• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hows this package for early August-Need Help

ajcceo

Earning My Ears
Hi, I am a new board member. I am looking to do my first trip to Disneyland. Been to Disney World 5 times. I am booking late for August 4-8th. I got these package prices through AAA which seem to be the same as through the Disney Website(I guess no special prices for late bookers). 4 nights(2 adults-1 child)(standard view -non park)-Grand 2,074, Disney Hotel 1754, and 1626 for Paridise. Let me know what you guys think if thats the best I can do at this point. Thanks for all the post I have picked up some good tidbits on this board. :earseek:

What are your room view options? What and how many passes are included?

I just don't think there's anyway you can get deals for early August regardless of when you book. Through previous comparisons, I found that AAA deals have been good compared to disneyland.com packages if you are getting a view room, and especially for the GC.

Forgot that info. I will try to see if I save anything on the better views. First glance was probably not.

Your packages appear to be in line with Disneyland.com, and I don't think you'll be able to do much better than that if you stay on-sight. Of course, with the multi-fastpass, this makes the AAA package superior. I think you'll find that a very valuable benefit in August. You might be able to save $$ if you book directly with the hotel using your AAA, and buy you passes separately, but then you'd loose the multi-FastPass benefit. Again, I do recommend that you check into the view room packages; that's where I found notable savings when I booked my early August trip a couple of months ago. Disneyland.com shows view rates roughly an additional $40/night at PP, $50/night at DL, $50/night for GC DTD view, and $75/night for GC park view. AAAs were much less when I got quotes, esp. for GCH.

There's always a possibility that rates will drop as you near your date, but there's a greater possibility that the packages will become unavailable. Book it!

Like someone mentioned, I've have at times found better prices going a la carte. Sometimes it's significant, sometimes its not enough to give up the perks. We had a lower view at PP and it was awesome. I actually perfer PP to the DLH now.

We've also stayed at the Coast and Hilton and had great views (not as good as being next to DDD but still great) for a lot cheaper at certain times of the year. Some may disagree but depending where of course, staying offsite in DL isn't along the same lines as staying offsite in WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter