I cant believe it!! I'm going to Discovery Cove! Lots of questions!

Cindy B

<font color=blue>Have taken some furniture polish
And Kelly is to thank for that wonderful excerpt from your book... one read and DH was hooked.

Kelly, your book got me thinking.. Hmmm.. And then I remembered how DH loved snorkeling off the Virgin Islands years ago..

So I presented it to him. And lo and behold in email box, was an electronic postcard saying we are GOING on Sunday August 26... I bet you heard my scream of delight all over the USA!

Now, what should I do camera wise? How about me, a partial swimmer? How deep is the deep portion?

I've never done snorkeling, is it fun?

Tips, tips, tips, please email, and or PM me...

Camera: Pick up a disposable underwater camera before you come. You'll probably pay less that way.

The snorkeling is great at DC. I for one have found that the snorkeling in the Caribbean ain't what it used to be and at DC you can get to see sharks! (Don't worry, they're behind almost invisible glass walls.)

The wet suits they give you are very bouyant so I wouldn't worry. I'm not sure how deep the deepest part is (it would be in the dolphin pool) but, again, you shouldn't have to worry. If youhave any concerns ask for the stiffer plastic vests that are really more like life preservers.

Don't miss the Aviary! DC's best-kept secret.

You can read my entire guide to Discovery Cove at

http://www.TheOtherOrlando.com

Click on "Contents" in the left-hand navigation bar.

The dolphin pool is only 9 feet deep - not as much as I would have thought.

Get at least one underwater camra - but consider getting two - it's just handier to have that kind of camra than worry about taking "topside" pictures with a regualr camera.

Get there at about 8:30am - wear your 'cover-up' clothes over your bathing suit. They will take a complementary picture (not the one on the pass) so you may want to look decent for a nice photo. I would wear the kind of sandels that strap over your feet and around the ankles (the popular style to wear now) as you can wear them into the water. If you have a watch that is SALT water safe than pack that too (you can't wear it in the Dolphin pool, but everywhere else yes)

In a bag pack the following: clothes & shoes to change when the day is done, a book/magazine for relaxing later, a hat for covering up if you choose. Have your cameras in a handy place (you cannot take them into the dolphin pool, but you can everywhere else). You'll need a credit card (or other payment) at check in then bury your wallet away 'cause you won't need it.

Do NOT bring the following as it is provided: sunblock (they have animal safe), shampoo/conditioner, soap, bags for wet things, hair dryers, towels.

We had our Dolphin swim at 9:15 which worked out great since we got our stuff put away (you get a free locker for the day), claimed 2 beach chiars, looked around a little and did our swim (which was Excellent!) then we had all the rest of the day to not worry about the time! We also used "shorty" wet suits even on a mildly hot day 'cause that water is COLD! Plus, you can always switch to a vest if it gets too hot.

If you need to or want to wear glasses - be sure to get the straps for them!!!!! Only if you NEED to wear glasses will you get away without them in the dolphin pool! But get them anyway - just to be safe!

Any other questions?

Enjoy your trip!

Are you required to were a wet suit or vest at all times in the water? Also can you bring your own snorkel, mask, and fins if you have your own?

Yes. You're required to wear that wet suit all the time (when you're in the pool). I am not sure if you can bring in your fin. I sort of remember people bringing their own. But the price includes the snorkel anyways (and you can take it with you).

The snorkel pool is very very deep, so the fish could get away from us people. But since you're wearing your suit, you'll be floating anyways.

And one thing I would bring are those "swim socks". I don't know what they call, it's the plastics shoes that you wear when you're in the beach. I end up buying them there, and it's totally worth the money. Some part of the snorkel pool are kinda rough (the shallow area).

Have fun. I did. :)

You are required to wear at least a swim vest, at all times in the water. You can bring your own mask, snorkel and fins, (no BC's, weight belts, tanks or regulators) but you don't really need to. You get to take the DC snorkel home with you. I kind of wish they would'nt even allow swim fins in the snorkel lagoons. They're not that big and we kept getting whacked in the head by people who wearing fins and could'nt tell where they're feet were. We checked a pair out but never used them. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter