Hurricane Irma?

Hello-

Heading down tomorrow and wondering if anyone has any thoughts about the tap water situation after Irma? We drink so much water and usually just ask for the cup of ice water, but should I plan on buying water bottles instead?

I also don't know what will be available for bottles, so I'd pack them and bring them in our food suitcase.

Disney should be fine but I'm sure they'll let you know if their under a boil water notice. Further south where the hurricane hit we're all under a boil water notice. It's pretty much standard after a hurricane

Frontier Airlines: I am checked in and have my boarding passes for my 9/13/17, 7:50 AM flight from CLE to MCO. Fingers Crossed.

I am another cle person here. My sister is in the CP and we flew her home for Irma. She is also scheduled to leave tomorrow morning as well. I checked flight aware this morning and saw ALL Cleveland flights were cancelled today to mco. I pray you and her get out tomorrow!

That is awful. :sad2: TWO employees and the owner still can't pay you for a day off?

I'm the bookkeeper and we are a service company so I understand the money side of it. If he isn't working then he isn't billing. If he isn't billing, then money isn't coming in. If money isn't coming in, why pay me? It makes perfect sense to me but I see the side of business that most don't. We have never paid our employees for time off if they didn't have vacation or it wasn't a paid holiday unless they were salaried. I'm salaried so I'll get paid, I just burn one of my vacation days. I get 75% of my vacation paid, 401k match which most small companies wouldn't pay so I'm good. He will probably shut down next year, he is over 70 and getting tired of working, even if he doesn't shut down, I'll go to hourly and working from home, which will mean no paid vacation, no 401K and no insurance and only about 1/4 of the hours I work now. It's just the way of business.

I tried calling Disney reservations to pay for my November booking and it is still only taking emergency calls. It asks to please call back Tuesday, Sept 12th. I guess they are too busy to even change the recording. :confused3

The website won't let me finish paying for our November trip. Is this why you tried calling?

I am another cle person here. My sister is in the CP and we flew her home for Irma. She is also scheduled to leave tomorrow morning as well. I checked flight aware this morning and saw ALL Cleveland flights were cancelled today to mco. I pray you and her get out tomorrow!

why would CLE flights be canceled?

Disney should be fine but I'm sure they'll let you know if their under a boil water notice. Further south where the hurricane hit we're all under a boil water notice. It's pretty much standard after a hurricane
Thank you! I figured as much- just didn't want to get down there and have to scramble to buy water- that would add up quite quick! I may just bring some just in case. I know disney would be on top of testing and letting people know if it wasn't drinkable (&I wasn't sure if they'd already let people know).

They keep talking about A1A....anyone else reflexively think "BEACHFRONT AVENUE"?
Lol! When we were in Ormond/Daytona this summer I said something about driving down A1A and my 9 year old shouted "BEACHFRONT AVENUE!" we burst into laughter after he did that.

I apologize if you already said this, but did you call and have it noted on file that you'd be arriving late? Make sure it is on your reservation somewhere. If Disney doesn't hear from you and you don't show up for two days, they'll assume you're not coming.

This morning I opened up MDE and saw that while our hotel reservation was still visible, our 14-day ultimate tickets were gone. After trying to call the UK helpdesk multiple times with a wait time starting at 2 hours this morning but but slowly decreasing to a more manageable 30 minutes, I finally decided to stay on the line. And although the CM I spoke on the US helpdesk told me she could not really change anything, she actually did leave a note which was visible for the UK CM. :)

I was given two options: Get a room directly when arriving in the middle of the night without any refund or spending the night somewhere else for a €100,- refund. I'v chosen to just get a room on arrival without the refund.

Fingers crossed that none of the three flights we have to take tomorrow will be delayed or cancelled.

The website won't let me finish paying for our November trip. Is this why you tried calling?
I called because it doesn't allow making payment on Room only reservations. Not sure why not. I finally got through on the phone. I would have waited until check-in but I opened a new Visa card for the $100 statement credit and wanted it processed ASAP.

I tried calling Disney reservations to pay for my November booking and it is still only taking emergency calls. It asks to please call back Tuesday, Sept 12th. I guess they are too busy to even change the recording. :confused3

I called DVC Member Services today to cancel tonights lodging since my flight was cancelled and their message said if you aren't traveling within the next 7 days to wait and call them then. It was only an hour wait on hold - I'd expected longer.

I'd wait a week if you can and call Disney Reservations then.

I still need to call Ticket Sales regarding my Halloween Party Ticket for tonight that I'd like to get a refund for. I've already got another ticket for Friday.
I've got my flight booked for 6:15am tomorrow morning at out Atlanta. Hopefully it be just fine.

I also checked with my son again in Statesboro, GA and he said they are all fine. No damage to the house he's renting and they got power back sometime last night.

Last edited:
I called DVC Member Services today to cancel tonights lodging since my flight was cancelled and their message said if you aren't traveling within the next 7 days to wait and call them then. It was only an hour wait on hold - I'd expected longer.

I'd wait a week if you can and call Disney Reservations then.

I still need to call Ticket Sales regarding my Halloween Party Ticket for tonight that I'd like to get a refund for. I've already got another ticket for Friday.
I've got my flight booked for 6:15am tomorrow morning at out Atlanta. Hopefully it be just fine.
They are taking regular calls on the reservation line now. I waited maybe 20 minutes to get thru but I didn't mind. And it was a quick call. I didn't get a payment confirmation email but I see the pending charge on my card in Chase online.

Final update for anyone keeping up with my saga.

Drove in to ATL yesterday morning before the winds got bad. We were just praying our 7:55 delta flight to MCO wouldn't get canceled. Fortunately, everything went fine, and we are now at the AoA preparing for MNSSHP tonight. Thanks for everyone's help and support. Hope plans work out for everybody :)

Does anyone know if Magical Express is operating from MCO to the resorts? I just tried calling and they said the lines were reserved until Sept 14 for people trying to leave the resorts in the next 48 hours. I am scheduled to arrive tomorrow night (fingers crossed that it isn't canceled!), after originally being scheduled on the magical express for today.

If it is running, will I be able to get on it when I arrive, even if I haven't scheduled for my flight?
Magical express is running!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter