HydroGuy's Disneyland Trip (Tokyo DL , that is)

DisneySea. What can I say? This park is spectacular. The details and theming are amazing. We had a great day yesterday. Here were some highlights...

Journey to the Center of the Earth (twice)
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (twice)
Indiana Jones (3 times)
Tower of Terror (once)
Storm Rider
Raging Spirits
Sinbad
Mermaid Lagoon (very good)
Mythica show
Harborside Christmas show

Plus more. Lots of pix. Will post more when I get home later this week.

DisneySea. What can I say? This park is spectacular. The details and theming are amazing. We had a great day yesterday. Here were some highlights...

Journey to the Center of the Earth (twice)
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (twice)
Indiana Jones (3 times)
Tower of Terror (once)
Storm Rider
Raging Spirits
Sinbad
Mermaid Lagoon (very good)
Mythica show
Harborside Christmas show

Plus more. Lots of pix. Will post more when I get home later this week.

Trey, I'm so excited to hear more and see your pix. They may be the closest I ever get to DisneySea. :goodvibes

That's great you are able to go to Tokyo and China. I think it's especially nice that you're able to do it with your son. Our DS is 13 as well and the couple times we've traveled with JUST him (he is eldest of 4) have been great experiences. It's so hard to get one-on-one time with four kids around.

Looking forward to the trip report when you're back and un-jet-lagged.

PHXscuba

OMG I can't wait to see pictures and read a full report! I have heard somuch about TDS and TDL and it's one of my must dos -- sometime in the future of course!

I would LOVE to check out Disneysea one day.

How long was the flight overseas?

obviously not Trey, but I think from LAX to Narita is 11 hours.
We flew from SF to Beijing and the flight took 12 hours but was scheduled as 13 - we arrived one hour early. We took a 3 hour flight from Beijing to Tokyo on Sunday and later today we have an 8 hour flight (scheduled) back from Narita (Tokyo) to SF. Then we clear customs, etc., a 3 hour layover, and then back to beautiful Colorado and an appointment with my bed. :)

It is Wed morning 6AM and we have about 3 hours at the parks today before catching the bus to the airport. Yesterday was Tokyo Disneyland. I will report give some details after I get home but in summary our TDL day was not nearly as good as our TDS day. It was a weekday after a holiday and the crowds were supposed to be more moderate. But they were insane. All the big rides had 2-3 hour lines. We used FP and burned one on a new but lame Monsters Inc ride that had lines 3 hours long. We got on 12-14 rides. The TDS park itself is absolutely beautiful. Stunning.

It is hard to get over hearing Mickey Mouse and and Donald Duck talking in their distinct voices but in Japanese! :laughing: How about Ariel's friend Sebastien the crab with his Jamaican accent on top of Japanese words? :laughing::laughing::laughing:. Their Dream Lights parade is a super sized Electrical Parade. We saw it last night from the hub. I have to say it tops both DEP and SpectroMagic. Very updated, high energy, spectacular.

We debated using the 3 hours this morning at TDL because we were not able to get very much done yesterday but it turns out we squeezed in a lot in the final 2 hours last night to kind of salvage an otherwise semi-disappointing day and so we are going to go back to TDS today to catch ToT and a couple others. ToT is built around the Shiriki Utundu idol (different story from DLR and WDW) and is quite good. There is a really cool illusion at ToT in the pre-show and we want to see it again and figure out how they do it.

Well, off now to shower and pack the suitcases before we head out for the morning. :goodvibes

13 hours on a plane? UGH. I would like to see that resort though. Can't even imagine visiting it.

Can't wait to see and hear your full reactions to everthing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter