• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I am so excited

cometzero

Earning My Ears
I just learned of this board a few days ago and have learned so much, thank you everyone for all your help.
the main reason I am so happy rightnow, besides of course the fact that one week from now I will be in FLA, is from these boards I learned about the illumination cruise, and was lucky enough to find a family that will share theirs and it even is a BDay cruise, they only have room for 3 o I will stay back, but will be just as happy watching Justin's face as he sails off. I'm not telling the kids until we are walking to meet the boat. Justin would never of had this experience on his wish trip If it wasn't for the great people here, Lyn www.caringbridge.org/nj/justinw

Welcom to the disAbilities board. I hope Justin enjoys the cruise.
Have a great time Disney!

cometzero said:
I just learned of this board a few days ago and have learned so much, thank you everyone for all your help.
the main reason I am so happy rightnow, besides of course the fact that one week from now I will be in FLA, is from these boards I learned about the illumination cruise, and was lucky enough to find a family that will share theirs and it even is a BDay cruise, they only have room for 3 o I will stay back, but will be just as happy watching Justin's face as he sails off. I'm not telling the kids until we are walking to meet the boat. Justin would never of had this experience on his wish trip If it wasn't for the great people here, Lyn www.caringbridge.org/nj/justinw

I didn't find out about these boards until after my dd's MAW trip last yr, but learned about another Disney-related message boards about 4 months before dd's wish trip. And learned on those boards about the Wishes fireworks at MK.
Because of the info on the message boards,my dd was able to ask her Wish granter for an alternative resort, on-site resort,so we can see the Wishes fireworks each night from our resort room.
To this day,I still cry about our special Wish trip,seeing the Wishes fireworks each night, and what the MAW volunteers were able to do for dd to make our wish trip special.

Have a great wish trip and Justin will enjoy the illuminations cruise!

Rosemarie :flower:

I got an email from the family that got the Illumination Cruise today, she was emailing the other couple telling then where and when to meet ect and who they would be sharing the cruise w/ I feel bad, but am so grateful the other lady wrote back and said her and her husband have done the cruise before and he favorite part was watching her children and there was no way she was going to let me stay back so asked for her and her DH to be taken off and let me, go, even as I am writing this, I am tearing again at the kindness of strangers, I don't know who the woman is, she is a DIS member and mabe it is better I don't that way I will alwasy be grateful to every person here, since it might be them
another kindness granted us, was I was hearing about the hidden Mickeys on these boards and it seemed like a perfect thing for 2 17 year olds to do so was doing a search for a list and came upon the site of the Hidden Mickey book, I emailed the author and asked what stores carried it so I could buy it before we get there and the boys could read it on the plane, and since it was a few day before our trip, I was afraid to order it online so if we didn't get it here what stores in orlando carry it? well yesterday I went to a few book stores and they didn'thave it, but when I got home I had an email from the author that he overnighted the book to Justin as a gift from him. it just came :)(interestingly the author is also an er doc)
well this time tomorrow we will be 1/2 way to FLA. it is so exciting, Lyn www.caringbridge.org/nj/justinw

cometzero said:
I got an email from the family that got the Illumination Cruise today, she was emailing the other couple telling then where and when to meet ect and who they would be sharing the cruise w/ I feel bad, but am so grateful the other lady wrote back and said her and her husband have done the cruise before and he favorite part was watching her children and there was no way she was going to let me stay back so asked for her and her DH to be taken off and let me, go, even as I am writing this, I am tearing again at the kindness of strangers, I don't know who the woman is, she is a DIS member and mabe it is better I don't that way I will alwasy be grateful to every person here, since it might be them
another kindness granted us, was I was hearing about the hidden Mickeys on these boards and it seemed like a perfect thing for 2 17 year olds to do so was doing a search for a list and came upon the site of the Hidden Mickey book, I emailed the author and asked what stores carried it so I could buy it before we get there and the boys could read it on the plane, and since it was a few day before our trip, I was afraid to order it online so if we didn't get it here what stores in orlando carry it? well yesterday I went to a few book stores and they didn'thave it, but when I got home I had an email from the author that he overnighted the book to Justin as a gift from him. it just came :)(interestingly the author is also an er doc)
well this time tomorrow we will be 1/2 way to FLA. it is so exciting, Lyn www.caringbridge.org/nj/justinw

How exciting for you and your family.
Wishing you and your family even more pixie dust. :wizard:
My you have a wonderful and memorable vaction!

happens when you least expect it:)

Have a wonderful vacation :goodvibes :goodvibes

:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter