• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to stay "off site"!?

Might be helpful to remember that if you DO rent a car, you'll need to factor in the cost of parking at each park. Which, with the length of your trip, might mean at least ONE of you should get an annual pass. That would allow for free parking, photo pass, discounts on some dining and merchandise. Def crunch the numbers though, as the last AP price hike closed the gap on that being a no brainer.

Yes, this is definitely something u need to take in consideration as the parking fees are quite expensive. If you have park hopper tickets and plan on visiting more than one park a day, u will save some money as u only pay for parking one time only no matter how many parks u visit that day, just keep ur receipt and show the guard and u wont have to pay. As I stated prior, it's the family's that do more than Disney that get the best benefits from renting a car. If your doing a Disney only vacation and your specifically staying offsite to just cut cost, then I would probably agree with some here that ur better off using Lyft or taxi.

You know the way you tour. We mostly stay off property, skip the Hopper (we weren’t using it) eat breakfast in the suite and bring lunch.
Uber/Lyft to the park. Once you’re on property you can use Disney’s Transportation to get around. It works for us.
Good luck!

Piggybacking on this thread, can anyone offer advice to staying offsite when one member of the party is using an ECV? We are starting to plan a big family trip for 2021 and my father in law is going to need a scooter. I am working on making a case for staying offsite, but I don't have any experience with the ECVs and didn't know if that would severely complicate transportation.

Piggybacking on this thread, can anyone offer advice to staying offsite when one member of the party is using an ECV? We are starting to plan a big family trip for 2021 and my father in law is going to need a scooter. I am working on making a case for staying offsite, but I don't have any experience with the ECVs and didn't know if that would severely complicate transportation.
You might want to check the DISabilities forum for help. Although staying onsite would be convenient with an ECV, I’m sure that there are a number of regulars on that board who consistently stay offsite. I do know that some scooter models are easily disassembled and can fit in the trunk of a car. But if you’re going to rely on Uber or the resort’s free buses, you may find it to be challenging.

We did several trips with EVC. It was delivered to our resort. They showed us how to take it apart and together. It fits easy in the trunk of a rental car. My teenage daughter was able to lift it in and out. Very easy

We stayed offsite once. We stayed at BC and loved the resort. We had issues with the bussing. Now that they are charging to use the bus service that is an additional turn off for me. Plus the FP booking dates are 30 days instead of 60. My husband would love to go back to BC but I am not budging. Also looking for inspiration to take the offsite plunge. Disney is just getting way too expensive.

We stayed offsite once. We stayed at BC and loved the resort. We had issues with the bussing. Now that they are charging to use the bus service that is an additional turn off for me. Plus the FP booking dates are 30 days instead of 60. My husband would love to go back to BC but I am not budging. Also looking for inspiration to take the offsite plunge. Disney is just getting way too expensive.

Do an offsite resort or home with a rental car and no resort/resort parking fees. It's soooo nice and freeing to be able to come and go as you please. I hate bussing, and the shuttles aren't a value when you have to pay for them. We did Sheraton Vistana in April with a 24 and 13 yo. LOVED it. 7 different pools, so many places to sit and relax and swim. Tons of restaurant options, we made one trip to the grocery store and had simple meals and drinks when we wanted in our condo on our beautiful balcony (screened). We stopped and got alcohol and had drinks in our room and at the pools. (Saved TONS this way). And a few nights got takeout which was nice and relaxing after a long park day. Dh and I had privacy in the master bedroom, which we loved. And a big soaking tub! It was heaven.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter