HRH and IOA and US

Aruba

Earning My Ears
Just returned.. we decided to add 2 days of US/IOA to our already disney booked vacation as a surprise for the children (13-11 & 7) I had already decided that we were not going to do this until the 7 year old was a little older since I think these parks are for the older ones. But with the Heroes Salute program the discounts were to increadible to pass up! We even went as far as booking the HRH for one night so that we could enjoy FOTL. DH was alittle skeptical on all the moving around but once there... well he has already decided that next year we stay ONLY at the HRH and just camp out there! I was so impressed with this hotel. I have stayed at the Portofino last year, but I loved this one. The music was just right... always made be feel "fun". The pool area is wonderful! And thanks to these boards, we just walked out behind the slide and were in US within 5 minutes! DH was impressed by my knowledge of this! The best part was that you can take in US and IOA in small dosages and not wait in lines and jump back to the hotel in the afternoon for a break and then back to the parks. It worked out so great... we really hated to leave and the kids want to go back there and not so much Disney...( I guess they are growing up - :( .

We arrived in Orlando at 3:00 in the afternoon, so we thought we would go and get our tickets at US. * We had to purchase them at the gate due to the Heroe Salute.* so when we got there, we were told by the 2 day and get a 3rd day free.. so we bought and went right in that night. The kids got to see a little that night and we were ready for the next day! We checked out of our hotel and into the HRH at 8:30 am. They were wonderful, no lines and no problem. We had a standard room that allows 5 and since the little one prefers our blow up mattress to hotel cots- I was wondering if the hotel would charge us more...no, they said that was fine. We stored our bags and the hotel gave us temporary keys so that we could access FOTL and off we went. We parked our own car, easy to do and the walk way is right there- but yes it was an additional $6. go figure??? The artifacts everywhere are wonderful! The kids got a big bang out of them. We went to every floor just to check them out! Check out was just as smooth too. By the way, we only had to show one id for FOTL for the entire family. They no longer give a pass for everyone in the family.

Had a wonderful time and will answer any questions... thanks to all of you for helping me impress the DH with my knowledge!

Already planning for next year.. I would love to try the RP but husband wants HRH... it could be worse!

Thanks for the report. We have stayed at the HRH 3 times and love it. We have ressies for the RP for a week in October, I am hoping it wont be a let down.

Patty

Thanks for writing! It sounds like you had a blast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter