Husband has food allergies any suggestions?

rose39466

Earning My Ears
Hi all! My husband has several food allergies (egg and corn products - corn starch, corn syrup, etc.). He needs simple foods like plain meats, potatoes and vegetables. Any suggestions for eating in the MK, Animal K, MGM, EPCOT?

We will be traveling with our daughters High School band group, so we will not have our own transportation.

WDW is very accomodating when it comes to food allergies. They are very happy to offer information on food content, so don't hesitate to ask about ingredients. I think you will be able to find plenty of choices at each park.

I have allergies to all tree nuts, coconut, and scallops, and a growing sensitivity to peanuts and soy (I do eat these last two foods, but try to watch the quantities of them, as they will eventually become full blown allergies.)

A frequent travel companion is allergic to wheat and all wheat products, as well as milk and most dairy products.

We try to avoid dinner buffets (breakfast is usually manageable). We plan out all of our meals, and call the rstaurants in advance in some cases for me, and in all cases for her.

We ask and ask again, we don't rely on servers but speak directly to the chef's.

I've never had a reaction at WDW, she had one, although we think it was a cross contamination issue off a buffet in her case.

As longa s you call in advance they will create some wonderful meals for your husband. If you don't call in advance they will do their best to accomodate, but nothing is promised.

Anne

DD3 has several severe food allergies. When making a PS be sure that they record the allergies. They will give you the phone # to the restaurant. 1 week before you leave, call and speak with a chef. They will make suggestios and accomodate the allergies. I'm sure that the advanced notice helps them. So far I've spoken with a chef at Chef Mickey's. He has been very helpful. I can actually relax this vacation. Also, be sure to mention the allergies upon check-in with the host/hostess. I hope you have a fantastic trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter