how to redeem Disney Visa rewards

Zippa D Doodah said:
Does anyone know about how long it takes to get the reward card in the mail? We leave for WDW in late October, and I don't want to miss asking for this reward card. We've ben using the Visa for a while, and this is our first reward card, so it should be a doozy.
In 2 cases in my family, it took under 2 weeks. :thumbsup2

As for the character meet & greet, I went there, like ANYONE else can do, but didn't see ANY Rewards Card acknowledgement, or sign-in, or anything, so all those pics were just added to our photopass. :confused3 I had no clue how to obtain anything for FREE. :sad2:

When I got my Visa they said I would get 50 reward points after my first purchase.They have not shown up on my first bill.Does anyone know when they do and also I got $40 credit after I used it do you think they did that instead of the rewards points? :confused3 Anyone else had this question or been through this?

[/QUOTE]QUOTE]As for the character meet & greet, I went there, like ANYONE else can do, but didn't see ANY Rewards Card acknowledgement, or sign-in, or anything, so all those pics were just added to our photopass. :confused3 I had no clue how to obtain anything for FREE. :sad2:[/QUOTE]

The reward meet and greet is not the standard that anyone can go into, you have to show your visa card and they give you a coupon for the free photo. Coupon must be redeemed in the park. It is behind a black curtain and there is a variety of characters they change frequently. There is no sign to let you know. If you ask a CM they can point you in the right direction. If i remember correctly it is somewhere accross from the fire truck, but don't quote me on it.

Denise

KimRaye said:
As for the character meet & greet, I went there, like ANYONE else can do, but didn't see ANY Rewards Card acknowledgement, or sign-in, or anything, so all those pics were just added to our photopass. :confused3 I had no clue how to obtain anything for FREE. :sad2:

You must have gone to a different character meet and greet that was for anyone and not the VISA meet and greet at Epcot's Innovations West.

The VISA meet and greet is ONLY for VISA holders. They will ask to see your VISA card before they let you in behind the curtain to meet with the characters. After they see your VISA they will give you a special voucher to turn in for ONE free photo as you exit the park that day.

Sorry you missed out on the free photo.

I ordered my Rewards Card for my Aug. Trip and it took about 2 weeks. Don't put more on it than you are willing to spend because they do expire. You can always call and add more but you cant subtract them and put them back on your account

lilybeth11602 said:
When I got my Visa they said I would get 50 reward points after my first purchase.They have not shown up on my first bill.Does anyone know when they do and also I got $40 credit after I used it do you think they did that instead of the rewards points? :confused3 Anyone else had this question or been through this?
I recently got a Disney Visa and a few weeks after I made my first purchase, I got a $50 gift certificate in the mail (I thought I was going to get $50 worth of rewards points...)

I have no idea why you got the $40 credit. I would call Chase Disney Visa Customer service and ask....

beattyfamily said:
You must have gone to a different character meet and greet that was for anyone and not the VISA meet and greet at Epcot's Innovations West.

The VISA meet and greet is ONLY for VISA holders. They will ask to see your VISA card before they let you in behind the curtain to meet with the characters. After they see your VISA they will give you a special voucher to turn in for ONE free photo as you exit the park that day.

Sorry you missed out on the free photo.
Thanks. It was at Innovations West, but it must have been the wrong one. :sad2: There were very short lines tho, so I was ok with it. ;) It wasn't "across from the fire truck". I don't recall seeing a fire truck in Epcot. :confused3

Oh well.

Once you get your rewards card can they take the points away for say making a payment a few days late or are the points yours to keep no matter what?

Also can you buy disney dollars with it @ the DS?

You account must be in good standing in order for you to be able to use your points. If you're late with a payment or do not pay at least the minimum, your points will be frozen and unavailable for use for the remainder of the month. You will not lose the points but you will not be able to access them either.

If you fail to pay your minimum balance for 3 straight months, you will forfeit all of your rewards points and they will not be reinstated even after you bring your account current.

FWIW, paying late on rewards credit cards is a very bad idea. Rewards cards have higher interest rates and penalties than regular credit cards. Even paying the minimum by the due date is better than being late.

twinkletoesmom said:
Also can you buy disney dollars with it @ the DS?
Technically, the answer is "no". Rewards Dollars are not supposed to be used to purchase "cash equivalents" such as giftcards or Disney DOllars.

In practice, the answer is "it depends". Some Disney Stores will allow it; others won't. It never hurts to ask.

aka-mad4themouse said:
Technically, the answer is "no". Rewards Dollars are not supposed to be used to purchase "cash equivalents" such as giftcards or Disney DOllars.

In practice, the answer is "it depends". Some Disney Stores will allow it; others won't. It never hurts to ask.
I made several purchases of Disney Dollars at my local store with my Rewards card. :thumbsup2 So, it doesn't hurt to ask. ;)

Can i use my rewards card to purchase anything in the theme park? (i.e. souvenirs, food etc..) or are there limitations to what i can use my points on

Yes you can use the points for food, room payments, tickets just about anything in the gift shops. Think of the card as a Disney Cash

You can use the rewards card anywhere that accepts Credit Cards as payment. So pretty much anything but the snack carts.

thanks for the reminder
I have $129 on mine that I need to switch over to the card

Who else has received the $50 gift certificate? And used it? What if you buy something that's less than $50? Do they give you change, Disney Dollars, or a new gift certificate in a lesser amount? Or do you have to buy something that's over $50?

smiller said:
Who else has received the $50 gift certificate? And used it? What if you buy something that's less than $50? Do they give you change, Disney Dollars, or a new gift certificate in a lesser amount? Or do you have to buy something that's over $50?

I've gotten this, but it was a $50 gift card. The amount you spend is just deducted from the card, so they give your card back to you and let you know what you're remaining balance is (if you've spent less than $50).

I got a gift certificate too (not a gift card) I am planning on using our KTTW card to charge everything and using my gift certificate and any reward dollars I earn to pay on that....

FirstTimeCruiser said:
I've gotten this, but it was a $50 gift card. The amount you spend is just deducted from the card, so they give your card back to you and let you know what you're remaining balance is (if you've spent less than $50).

So was that like your 50 reward points?How long after you got your card did they send it to you?I still havent gotten anything like that when I was suppossed to get it after my first purchase.

lilybeth11602 said:
So was that like your 50 reward points?How long after you got your card did they send it to you?I still havent gotten anything like that when I was suppossed to get it after my first purchase.
I got my Disney Visa in May and made my first purchase immediately. I got $50 gift certificate (to be used at Disney or Disney Stores...not a gift card though) in the mail about 3-4 weeks after my first purchase....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter