"I can do more than I think"-My story to be fit for life, not just Disney.

YAY on the tax return, owing $16 is much better than $88! Plus a big congrats on the two milers--way to go. I know you'll have a big loss come Saturday!

YAY on the tax return, owing $16 is much better than $88! Plus a big congrats on the two milers--way to go. I know you'll have a big loss come Saturday!

Thanks princesslvr!! It was such a relief to find out I didn't owe as much. And most of the difference went to my upcoming trip!! But I'm struggling with something that's making me lose sleep, and I need some advice from people who are reading this.

I am thinking about cancelling my gym membership. I know, it's the most counter-intuitive thing I can do after I've made a goal like this, but I just don't think I can afford it anymore. I only work part-time, and a big portion of my money goes to bills. So the additional $30 a month can really help out. Am I crazy? I mean, I don't really even go as often as I should, so it seems like it's just a waste. But I'm trying to lose weight, and it makes no sense to me to cancel it. But all the things I do at the gym are things I could do at home. It's toning exersices and cardio, and I can do it in a slightly more comfortable environment than my current gym.

Don't get me wrong, I do like my gym: it's an Anytime Fitness and it really is a good gym. But there are a lot of male members and I just don't feel as comfortable as I could, and I think that's one of the reasons I just don't go as much as I should.

What does everyone think? :confused3

do you have a safe place to walk/run? If so then you could cancel your gym membership, even if its just for spring/summer and walk/run, then in the Fall you could join back up if your finances would allow. Will you have to pay a penalty if you cancel the contract now?

Hope you have a great Easter weekend! We (DD, Dh and I) did the March Of Dimes--March For Babies this morning.

do you have a safe place to walk/run? If so then you could cancel your gym membership, even if its just for spring/summer and walk/run, then in the Fall you could join back up if your finances would allow. Will you have to pay a penalty if you cancel the contract now?

Hope you have a great Easter weekend! We (DD, Dh and I) did the March Of Dimes--March For Babies this morning.

How did MoD go?! I did that a few years ago and it was so fun, I should look at doing it again soon.

Well, good news: I was able to freeze my membership for 60 days without penalty :) That saves me about $60 and gives me about two months of breathing room, whew! And I did something pretty silly when I got home last night-- I got a pair of glittery Little Mermaid shoelaces with an Ariel charm on them, and so I put them on my running shoes. They kinda match too!! It will serve two purposes, the way I see it. The first is it will act as a reminder to run with the most awesome laces ever (duh!) and it will also act as a goal of sorts. I want to actually look like Ariel, so if I put her on my shoes it will push me to go running.

But for some reason...I forgot to weigh myself AGAIN this morning. I'm just gonna change my weigh-in day, lol. I just get out of routine on Friday nights and then sleep in on Saturday. And by the time I get up, so is everyone else and I get distracted. But no more excuses!! I weigh in tomorrow and will report to you guys at once! *salutes*

Ick. I feel so yucky and I can't take it anymore.

I am up to 193.75 lbs because I didn't track my weight last week. I also haven't been tracking my food for the last few days, and it takes very little time for me to go back up after being down weight-wise. It's very much a bummer. I know I can do so much better than what I'm doing now. So after almost a month of no success, I'm starting over.

I'm going to restart my ticker, and refresh my thinking and my food intake journal. I'm going to change my diet around totally, and it started this morning. After a 1-mile run, I had a VERY tasty egg-white omlet with some mushrooms and about an ounce of cheddar cheese with some coffee and toast. It was actually really tasty! I have to figure out the calories, but it must be a low number, haha :)

I was also just watching Dr. Oz, and got some fun info some of you might like: pistachios and pesto sauce help fight Muffin Top! So I think pistachios are going on my shopping list :thumbsup2

So today marks a new beginning. My ticker will start over, my attitudes will change, and I will follow. Here we go!!!

So I started my garden today!!! I am so excited!! I planted tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, and sweet red peppers. And a strawberry plant, just to see what happens :) I'm so excited! I'll have fresh produce literally at my fingertips, and it's really gonna keep me in check eating more veggies and using them while I cook. I've been pretty good with eating today and yesterday, and while I didn't go for a run this morning, I did a lot of upper body clearing out the garden plot and lifting and pulling, and a TON of squats. So I'm a little sore all over. I'm trying new recipes too. Tonight I made one up on the fly: sauteed chicken w/ onions and Old Bay seasoning with some penne pasta. So yummy! I'll have to keep trying stuff, and I'll share it with you guys :)

Hmm...I'm getting nervous about my weigh-in tomorrow morning. I've been pretty good this week (I could have been better, I can't lie) but I still get nervous when it comes time to show what I've done. I always feel like I will come up short. But I'm going to think positively that I've lost a little bit...at least enough to move my new ticker.

It's been a wild week around here too. Next week I fear it might get worse though. My DDad is going out of town, and when he's not here, my DM always just wants to eat out/order in and make pizza. And then Tuesday we're going to a breakfast thing- one of the local news stations is doing a live spot at the racetrack in Concord as part of the promo for American Cancer Society. And we got invited! And my DM was asked to speak on camera too!! So this will be fun and exciting, fersure :)

It's been such a tiring week. I got up really early Friday to watch The Royal Wedding (beautiful!!) and haven't quite caught up on all my sleep yet. And tomorrow I have to be up early for work. But that's nothing new :upsidedow

All right....wish me luck tomorrow morning!!!!

It's been crazy around here and I haven't gotten a chance to keep up :) Hope your weigh in went well on Saturday! I think I've gained and lost the same 5lbs twice now, lol.

It's been crazy around here and I haven't gotten a chance to keep up :) Hope your weigh in went well on Saturday! I think I've gained and lost the same 5lbs twice now, lol.

Things were crazy for me too, lol! It was my sister's birthday weekend, the Royal Wedding (yes, I got up before dawn to watch:goodvibes) and then I overslept Sunday morning and was late for work :scared1:!! It was madness, to say the least. Hopefully soon you'll bust through your plateau!

Whooo!!! I lost a pound!!!! :woohoo::dance3:

Okay, I know it's just a pound, but I'll take anything I can get at this point, lol. I am happy with my weight loss, and I think it can only go up from here. I didn't make too much time for physical activity last week, so I think that's what stopped me from losing more. This week, that all changes. I went for a 20 minute walk/run, and I feel great! I can't wait to get up and do it again tomorrow :)

And!! I got a call this morning about an interview for a job that I (kinda) want! I say kinda because it's not really what I want to do, which is be a CNA (long-term goal is nurse). But the position is for an ansthesia assistant in the same department as I where I want to work anyway, haha. The hope is this will segue into the position I actually want, but in the meantime it will be fun to learn all that I can about this current position. So, fingers crossed!!

This week, the goal is three pounds, with at least twenty minutes of activity every day, and no fast food. I don't eat too much of it anyway anymore, but sometimes I catch myself heading to a drive-thru mindlessly--not anymore!! I'll be saving all my fast-food calories for Dole Whips and Mickey Bars for September!!

Way to go on the loss! It all adds up :) CONGRATS on the job interview:cool1:

I've been lazy, yes I said Lazy. So I have no one to blame but myself. I've been busy with DD and her school, only 26 days left and she'll graduate from kindergarten:goodvibes So I'm hoping that I can get my routine going again, routine equals weight loss for me, so that's the plan. I also started a PTR, haven't got a link in my siggie yet for it, lol. But I'm working on it :)

What an AWESOME journal!!! I got so excited reading this that I feel like exercising NOW! LOL that's not exactly possible, but whew am I glad to have you ladies as my buddies! I'm feeling the motivation! Now let's see if we can carry that on to tomorrow for my first walk! It's sad to be so excited about getting out of this bed and taking a walk around my neighborhood, but I am! I can't wait to get out of this bed!

Congrats BIG TIME on the interview! I'll cross fingers, toes, AND eyes for you! It sounds like a good job and hopefully it will let you get your foot in the door! Cha-Ching!!! =D

Way to go on the loss! It all adds up :) CONGRATS on the job interview:cool1:

I've been lazy, yes I said Lazy. So I have no one to blame but myself. I've been busy with DD and her school, only 26 days left and she'll graduate from kindergarten:goodvibes So I'm hoping that I can get my routine going again, routine equals weight loss for me, so that's the plan. I also started a PTR, haven't got a link in my siggie yet for it, lol. But I'm working on it :)

Thanks!! The interview went really well, so now all I can do is just wait for the call to come in. I really hope I get it!!

We all have lazy days, lol. At least you have a good excuse, I don't have any kids graduating from kindergarden, lol. But how proud you must be of her! She'll be so cute crossing that stage in a little moartar board :goodvibes
Only a few more days til you can get back into your routine! Let me know how it goes! :)

What an AWESOME journal!!! I got so excited reading this that I feel like exercising NOW! LOL that's not exactly possible, but whew am I glad to have you ladies as my buddies! I'm feeling the motivation! Now let's see if we can carry that on to tomorrow for my first walk! It's sad to be so excited about getting out of this bed and taking a walk around my neighborhood, but I am! I can't wait to get out of this bed!

Congrats BIG TIME on the interview! I'll cross fingers, toes, AND eyes for you! It sounds like a good job and hopefully it will let you get your foot in the door! Cha-Ching!!! =D

Yay, another reader!!! How did your walk go?! Don't feel bad about being excited to go be active, that's a great thing to be excited about :cool1: I really look forward to my walks every day, I'm starting to think I should be doing two...and I think I might!

I am so impatient about this job, I want to know NOW! The interview went awesome and it sounds like something I really would like to do. I would be working with nurse anesthesists (I have no idea how to spell that) and anesthesiologists too. There really is a lot to learn and I hope I get the chance to do it!! Plus the money is way better than what I'm doing now. What I make doing what I do is really pretty laughable. I'll keep you guys posted as to how it turns out!!

So I am NER-VOUS to weigh in tomorrow. I always get like this the night before, and its not fun :( I just always think about all the stuff I could have done differently to get a better result. But all I can do at this point is do all those things NEXT week to actually get a better result on the scale. I do have some new goals set for myself though and ways to accomplish them:
1)Exercise at LEAST 25 minutes a day- I have no less than three workout DVD's and a two-mile loop in my neighborhood I can walk safely. I really have no excise :-/
2)Eat a healthy breakfast- This is one I sometimes struggle with, because I don't always want to go through the whole process of making something. I often like to just make some coffee and maybe a piece of toast, and that clearly isn't cutting it!
3)Cut my portion sizes down- I have a tendency to overeat at meals and I even know when I'm doing it. It HAS to stop, and it stops this week.

I also just made a new playlist to run with on my iPod. And if this new job goes through (fingers crossed!!) the first present to myself will be the Nike+ training system thingie....I don't know what else to call it, lol! It's this little piece of equipment that you plug into your iPod, and then put another piece in your shoe, and it tracks your miles, speed, calories burned, all that stuff....and it only costs about $30!

Wish me luck tomorrow!!

Okay, it's only Wednesday and I've had quite a banner week :rolleyes:

Monday, I didn't lose anything so I didn't really feel inspired to blog. I kinda felt deflated and icky. I don't like that feeling :(

Yesterday, we found out something awful had happened: my DGM, who is in a hospital in TN, fell out of bed and broke her leg. She fell out of the bed because someone didn't have the common sense to realize that a little old 86-year-old lady who has been bedridden for months can't sit up on her own while you change her sheets. She's supposed to have surgery today, but only if she passes the cardiac assessment test. But it doesn't end there, ladies....
My DM came home from work early because of what happened with my DGM, and sent me to get something for us to eat for lunch. So I go out, and while sitting at a stoplight, I get rear-ended!!!!! Who does this happen to?!

Fortunately in the second situation, no one was hurt, and it was really only cosmetic damage to the car. But needless to say, this is stress that I'm not really enjoying right now. But all I can do is just breathe and pray at this point, lol. Shortly after I found out about my DGM, I started a thread kinda venting/ranting about what happened, and people started verbally attacking me, and "how dare I get all up in arms about this when it was obviously just an accident?" I couldn't believe it- so I won't be going on that board anymore. I'll be hanging out with you ladies that are not heartless...in fact you're quite the opposite! :cutie:

I have been good on my goals so far. Yesterday I fell a few minutes short, so I have to make up for about 10 minutes today. I think I'm gonna follow one of the other posters and weigh myself every couple days...it sounds like that will keep me in line a little bit more :thumbsup2

Hopefully this coming Monday I can update my ticker and move my Donald a little bit further down the way!

ETA: I was able to get in 40 minutes of cardio and pilates before I came into work today, whoo!!

Your doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!

Just checkin' in with you! Hope you're doing well!!

I'm still here! It's been crazy the last couple weeks. I had a death in the family (my grandmother :() But it's okay- she's finally at peace and if anyone earned a free ride to Heaven, it was her! It was really nice to see a lot of the family again, especially some cousins I hadn't seen in years. I am totally guilty of falling off the wagon though- we stayed with my mom's cousin and his wife, and they're just as sweet as they can be. The only downside is the wife is the type of woman who, when you wake up, asks you "How many eggs would you like, and do you take toast with your bacon?" :sad2: And you don't want to be rude and unappreciative, so you just kinda go along with it, lol. But I tried to eat well as I could. I did put on a few pounds though. So I am back to my new habits of eating healthy and working out now that I'm back home.

I went grocery shopping this morning and got something I have never tried before, but have heard it's really good for you- steel-cut oats. I made up a batch this afternoon to have for breakfast the rest of the week, and I'll let everyone know how they are!

One thing that is frustrating is that I wish I could get more into running. I like the way I feel afterwards, but I just can't seem to get excited about it in the morning when I wake up. I set my alarm for 8:45 every morning (I don't work a typical job, haha) in hopes that I'll get up and go for a litte jog, but I can't seem to get motivated to actually DO it. I might just have to drudge through a mile every morning until I like it :laughing: Princsslvr, do you have any tips for me?

It feels so good to be back!

I have the worst time remembering to update this on a regular basis, lol. I haven't forgotten, I promise! I usually remember around midnight (I work second shift) and at that point, the computer I use is inaccessible (read: in my dad's bedroom and he's sleeping, haha) I am gonna have to get on a more regular schedule updating!

I have good thoughts about my progress. I weigh in on Monday, and even though I've slipped a couple times, I haven't used it as an excuse to totally give up like I have in the past. I'm making myself more aware of what I put into my mouth and how it affects my body. I almost have soda cut out of my diet (I do so love a Diet Pepsi!) and I'm working on cutting my portions down to where they should be. It's amazing what counts as a portion compared to what you think a portion is. I've been using my Mickey measuring cups like crazy this week! I do have room for improvement as far as nutrition goes, but I am definitely on my way to the right track!

The area I do think I need a considerable amount of work is my exercise. I don't feel like I do enough to say it "counts". I feel like it doesn't count unless I'm sweating (sorry if that grosses you out! :scared1:) It is definitely something to work on this week. I do have two DVD's I've been using at home that I LOVE :love: I will have to make time every day this week to do 40 minutes. And I'll have to totally eliminate soda-I'm so close!!

I have to force myself to go running, why dodnt you eneter a race so you have someting to aim for, even if it is just a 5k, it helps inspire me.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter