How would 1/2-1/7 2004 be at WDW

dutton

Mouseketeer
I am trying to decide on some dates for WDW--the only time that I can come up with are these dates. I will only have to take the kids out of school for 2 days. I am do not like the winter and know that there can be cold spells. The kids have off 10/4-10/12 but there aren't any specials for that time and I would like to save up some money before we go. I would appreciate any advice!!

I've gone to WDW the very first week in January for the last 3 years. One year we had record cold one day, I went to AK, and FOTLK cancelled some shows because it was too cold for the performers. I know a couple people even came home early (can't imagine that-it is still WDW!) But there were always a lot of Christmas decorations up and Christmas music everywhere. I even saw the Osborne Lights one year. Saw Christmas tree at WL, AKL, GF, POR, etc. However, if there's something you really want to see, do it right away. I remember going to Epcot the day of check in one year and seeing the big tree and arch-1/2. Two days later I went back and it was down. One year I checked in 1/3 and that was the last night of the Osborne Lights. But it's always been cool, and sometimes downright COLD!

SO is it really likely that the temperature will be cold? I went in January and the temperature was nearly perfect. A couple of days were "light jacket weather" and a couple were "t-shirt or tank top weather." Is this more likely or is the really cold temp. more likely?

We've been living in Florida for 7 years now, and it can get chilly that time of year, especially at night. But it is also possible to luck out and have the temperature be just right, but " ya' buys yer ticket and ya' takes yer chances". It's really kind of a crap shoot, but like posters around the boards say, it's WDW after all!

We've been to WDW New Year's week the last three years and did not wear shorts one day all three years! We were lucky to have days that got to 70 and you could wear a short sleeved shirt. For the most part, it was jeans, sweatshirts and some days coats and gloves. The nights were downright freezing, in the 40's and even upper 30's. We would wear layers and layers of clothes with hats, gloves, scarves, coats, etc. Just be prepared if you go during that timeframe. The crowds start to thin out after the 1st and most of Christmas decorations are still up. We always enjoy going that week, but have not had the greatest weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter