the same request every single time we stay at the GCH (King, day bed, sleeper chair). I call and make my reservation and request at that time. I call back and recheck it before the stay. I request it again at the check in desk. We get it about 50% of the time, but it is an uncommon room type at that hotel, and I have heard that the give those rooms to folks who are at conferences as a priority.

Either way, always make the request early and often, but be prepared not to get it. And I think the DLH has a lot more room configurations than GCH, so there is a lot of variability there in layout and size of rooms. Again, at these prices, I think Disney should allow reservations of specific bedding.

I agree. The room you want there is always a high demand for and not that many rooms have that configuration. I need to ask you when you book is it a standard view or something else? For the prices, I agree!!

FYI...the primary reason they will not make advance room type guarantees is they give priority to Meetings and Events clients which are a HUGE business for the hotels (not just room blocks but food and bev, meeting room rentals, and AV) and sometimes do not confirm room blocks as far out. Those contracts have specific room types they block out for the business travelers (convention clients want primarily the King rooms for example)...then the rest is allocated to the leisure clients.

For the beds, book a phantom child...to get you to five people.

Not sure about the other issue, but I know at both DLH rooms we got last week, the toilet had a door that we could close...

For the beds, book a phantom child...to get you to five people.

Not sure about the other issue, but I know at both DLH rooms we got last week, the toilet had a door that we could close...
There is a price increase for guests after 2 people though, so you would just have to weight if it's worth the cost

I would make a note to your reservation and then ask when you get there at the front desk. I would not do online check in. We found out on our 2021 trip that removes some of their flexibility. We got there and our room wasn't ready, but everyone else was going up to the front desk and getting rooms right away. They were honest and told us it was because our room was assigned in the online check in and they could not override it- so we had to wait for that specific room number to be cleaned.

We checked out yesterday. For the first time ever, we had a room that did not have the separate vanity area outside the bathroom, which we always use. Our bathroom was also smaller than any we have had--- single sink and the vanity was short compared to other times we had a single sink room. There was hardly any room to set stuff and certainly not room for 3 people's stuff. There wasn't room under the counter either because the towels pretty much filled that whole area with the shorter vanity. We also had a chair, not the couch-- but I think there was one other time we had the chair and still had the longer vanity and separate vanity. DD is a teen who takes a long time to get ready and comes with lots of stuff, so the shorter bathroom counter and the lack of a vanity outside the bathroom was a problem in the mornings-- especially because we traveled there to an event for DD where she had to look really nice and Disney was a bonus. I figured we got the small room because I booked with a discounted rate and requested a specific tower, and I usually book Deluxe and this time I booked standard view. Even in the small room the toilet was a separate area with a door. I think I may have seen photos of some rooms where the toilet wasn't separate, but we have never had a room there without the toilet separated with a door.

Last edited:
I would make a note to your reservation and then ask when you get there at the front desk. I would not do online check in. We found out on our 2021 trip that removes some of their flexibility. We got there and our room wasn't ready, but everyone else was going up to the front desk and getting rooms right away. They were honest and told us it was because our room was assigned in the online check in and they could not override it- so we had to wait for that specific room number to be cleaned.

We checked out yesterday. For the first time ever, we had a room that did not have the separate vanity area outside the bathroom, which we always use. Our bathroom was also smaller than any we have had--- single sink and the vanity was short compared to other times we had a single sink room. There was hardly any room to set stuff and certainly not room for 3 people's stuff. There wasn't room under the counter either because the towels pretty much filled that whole area with the shorter vanity. We also had a chair, not the couch-- but I think there was one other time we had the chair and still had the longer vanity and separate vanity. DD is a teen who takes a long time to get ready and comes with lots of stuff, so the shorter bathroom counter and the lack of a vanity outside the bathroom was a problem in the mornings-- especially because we traveled there to an event for DD where she had to look really nice and Disney was a bonus. I figured we got the small room because I booked with a discounted rate and requested a specific tower, and I usually book Deluxe and this time I booked standard view. Even in the small room the toilet was a separate area with a door.
What Disneyland hotel did you stay?

What Disneyland hotel did you stay?
The Disneyland Hotel. The room was clean and quiet--- outside of it being the smallest bathroom we have ever had at the Disneyland Hotel, and not having a separate vanity it was fine. I love that hotel. I had to get up a lot earlier since there was no outside vanity, as typically DD will get ready in the separate vanity area. DH and I had to be completely ready before she got up and took over the bathroom.

I agree. The room you want there is always a high demand for and not that many rooms have that configuration. I need to ask you when you book is it a standard view or something else? For the prices, I agree!!
We always book Woods/Courtyard because it is usually close to the Napa Rose elevators and I am not really worried about the view since we are in the parks almost all day. I do like a quiet balcony in the mornings and evenings.

As others have said, you need to call to request it, but they won't guarantee anything. You could call soon, and then again a few days before your visit. Once you check in, if you don't have the right room configuration you could ask to switch, but that would depend on availability.

We checked out yesterday. For the first time ever, we had a room that did not have the separate vanity area outside the bathroom, which we always use. Our bathroom was also smaller than any we have had--- single sink and the vanity was short compared to other times we had a single sink room. There was hardly any room to set stuff and certainly not room for 3 people's stuff. There wasn't room under the counter either because the towels pretty much filled that whole area with the shorter vanity. We also had a chair, not the couch-- but I think there was one other time we had the chair and still had the longer vanity and separate vanity. DD is a teen who takes a long time to get ready and comes with lots of stuff, so the shorter bathroom counter and the lack of a vanity outside the bathroom was a problem in the mornings-- especially because we traveled there to an event for DD where she had to look really nice and Disney was a bonus. I figured we got the small room because I booked with a discounted rate and requested a specific tower, and I usually book Deluxe and this time I booked standard view. Even in the small room the toilet was a separate area with a door. I think I may have seen photos of some rooms where the toilet wasn't separate, but we have never had a room there without the toilet separated with a door.
Thanks on the tip on online check-in. I always wondered if it was to our disadvantage.
What tower did you have?

Our standard and Deluxe room bookings have always varied. I’ve tried to figure it out and have no idea what the secret is. I only want a sofa because it seems to be a bigger room. We’ve had the small sink/closet separated by a hall in the Frontier tower. But a wide room. We’ve had the outside sink, large counter.

And another time an enclosed bathroom but double sink and separate toilet within. It was the largest bathroom configuration for a standard room booking. This was the Adventure Tower. But then another stay in the Adventure Tower was so small… they didn’t even have an extra chair. The bed was right next to the window. So I don’t bother with the Tower requests

And another time an enclosed bathroom but double sink and separate toilet within. It was the largest bathroom configuration for a standard room booking. This was the Adventure Tower. But then another stay in the Adventure Tower was so small… they didn’t even have an extra chair. The bed was right next to the window. So I don’t bother with the Tower requests
I think the Adventure Tower is mostly consistent on room configuration. This suprises me to hear about the small room, as that tower was the newest and other than the suites, I was under the impression all rooms were basically the same. There must be a few rooms, at least, that aren't the regular type you were expecting! That's news to me. Thanks for posting.

I think the Adventure Tower is mostly consistent on room configuration. This suprises me to hear about the small room, as that tower was the newest and other than the suites, I was under the impression all rooms were basically the same. There must be a few rooms, at least, that aren't the regular type you were expecting! That's news to me. Thanks for posting.
I had called and requested the Adventureland Tower. Upon check-in at the front desk again, I made an inquiry again. She was about to say that nothing was available then kept scrolling… then said “oh there is one left.”

I’m assuming they normally don’t give anyone this room. Or some other guest rejected it. It was on the second or third floor right next to the elevators or utility room. It was just a sad room.

We had a similar bathroom last time except the toilet was in with the sink and not separate. The faucet was also leaking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter