• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hyatt Orlando--bad or okay or other?

baileyboy7

Earning My Ears
Hi --
Got the Hyatt Orlando on Irlo Bronson/192 on priceline. Great price of course, but saw several negative reviews of the property on biddingfortravel.com.

Can anyone here can tell me anything else about the hotel (good or bad)? Also seeking suggestions on room location, etc?

Thanks.

We stayed there in February (also through Priceline). The check in area was impressive - large chandeliers etc). There are a few restaurants in that complex, although we didn't use them. There is a "market" where you can buy snacks, subs, drinks, coffee, etc. There was also a small beauty salon and beach wear store. The rooms were clean. My complain there is that there were no lounge chairs on the balcony so sitting outside at night wasn't really an option. The buildings are " clustered". I think each cluster has a pool (small) a kiddie pool (smaller). I think there is one playground for the entire complex. It was old. There was also a hottub. Which was nice to relax in at night. If you have any questions I will try to answer them. February seems like such a long time ago...

Thanks for the reply. We just returned from our stay here. I can now answer my own question, and hopefully squelch concerns others may have.

There were a few minor irritations, but nothing that ruined the overall experience. We paid just $30/night on Priceline, so can't complain anyway.

The negatives: The mattresses were too hard for us, the walls were very thin so voices and TV sound traveled easily room to room, and the room A/C was very noisy. All minor--none of it enough to keep us awake.

Otherwise, we found absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel, the service, or the room. And it is very well located at I-4 and 192, under 2 miles from the WDW gates.

The lobby is large and beautiful, with a few restaurants, a bar, beauty shop, clothing shop, business center, a video arcade, etc., none of which we used. Prices in restaurants were typical hotel prices. Did look around the food shop, and it had a beautiful selection of cheeses, sandwiches and such. Grounds were lovely with lush vegetation, and looked very well kept. Pool areas also were well kept, and quite underutilized; we only saw anyone by a pool one time. The hotel wasn't anywhere near full--lots of parking, etc., but there were a few conferences at the on-site conference center.

Check-in was quick and pleasant, and staff throughout were accommodating. We requested one of the renovated rooms, preferably a king smoking. It was just noon, and only a double was available that early, so we took it. One of the beds was hard as a church pew--no give at all. The other bed was a church pew on bad shocks; if someone moved an arm in their sleep, the entire bed shook. And the A/C was loud, and the neighbors a bit as well. But we still slept, and for two nights at the price we paid, it was fine.

Other than that, the room was very comfortable and clean. It had all the basics, including extra pillows, shampoo, conditioner, decent soap, lots of towels, ironing board, coffee maker w/the usual insufficient fixings. Though we never used the pool or hot tub, we checked the tub, and the water was very hot. Pools were said to be heated to 80 F, but the two we checked didn't feel that warm. (One of the realities of visiting Orlando you may appreciate: we run non-stop and never find time to use hotel amenities. More justification to us for staying cheap and off-site. ;-))

True there are not chairs on the balconies. A strange trend if you ask me.

Anyway, sorry this is so long. The hotel is fine. Do not worry if you bid priceline and get it. But I do not think the property renovation is done--do ask for a renovated room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter