How to update food allergy info in MDE

dk413

Mouseketeer
Is there a way to update food allergy information for dining reservations in the MDE app?

I have found that once the initial reservation has been made, the allergy information can be updated only by phoning WDW. Also, their approach to food allergies now seems to be that they give you an allergy menu, which you could ask for upon arrival even if your allergy wasn't noted in the dining reservation.

Have to talk to the chefs in person
It was no issue at all talking to the chef. The menus are a good start but so many dishes can be easily modified. For example the New York strip at Narcoossee’s was listed as containing dairy. It was just the mashed potatoes -,easy substitution. In many cases with my two allergies there is absolutely nothing on the menu I can eat without speaking to the chef.

It was no issue at all talking to the chef. The menus are a good start but so many dishes can be easily modified. For example the New York strip at Narcoossee’s was listed as containing dairy. It was just the mashed potatoes -,easy substitution. In many cases with my two allergies there is absolutely nothing on the menu I can eat without speaking to the chef.

I have a feeling this is how it’s going to be for us. My son has 3: eggs, tree nuts and now sesame seeds. Not even sure if they list sesame on the allergy menu. Contemplating just packing his lunch everyday and bringing it with us

Thanks for all the replies!

I have a feeling this is how it’s going to be for us. My son has 3: eggs, tree nuts and now sesame seeds. Not even sure if they list sesame on the allergy menu. Contemplating just packing his lunch everyday and bringing it with us

Thanks for all the replies!
They are excellent at accommodating all types of allergies. Mine are dairy & soy. Soy is in everything! I felt completely safe.

I've had a few instances where I forgot to add ours, but I've called the dining line pre-trip and they've added everything. I still talk to everyone (host at check in, server, etc.) when dining even if it is on there.

FWIW- DS is contact ana to milk, plus eggs, sesame, peanuts and tree nuts. If not noted on MDE you can call and add. If you have an allergy not in the top 8 or 4 or more allergens, you can fill out a form with special diets. (send them an e-mail). Then you fill out all your reservations and allergens.

WDW has been amazing for us with allergens and is one of the reason why we are now DVC. Only place that feels like a vacation where we can eat out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter