~I Do Not Want To Go Solo!~

disneyworld!

<font color="87005b">Love, Peace & Mickey.....and
had plans to go with BF....As of 4:22 today, that is no more! I really not sure I want to go solo again! at least this time @ my birthday! what to do...what to do... :guilty:

I've been to WDW 4 times solo (with a 5th trip later this year) and as much fun as I have going with family, I enjoy it just as much going solo. It's like you have so much freedom to do what you want, when you want. Dine where you want. Stay at a park or hop around the parks all you want.

Keep an eye out for either Southwest out of MHT for some great fares to MCO. Also, they have several non-stops a day to and from Orlando.

I think you should go too. Even if solo - wdw is a great place and it will suprise you as to how and when and where you'll find great emotionally uplifting things! :)

GO!!!

It's your birthday. What would rather be doing? Be at work and celebrate it by eating stale cake with your co-workers?

My B-Day is later this week. I'm heading down solo also. What? Stay home because there is no one to go with? NO WAY!!!! I'll be riding a Segway through EPCOT in the morning and drinking my way through the World Showcase in the afternoon.

GO!

I totally agree - GO!! WDW is the best place to forget your troubles. You could meet up with someone from the boards, or just spend time alone. I've had families 'adopt' me for the day at the bus stop, and had a blast playing with their kids at the parks. I've met people in line and hung out with them for awhile. (I even recall an evening at DL when two boys about 10 years old insisted that I ride the Matterhorn and Space Mountain with them about 20 times!!!)

If you want to be alone to think, then so be it. Or if you want to enjoy yourself alone and not think, do that. Or just start up conversations with people.

I have been to WDW during some very troubling personal times, and it was a great place to get my head straight, or just to forget my troubles.

Sending you some pixie dust :wizard:

I KNOW....I will go, because I have 7 days off inbetween semisters in college and I have worked my butt off to get good grades...I need some down time before I go back for my summer session! It bothers me because it cost ME $400 bucks that I lost!............MEN!! :confused3

GET YOURSELF ON THAT PLANE & GO GIRL!!
Have yourself the best B-Day. :bday:
Don't forget to let everyone know it's your Birthday. :cheer2:
Go to Town Hall & wear that B-Day Button. princess:
Have a great time & good luck with your studies. :teacher:

is there someone else you could convince to go with you? who would pass up a disney vacation? if that happened to me i'd probably get my mom to go with me.

Philadisney said:
is there someone else you could convince to go with you? who would pass up a disney vacation? if that happened to me i'd probably get my mom to go with me.
I wish! not one person I know likes Disney! by best friends are all married with kids....they all have activities and work full time...the other half of my friends are guys...and seem to be all losers! ;) the guy that was coming with me...decided to start drinking heavley on the week-ends and I will not tolerate that...so I dumped him yesterday! I have gone thru this off and on for the past 3 years!
enough is enough! not one person in my family likes disney....in fact they have no clue! If I tell them they will freak
oh well..... there lose not mine!

By your ticker, it looks like you will be there in May, when a lot of solos go. Why not check out the solo dining thread and meet up with someone for at least one meal? I've met some great people that way, and if you don't hit it off, it's only a meal together....

Go and enjoy yourself......you will have so much fun.....keep in mind that you can get in the singles lines......no waiting for the rides. You also don't need to worry if the other person is having a good time.

I've been on nine solo trips with the tenth coming up this September.

Have yourself a great Birthday.....if you have any specific questions you
have come to the right spot. Most of us here on the solo sight should be able to handle any of your questions.

disneyworld! said:
I wish! not one person I know likes Disney! by best friends are all married with kids....they all have activities and work full time...the other half of my friends are guys...and seem to be all losers! ;) the guy that was coming with me...decided to start drinking heavley on the week-ends and I will not tolerate that...so I dumped him yesterday! I have gone thru this off and on for the past 3 years!
enough is enough! not one person in my family likes disney....in fact they have no clue! If I tell them they will freak
oh well..... there lose not mine!

I would LOVE to go with you! Will you write a note to my boss to excue my absence??? DH can stay home with the dog! :)

Sorry about the men troubles. Here is a hug~ :grouphug: I still think you should use this trip for yourself. You sound like you need a good dose of relaxation! If I were going during that time frame, you and I would hit up Pleasure Island and have a REALLY nice girls-night out ;)

Definately go and "force" yourself to have a great trip. Here's my tale of woe...

Last year, I had a trip planned for late February, well 4 days before Valentine's day, my boyfriend dumped me. I was planning on going alone already but, now, it felt REALLY REALLY alone. I tried to see if anyone could go with me and no one could. So, I told myself that I would go on the trip, I would be social and outoigng, and most importantly, I would have fun.
That trip was awesome and I had a blast. Yeah there were times when I wished I had someone with me.... For example, waiting at the monorail and seeing this one chick who did a really bad job of applying her self tanner. Very splotch and one side f her hand was bright orange, and the other side was normal. One of those moments that you'll laugh your head off with.... But, outside of that, it was a great experience and glad that I HAD to go alone. By the end of the trip, I was completely over the jerk.

disneyworld! said:
I KNOW....I will go, because I have 7 days off inbetween semisters in college and I have worked my butt off to get good grades...I need some down time before I go back for my summer session! It bothers me because it cost ME $400 bucks that I lost!............MEN!! :confused3

How did you lose $400?

EsmeraldaX said:
How did you lose $400?
I got his airline tix and his tix for Disney...he was going to pay me back before we went..........stupid I know, I promised myself I would never do it again...and I did . that is my own fault!

Did you call & see if you can get the airline to give you a "voucher" for future use? SOme will do that-we did it w/ Airtran-my DH & DS missed their flight & I had to cancel it, it cost $50 but they said we could use the rest for any future flight within a year. Of course if the ticket is in his name it may be a problem, but you never know-sometimes the airlines have a heart. Are the tickets non-expiry? Or have you picked them up yet? I may be way off here, but I think w/ the new MYW tix, as long as you haven't activated them yet (by doing the finger measurement) they don't start yet. I am sure someone here has more info on that & maybe you could post on the tickets board. Just some thoughts to make some of this seem a little better! Here's hoping your trip is still wonderful & maybe that new guy you were meant to find will be at WDW! Deb

disneyworld! said:
I got his airline tix and his tix for Disney...he was going to pay me back before we went..........stupid I know, I promised myself I would never do it again...and I did . that is my own fault!

Is the ticket in his name? I'm almost wondering if you could pursue this in small claims court. $400 is a lot to eat when someone doesn't pay you for something they say they will.

I fly AA....do you know how many times this has been done to me? I hAVe 2 airline tixs with different names on them, and nothing could be done! I am gonna give him time to see if he pays, but I am planning on taking again as a lose! that was some of my speding money for this trip thou!!
If I added all the money that is owend to me....it would be well over 25,000.00 dollars!.........sad...just stupiditiy on my part!

disneyworld! said:
I fly AA....do you know how many times this has been done to me? I hAVe 2 airline tixs with different names on them, and nothing could be done! I am gonna give him time to see if he pays, but I am planning on taking again as a lose! that was some of my speding money for this trip thou!!
If I added all the money that is owend to me....it would be well over 25,000.00 dollars!.........sad...just stupiditiy on my part!

So get the money back. Did he agree to pay it? If so, then he owes you the money. You bought the ticket on good faith he would pay you back.

EsmeraldaX said:
So get the money back. Did he agree to pay it? If so, then he owes you the money. You bought the ticket on good faith he would pay you back.
yes...they all agreed to pay me back......does not mean sqawt!. oh well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter