How to get to EWWS to pick up bibs from Animal Kingdom for Dark Side marathon?

Alice777

DIS Veteran
Hello,

I originally asked in the other regular thread what would be the best way to get the bibs for Star Wars Half Marathon - Dark Side in April from MK and Epcot.

Because Disney is keep on changing their park hours, we switched our park days again.

On Thursday, we'll be at MK and on Friday, we'll be at Animal Kingdom from as soon as they open.

I've been told if picking up bib from MK in the middle of the day, the best way is to walk to Contemporary Resort and take EWWS bus to EWWS.

If we can't make it on Thursday, we need to pick up the bibs on Friday. Bib pick up is until 7 pm on Friday. If we were to leave Animal Kingdom early:

1. what is the fastest/best way to pick up bibs from Animal Kingdom?
2. what time should we leave to make it before 7 pm to pick up bibs?

I looked at the map and Disney's All Star Resort is the closest from the Animal Kingdom. Should we take bus to All Star Resort, get off there and then ride EWWS bus to EWWS?

Or is there a better way?

Thank you.

I would take the all stars or animal kingdom lodge transportation. I would also leave AK around 3:30-4:00 to give yourself enough time.

I would take the all stars or animal kingdom lodge transportation. I would also leave AK around 3:30-4:00 to give yourself enough time.

I second this. The All-Stars or POP would be the least out of the way since they are the closest resorts to WWoS.

Those are the three resorts to consider from AK,AKL,All Stars or POP/Art of Animation.AKL and the All Stars are the closest to AK and POP/Art of Animation are the closest to WWoS.Remember from AK to the resort you pick you would be taking Disney transportation buses,once you get to the resort to get to WWoS you will be looking for the motor coaches that stop at the RunDisney event sign out front.

Thank you. Do you think we really need to leave by 4 pm to get to WWoS by 6:45 pm?

I hate to cut off our time at AK....hopefully if we rope rope, we can have everything done by 4 pm.

Another option would be taking uber to WWos. If we take uber at 6 pm, would we make it by 6:45 pm?

EDIT: Do they close exactly at 7 pm?

Thank you again.

Never went to the expo that close to closing time but remember picking up your bib is not a 5-10 minute process,for example at WDW marathon weekend in January you first have to visit the HP Fieldhouse to get your bib then you have to go over to the Jostens center for your shirt and this is also the building where they hold the expo that you may want to check out as well as the race merchandise which is also usually in this building.In my opinion picking up your bib can take as little as 30 minutes if you blow through it and there are no lines or it can take 2-3 hours if you take your time seeing everything and you encounter some lines to pick up your bib,shirt and if you buy some merchandise.My point is to not get there at 6:45,get there at least an hour before it closes,if you leave AK at 4pm I think you will likely get there before 6pm taking Disney transportation.

Hello,

I originally asked in the other regular thread what would be the best way to get the bibs for Star Wars Half Marathon - Dark Side in April from MK and Epcot.

Because Disney is keep on changing their park hours, we switched our park days again.

On Thursday, we'll be at MK and on Friday, we'll be at Animal Kingdom from as soon as they open.

I've been told if picking up bib from MK in the middle of the day, the best way is to walk to Contemporary Resort and take EWWS bus to EWWS.

If we can't make it on Thursday, we need to pick up the bibs on Friday. Bib pick up is until 7 pm on Friday. If we were to leave Animal Kingdom early:

1. what is the fastest/best way to pick up bibs from Animal Kingdom?
2. what time should we leave to make it before 7 pm to pick up bibs?

I looked at the map and Disney's All Star Resort is the closest from the Animal Kingdom. Should we take bus to All Star Resort, get off there and then ride EWWS bus to EWWS?

Or is there a better way?

Thank you.

We did the Magic Kingdom to the Wide World of Sports via the Contemporary route on a Friday during the Princess Weekend. The buses had sort of bunched up before we came, so we had to wait a while for the next one to arrive. But it was pretty painless, and the bonus of going in the midday is that there wasn't a line at all to get our bibs or pick up our race packets (although this does happen in two separate rooms and one requires wading through the shoppers in the main Expo room). But if we didn't stop to shop - I'd say 20 minutes tops once your in the door (we did this at 1:30 pm- The big crowds I think happen in the morning.

If you are in a real hurry, you can also consider biting the bullet and getting a taxi directly from the parks to the Wide World of Sports. Obviously this is a more expensive option than Disney transportation- but faster.
Princess Race weekend we used taxis to go directly from Wide World of Sports to the Parks (twice, once on Thursday to get to Studios after packet pickup, and again Friday to get back to Magic Kingdom after the kids races). But I assume it would be equally simple to go from the Parks to the WWoS.

We're going to the expo on Thursday (our AK day). I'm planning on uber. I haven't decided on if we're going for the start, or will hop midday. Dragging 2 kids out of a park isn't high on my lists of things to do. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter