How's Aquarium of the Pacific?

auntyjenn

Dreaming of Disney
If you were to compare Aquarium of the pacific to, say, the Monterey Bay Aquarium would you say it's almost as good, or nowhere near as good? Then, how long will it take to go through, and what else near there should we see? :teacher:

Do you know how far the Monteray Bay aquarium is from Disney Land? Is it near Seaworld? They just added a great white shark to their exhibits today!

the Aquarium of the Pacific is fantastic. very high quality aquarium. similar in quality to Monterey Bay (IMO). Monterey Bay, if I remember correctly, focuses a lot on the ecosystems of Northern California. Aquarium of the Pacific has exhibits for many areas of the pacific. we enjoy both equally. Aquarium of the Pacific is in Long Beach, about a 45 minute drive from Disneyland. Definitely worth the trip. close by is the Queen Mary-which you can tour, and shoreline village which has some good restaurants. I highly recommend it.

Monterey Bay Aquarium is in MOnterey which could be a 6-7 hour drive from Disneyland (it's just south of San Francisco). beautiful drive, MOnterey and Carmel are wonderful. but you'd need 3 days to do it (time to get there, time there and time back). not a day trip.

hope that helps :)

Thank you so much for the info! I'm sending my sister and her family there because they don't want to go to Legoland or Knott's Berry Farm and I don't want them to be disappointed. We were in Monterey for a year and loved that aquarium, so I'm sure this will be good. Also thanks for the boat's name. I couldn't remember it. ;)

How long to visit ?

I will be at a convention on Long Beach and wanted to see it but I'm trying to cram in a bunch of stuff to make the most of my working vacation.

In theory, we would visit late afternoon on a friday in January, right before MLK weekend. I'm guessing crowds shouldn't be that bad then ?

How long does it take to visit the aquarium for 2 adults ?

You can probably finish the aquarium in 1.5 hours, if you don't stop for much and don't take the time to touch some of the sealife. We were there with our kids and it took us about 2 to 2.5 hours. We took the time to touch and ask questions with our kids. We didn't take in any shows though. It is a really nice aquarium.

Do you know how far the Monteray Bay aquarium is from Disney Land? Is it near Seaworld? They just added a great white shark to their exhibits today!

Monterey Bay is 6 hrs north of Anaheim. Monterey is 2 hrs south of San Francisco.

It's been a few years since I've been to Aquarium of the Pacific. It's pretty nice but not worth the price of admission IMO. I would much prefer to drive to San Diego and do Sea World instead. Much better and definitely worth the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter