HRH and Parking

treasuredude

Earning My Ears
Where exactly fo you park at the HRH? When you get there, do you just drive into the gate and pull up to the hotel or what?

To check in you pull up front, to park it's off to the side. It's gate controlled.

Originally posted by Candace
Is there a fee for parking if you are staying at the HRH? Thanks

Yes, $6.00 for self parking, I think 10 or 12 for valet.

That is a shame that they feel that they need to charge for parking. I feel like since we are already paying $199.00 a night, parking should be included. At most hotels, parking is included.
We have stayed at some hotels that are in the downtown areas of some cities and you have to park in a parking garage, so I understand. Many times if you get your parking ticket punched, the hotel will credit you for it.
Oh well, what is $18.00. We are already spending a whole life's savings just to go to WDW and Universal.
Just kiding!
It will all be worth it!

I sure could buy something else with that $18.00.

I've been thinking alot about this since I'll be there this weekend. The last time I was there(over a yr. ago) the parking fee did not exist. I don't mind paying for valet since it's an extra service being provided, but in my mind self parking should be included in the cost of the room. Guess I just don't understand how they justify charging for it.

I had a long conversation with a LOEWS registration person today on this very subject.I called to find out ,if in deed, the RPR would be the same,and yes,it is.$6.00 to self park in an unsecure lot or $12.oo to valet park in a secure lot.I said why don't they just tack the extra $$ onto my room rate,then I won't feel like this is a bit of a "rip-off".My family and I do a lot of traveling and NEVER have I been charged to park my car.From what I was told,this is the practice at most LOEWS hotels.And yes,if I couldn't afford it,I wouldn't be staying "on-site",but it still bothers me. Thanks for letting me "sound-off"-I feel so much better(LOL)!

I agree that last year there was no parking charge, however, this year, the first couple of times that we left the hotel parking lot, a guard would come out and check our room card. After a few times, he would recognize us and wave us thru. He said that they had some trouble in the past,( didn't say what kind, (maybe theft from cars?) so they have to make sure that only hotel guests have access to the parking lot , anyway, maybe they charge to cover the cost of the gate attendants?
I don't mind paying for the added security these days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter