I am usually an easy going person but WDW Travel is making me see red....

Maleficent2

DIS Veteran
Is anyone else experiencing problems with them?!?!?

After the 8th phone call I think we finally have everything right but that remains to be seen when we finally arrive! Or when I get the next update version of our ressie from them!

I am fuming.

Here is the short version...

I made Ressie for our trip in Oct. for My family and my Sisters told them we needed two ressie so we could each handle our own.
At the end of the reservation process the CM gave me one Ressie #.Ask why they was not two "Oh you wanted two separate reservations?" Duh

She then proceeded to tell me that it would be ok that we could each pay separately...

Call to make Deposit on room..find out
1. We only have one room booked for all of us well my confirmation plainly says 2 non smoking King rooms

2. We have multis of this botched ressie and if we do not cancel one we will lose both(found this out because CM disconnected me and had to call back he left a message with our service since I was on the line with WDW Travel after the disconnect)only two CM's have been able to find this mysterious 2nd ressie for the one room.

3. we can not make separate payments...ask to separate into 2 separate reservations...after long wait she comes back and tells me all is taken care of. I ask can I have the new reservation number. CM says I just left them as one. I give up! my sister calls she finally gets them to separated.

Now I am worried that when we arrive we will not have a King room (although we have paid for one)this has happened to us befor at the old Dixie Landings.

Ok rant over. Whew I feel alittle better but still concerned.

Mal

PS this was the condensed version of events

You're right - reservation call centers can be maddening! Hope everything is straightened out and you have a wonderful trip! :)

I will not let WDWT keep me from a Magicial Disney vacation but with a company this big and afterall this is their business you think things could run alittle smoother. LOL

Mal

;)

I think they must have hired a WHOLE bunch of new people. You're easy going- it's just hard to go easy when folks don't know their job very well.....here's my experience yesterday....

Called to find out how much $$$ extra it would be to upgrade to 1. Concierge OR OR OR 2.add Silver plan

Dear Travel Rep spoke very poor english- she kept calling Concierge- Continental- "Do you try Lagoon View Continental?" I said, "No, our room is garden view I would just like to see how much extra it would be to switch to Concierge or add the Silver Plan" (Background- I KNOW what Concierge offers and how Silver plan works- I just want prices)- Well, I was too polite and she started in on ALL the offerings of Concierge and Silver Plan- I tried to interrupt and say "Yah, yah, I know all that." But she must have been reading from a script out of her handbook and could not hear me- this took 8 minutes!! (At my cost) I said, "please, could you just tell me how much it would cost." She then said, "I must check to see if Continental room is available." In between all this she kept trying to sell me on La Nouba- Cirque Du Soleil. UGH! Anywhoo- the phone call took 23 minutes!! She finally gave me prices for Lagoon Concierge (Continental) with the Silver plan added on. I said I either want Concierge OR Silver Plan not both. She had no clue how to separate them out- I had to walk her through asking her just for the Concierge price of the Lagoon - which still did not help me because I asked her to check on Garden View and I'm sure Lagoon view is more $$$- but after all that I was able to figure out adding the Silver Plan would be over $2000- if anyone knows for sure let me know! I just gave up and had seriously thought of ending the phone call by saying, "Oh, someone's at the door." But I'm not good at faking, and I figured this would give her practice so next time she might actually be able to help someone.

Tara

Hi there fellow Tennessean!

Glad to know it is not only me finding them difficult at best to deal with.
Several CM's have been very helpful others are a waste of space.

Let's see if I can help with your Silver Plan questions...

$68 per Adult, per night
$68 per Junior (ages 10-17), per night
$55 per Child (ages 3-9), per night (thanks Cory for info)

plus a $75 discount if you are a DC member and add the silver plan.

Links:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wa...ns/vacationpackageindex?id=PK2003SilverPlanVP

Mal,

I've had both very good and very unpleasant experiences with WDTC - once I had a CM who was so confused and unhelpful I told him to cancel everything and called back to try again (it worked; CM Roma was great!)

So hang in there. Also, kudos to you for keeping a positive attitude; it's tough sometimes, but it's for the best overall.

Finally, thanks for a smile this morning: I saw the beginning of your post title (I am usually an easy going person) and then saw your screen name (Maleficent2) and chuckled. Kind of like Cruella DeVil posting "I usually like puppies...."

Erick

Maleficent2, I feel your pain. I was so upset with WDTC this week that I had to PM a fellow Dis'er just so I could vent. ARGGGGGG!!!!!!

I hope you have a *magical* vacation. :D

you are right Roma is great I talked with her this morning too bad we can not just ask for the CM we want to deal with by name!

Maybe I should change my title to seeeing purple and black would be more fitting.

Mal is only my alter ego you do know that LOL

Mal

I feel your pain! My experience wasn't so bad but I tried making my reservation Sunday and the woman kept putting me on hold everytime I asked a question. (and she could not deal with booking 2 ressies either). She eventually lost my call after 20 mins on the phone -argh! So I call back and the 2nd person tells me different things and I ask a question and SHE has to put me on hold. I gave up and booked the dang thing on the internet. They are TERRIBLE!!!! I cannot believe disney would hire either such incompetent people or not train them...or both! It would be better if I was calling on their nickel (like an 800 number) but I had to pay for these calls. I've never had this experience talking to the CRO.

I hope you get it worked out!

My brother made a resies for a land/sea package. My family decided we would go along also. We just emailed Michelle @ Dreams Unlimited (my brothers TA) & she took care of everything. At our hotel stay, our rooms were right accross the hall from each other & same for the boat, right accross the hall. We each paid on our accounts seperately & everything turned out great! Good Luck with your trip planning!

Hi, I have a little problem right now too.... I changed all my reservations around when the FTP came out.. and then a Canadian at Par code came out for Canadian residents..

I was quote 744.06 for 3 nights at AKL... but yesterday when I went to pay for it - the rate was mysteriously 920.00. The CM was very snide and basically did not beleive me... made me feel like I was trying to get away with something... told me there was no such rate.. etc...

Anyway, I am fine with the 920.00 rate - whatever... but if I get a confirmation inthe mail that says 744.06.. he better watch out :D

I really did not like the way he spoke to me...

>>^..^<<

Mal, just posting to let you know that not everyone from Chattanooga gets bad CM service from WDTC. :D I've called 3 times about the FTP - once to get prices, once to book and once to pay deposit (wanted to wait until after my credit card closing date to be able to keep my money for one more month). :smooth:

Anyway, I got good service all 3 calls. I hope this is foreshadowing how well my Oct trip will go. Maybe I'll get all of the room requests I made. I also have 2 separate ressies booked under my name due to other family members going with us that require a separate room. I received 2 confirmation letters and everything was correct in their computer system when I made the deposit.

Hi! I called a few months back with a very simple reservation request - 1 night All Star Music, then 2 nights GF Garden View, room only for both ressies. I was on the phone for 45 minutes, of course on our dime! My husband was pretty angry when I FINALLY got off the phone. The CM kept putting me on hold, and re-doing things, and would go to a different screen and lose my credit card info! Grrr... To be fair, he was friendly, but 45 mins is way too long for a simple room-only reservation!
Cheers!
Heather W

I can sum them up in 2 words: They Suck

I have never had to double - triple - and quadruple check a simple, straight forward reservation before at anytime for any destination. And they do it in the worst way, they blow smoke.........they tell you everything is taken care of after being on hold for a very, very long time----- but SURPRISE! Please check your reservations, then call back 2 days later to confirm, then call them prior to departure to confirm again!

I think WDW is trying to save $$ by hiring the un-hirable.

Im knocking on wood! because I have never had a problem with a reservation. But I have worked in a call center before. The CM's that keep putting you on hold are either in training or have just gotten out of training and have to keep asking questions to their co-works or boss. If this would happen to me I would either ask to talk to another CM or their super. Or do the next best thing....hang up and call again....the odds that you get the same CM is very very slim. Sometimes it is just best to jump over the road blocks...:D

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

I have never had a problem with CRO it is WDWTC that is the problem they only seem to have a very few capable CM's.

I was having that on hold problem so that must be the stem of all my trouble either in training or new CM's...

Keeping my fingers crossed it will all be ok in the end.

Mal

Now this just makes me so glad I used DU for my reservation. Honestly, I have chopped and changed and added to my ressie so many times and Beth has done it all for me quickly and efficiently.

This doesn't surprise me- last August we had planned to stay one night at GF and one at AKL. We loved the GF so much that we asked if we could stay an extra night at the code rate we had booked back in June.

Irin at concierge was super helpful, but ended up spending the better part of an hour on the phone trying to sort it out (we were sitting right there in front of her as she was passed from person to person and phoned lots of different numbers). First she got approval for the rate, then she got availability at the GF, then she tried to switch our ressie from the AKL, which they couldn't find, then all availability was gone :( .
If that's what happens when CM's (who have a phone directory in front of them, and know exactly who to call) try to switch things around, I can only imagine what the permutations are for us mere mortals;) .

Anyway, hope you get all straightened out- if not can I second the other posters sentiments that you contact a DU agent to help you out (no charge!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter