I Can't Believe We Ate the Whole Thing! 15 Nights of DDP with photos...!

Thanks all for the great comments!!! I love love love reading reviews and am so excited to finally get to post my own again.

I altered the size of the photos - before they went across the page and you had to scroll back and forth to read the text. That was driving me crazy, so I made them smaller by using a different photobucket login and now I like them.

A few comments on the TS Kid's meals: DS found lots of choices he enjoyed and was usually able to get any drink he wanted (root beer, "Mickey" cocktails with extra cherries, sprite, chocolate milk). The desserts were almost always fruit cup or ice cream sundae. Ice cream sundaes were the make your own kind, with varying toppings. DS usually ordered those, and enjoyed them very much.

Love your description of the food. I'm sitting here at work thinking in just 207 moredays, we'll be at Cape May. The foods looks really good:thumbsup2

A list of what's to come:

Backlot Express - MGM
Coral Reef - Epcot
Spoodles Breakfast - Boardwalk
Boma - AKL (no photos)
Mara snacks - AKL (no photos)
El Pirata y El Perico - Magic Kingdom
Enchanted Grove - Magic Kingdom
Le Cellier - Epcot
Cool Wash Slushies - Epcot
Yorkshire County Fish Shop - Epcot (no photos)
Spoodles Dinner - Boardwalk
Boardwalk Bakery Treats - Boardwalk
Tusker House - Animal Kingdom
'Ohana - Polynesian
Artist Palette breakfast - Saratoga Springs
Lunching Pad - MK (no photos)
Auntie Gravity's - MK
Frontierland Turkey Leg - MK
Yachtsman Steakhouse - Yacht Club
BC Marketplace breakfast - Beach Club (no photos)
Hurricane Hannahs - Beack Club (no photos)
Coral Reef (2nd) - Epcot
BC Marketplace dinner - Beach Club
Roaring Fork lunch - Wilderness Lodge
Aloha Isle snack - MK (no photos)
Roaring Fork dinner - Wilderness Lodge
Roaring Fork movie snacks - Wilderness Lodge (no photos)
Kona Cafe breakfast - Polynesian
Earl of Sandwich - DTD
Goofy's Candy Co make your own snacks - DTD Marketplace
Whispering Canyon Cafe - Wilderness Lodge
Artist Palette lunch - Saratoga Springs
Le Cellier - Epcot
F&G Mother's Day Brunch - Epcot
Cooke's of Dublin - Pleasure Island
Assortment of snacks - Goofy's Candy Co.
Boardwalk Bakery dinner - Boardwalk
Rosie's All American Cafe - MGM
Catalina Eddie's - MGM
Kona Cafe dinner - Polynesian
Boma breakfast - AKL
Cosmic Rays - MK
Ghiradelli's - DTD
Mara - AKL
Boardwalk Bakery breakfast - Boardwalk

Yikes!!!! I have to keep reminding myself that this was two weeks worth. I did take tons of photos, but there were times I forgot. I'll post my reviews as quickly as I can. Enjoy!!!

The list of places you didn't go might have been smaller. :rotfl:

Holy cow! I would gain at least 10lbs after that!

You'd think so!!! But remember all the blasted walking....;)

Honestly, I could stand to lose about 572 pounds so I am sensitive to gaining weight on a trip. I packed a skirt to wear to the Mother's Day brunch and was stunned to find it fit a wee bit loose when I put it on. I was expecting to gain a lot, but with all the walking, swimming, sharing of CS meals and humidity decreasing our appetites I actually lost 6 pounds on the trip.

And once you see the rest of the photos (which I'll get back to in minutes) you'll see the weight loss was definitely not something I tried to do! :rotfl:

The list of places you didn't go might have been smaller. :rotfl:

HAA!!! I totally agree! And can you believe we spent 9 nights at the Beach Club Villas and NEVER, not ONCE made it to Beaches and Cream?????? :scared1:

The shame will follow us until we make up for it on our next trip. All that divine ice cream we missed out on....my heart breaks...

Thank goodness for the Boardwalk Bakery! :rotfl2:

Breakfast on the 3rd was a healthy combination of powdered sugar and plastic chocolate Entemann's Doughnuts...you know the kind I'm talking about? We used 2 snack credits to get a box of the powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar and plain doughnuts and then a box of chocolate lovers doughnuts. My question for that? What kind of chocolate lovers like those plasticky chocolate doughnuts?

My boys, that who. They love them.

So anyway, after that healthy low cal breakfast, we went to MGM. After the Indiana Jones show we decided to head to the ABC Commissary to get some lunch. On the way, we walked past the Backlot Express and decided, on a whim, to stop there.

DS and I waited at a table while DH grabbed a snack for us to share. It was hot and we weren't hungry (too many doughnuts??) and DS was wired up and not hungry so we decided to share a double cheeseburger, fries, marble cheesecake and a large soda.

BCV5-3-07BacklotExpress.jpg

The toppings bar was good - the basic lettuce, tomato, pickles, mayo, ketchup, mustard, etc. And the meal? Well the burger itself was really good. A fast food burger is a fast food burger and I think the whole "being at WDW" does add in the tasty factor, but this was really good! DH added all the toppings mentioned above (we like messy burgers) and we enjoyed. DS ate most of the fries and we all liked the cheesecake. Nothing special, but a good portion size for a lunch dessert (especially when you split it) and we did like it.

BCV5-3-07BacklotExpressdessert.jpg

But the best part? The large beverage. You may recall that my DH hates any diet drink? And I don't really like sugary drinks. So we usually compromise at WDW and get a large sugar free lemonade. We all like those. But my sweet DH forgot the lemonade was sf and he was in a good loving mood, so he ordered - gasp!!!! - diet coke. :scared1: For me! I love that man!! :love:

I call this photo: "I love my wife enough to drink diet coke"

BCV5-3-07Sdietcoke.jpg

I should add how happy he is that I am posting this photo! :rotfl: I'll have to post another one of him soon so you can all see he is really very handsome. :love: But I couldn't resist.....

A very lovely bonus to this meal? DS was the recipient of some wonderful CM magic. Not YOMD magic, just the kind we all love from WDW. I'll detail more about that in my TR.

I call this photo: "I love my wife enough to drink diet coke"
That's a great one! I'm a Diet Coke girl and DH hates it but a funny story... We were out a place called Zebb's once and I ordered a Diet Pepsi and he ordered a Cherry Pepsi. Our drinks come and he guzzles more than half the glass down. Finally, I take a sip of mine and just about threw up. It was his drink. He had guzzled mine down without even knowing! :lmao:

Everything looks great so far! I can't wait to hear about the rest of the restaurants on your list!!!

How sweet that your DH loves you enough to drink Diet Coke. I'm lucky that me and DH are both diet coke people :thumbsup2 Makes sharing drinks a lot easier :)

Yours is the second positive review of backlot that I've read in as many days - looks as though that's my new CS option for MGM then (getting fed up with Rosie's All American ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter