How to get the 1st time cruiser credit?

Missed the boat on this REF code.

AprilN, I also booked through Costco for 2/15/03 but they didn't know what the REF was either time. Tried again today. The lady I spoke to at Costco called a Disney Rep. who said this code is non-transferrable. She then gave me Disney's number but from reading posts here don't think that will help. Any advice for getting this bonus would be greatly appreciated!

SingitAlto, sent you a PM.

Thanks All.

:(

Tink Fans,

Disney said the code is "non-transferrable"? I'm not sure what that means - that it only can be applied to reservations made via DCL? Does anyone else have an idea?

It might be worth calling DCL anyway, because while they can't add the REF code to your reservation, they can at least tell you whether the code is valid for your cruise. When I added the code, Costco first claimed the code wasn't valid for 2003 cruises. I then called Disney, who confirmed that the code was valid, but that Costco had to take care of it. After calling Costco again, the code was finally added, once they called Disney again.

So, given that the should be valid for your cruise (as it is for mine), I would start by calling DCL and confirming that fact. The problem may be with the rep at Costco; perhaps they're not familiar with DCL, or are just, well, not the brightest bulb in the bunch. Good luck!

April

Hi AprilN,

Thanks for your response. Guess I'll give it another try after I confirm with DCL that REF is indeed valid and we'll see what happens. Seems like a hit or miss situation and whether you're persistent or not.

Somewhere on these boards I had read that the Disney Club onboard credit for the 2/15/03 cruise could not be used. Today the DCL rep. (through Costco) said if I renew my DC card which expires 1/03, I could have that credit applied. Passing on that opportunity since she probably also has the wrong information.

I'll post with my good or bad news soon.

M

Whew! Called Disney and confirmed REF was valid. Then called TA back who immediately knew what I was talking about and called to have it applied. TA could not believe the other two people I spoke to at Costco could not have helped me.

Also found out through Disney that YOU CAN get this credit if you're a DVC member and using points. We used points last (first) time and was told "no can do." They were nice enough to apply it this time. Guess it pays to double check and triple check and . . . .

Thanks everyone!

I just wanted to ' THANK YOU' for the info. I called my TA, she called disney and we got our credit $50 for a land/sea package! :) Thanks so much again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter