~I Do Not Want To Go Solo!~

disneyworld! said:
yes...they all agreed to pay me back......does not mean sqawt!. oh well...

I'm serious about the small claims thing. You can usually represent yourself and it may be worth a shot.

A friend of mine had someone who just verbally agreed to do some housepainting for him. He paid her in advance about $250. Small money, sure, but enough that he was furious when almost a year went by with no work done, and no refund. So he took her to small claims, represented himself and now is $250 better off. They sided with him and made her pay him back.

EsmeraldaX said:
I'm serious about the small claims thing. You can usually represent yourself and it may be worth a shot.

A friend of mine had someone who just verbally agreed to do some housepainting for him. He paid her in advance about $250. Small money, sure, but enough that he was furious when almost a year went by with no work done, and no refund. So he took her to small claims, represented himself and now is $250 better off. They sided with him and made her pay him back.
for starters It cost $40 bucks to file...the wait is approx 1 year to get a court date. I have just been through this with my ex BF who took me for $3000 bucks...then I have an ex husband that owes over $20,000 dollars.
then 3 male friends that used cell phones in my name and all owe over $1500 a piece. not to mention one of them helped me move in Nov and dropped all my dishes from Disney.."SPOTS" dishes that I fgot at the opening of the AK and they are not replaceable....they would have been worth $$ someday......It just does not matter annymore...I just cannot do it anymore....not worth takeing them to small claims...I beleive what comes around goes around and someday I will get mine!

sorry...but HERE it is that long due to cases! been there,

My friend waited about 2 months for his court date.

Yes it costs a small fee to file, but it may really be worth it in the long run. I don't know about the dishes, but who knows. :confused3

I don't really like frivalous lawsuits but this doesn't sound frivalous. It sounds like someone who lent money to people in good faith and got screwed because the peole who took the money did not think they'd ever have to pay you back. That's why small claims court exists.

court in Salem Mass is up to a year wait....I HAVE been there everyweek to file for something or other........ trust me....it is that long!

EsmeraldaX said:
Salem MA is where my friend went...
sorry not buying 2 months.......I will lay down 100 bucks to prove it is at Least an 8 month wait as of now!!!!!!!!!!!

disneyworld! said:
sorry not buying 2 months.......I will lay down 100 bucks to prove it is at Least an 8 month wait as of now!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused3 I don't know. When he did this last year, he had a 2 month wait.

I guess, if someone owed me that much $$ and I even had a little bit of proof to go on, I'd fight for it back. :confused3

Go! I just spent two hours out by the Pool at SSR. NO one knows I am here except you guys. It's great!

and it takes about 6 weeks in Boston Municipal for a small claims action...but you may be right on Salem...not my area

EsmeraldaX said:
:confused3 I don't know. When he did this last year, he had a 2 month wait.

I guess, if someone owed me that much $$ and I even had a little bit of proof to go on, I'd fight for it back. :confused3
oh...well, htat was last year!!!! not this year! I filed last April...could not get in till this Dec! this Dec came...got postoned....talked to judge....still no date! I told you...I know! I have cases pending! and yes...I charged his stuff on my card.......does not matter, I will take care of it MY way!

disneyworld! said:
for starters It cost $40 bucks to file...the wait is approx 1 year to get a court date. I have just been through this with my ex BF who took me for $3000 bucks...then I have an ex husband that owes over $20,000 dollars.
then 3 male friends that used cell phones in my name and all owe over $1500 a piece. not to mention one of them helped me move in Nov and dropped all my dishes from Disney.."SPOTS" dishes that I fgot at the opening of the AK and they are not replaceable....they would have been worth $$ someday......It just does not matter annymore...I just cannot do it anymore....not worth takeing them to small claims...I beleive what comes around goes around and someday I will get mine!

A new issue has come up.... It's time for you to take control. MEN are NOT the ansewer and you are being used. Let's see you have one Ex BF who owes you $3,000, one ex wh owes you $20,000 and three "friends" who owe you $1,500 each and now the plane ticket with I assume ex BF number two! Honey, you need to get new friends. I get the feeling that these men see you as a sucker not a friend. Friends don't do this to each other!

Here is my suggestion, one learn the word NO! NO, you won't loan them money REGARDLESS of how pitiful the story sound, NO you won't cosign the cell phone, car note and whatever else you have been doing. Two, swear off men for 6 months.

Really, if people are taking this much advantage of you it is because you are letting them and usually that means your self esteem is the issue. You might want to think about talking to a counselor.

CarolA said:
A new issue has come up.... It's time for you to take control. MEN are NOT the ansewer and you are being used. Let's see you have one Ex BF who owes you $3,000, one ex wh owes you $20,000 and three "friends" who owe you $1,500 each and now the plane ticket with I assume ex BF number two! Honey, you need to get new friends. I get the feeling that these men see you as a sucker not a friend. Friends don't do this to each other!

Here is my suggestion, one learn the word NO! NO, you won't loan them money REGARDLESS of how pitiful the story sound, NO you won't cosign the cell phone, car note and whatever else you have been doing. Two, swear off men for 6 months.

Really, if people are taking this much advantage of you it is because you are letting them and usually that means your self esteem is the issue. You might want to think about talking to a counselor.

yes Carol...I know this. but it is not really the way it sounds...3000 froim an ex BF, we had a trip planned togher and we broke up...there went that..
the cell phones are friends, well...no more. I DO HAVE ONE THAT IS MAKING PAYMENTS TO ME.sorry abouty caps. I trust to much...and yes, had self esteem issues...no more thou, I have put my foot down. so I really do not want to aIR MY CRAP HERE...sorry about caps again...laptop!
it is beening deault with...thanxs

When you go to Disney for your birthday be sure and stop by Guest Services in Epcot or Magic Kingdom. You can get a birthday pin there and wear it all day. That way you will have a large number of people wishing you a happy birthday all dayllong! You can get a reservation someplace special by yourself and really have everyone talking to you. Believe me, spending a birthday at the happiest place on earth is wonderful and if you have one of the birthday pins everyone will wish you happy birthday. I had so much more attention by myself on my birthday than I did when I am with others! (Spent last birthday at the parks, I was up there with my daughter but she was there on business, so I had most of the day and part of the night by myself....had a great time and a whole bunch of attention!) Would do it again in a heartbeat....

I think this vacation may be just what you need. Take the time to relax by the pool and order gobs of fatty room service! As for the boy's I've done the whole go on vacation with a BF thing and I was incredibly stressed that we would break up before it was time to go (which would hagve been bad b/c i laid out $500 for airline and we were going to be staying at his house). Luckily we broke up two days after we got back. And I put our new years hotel (for all my friends) on my credit card and someone didnt pay me back. So that also sucks. I feel your pain. I too would rather cut my losses sometimes. And that is your choice to do.

Just keep saying NO! LOL! I think some of your friends see you as an "easy mark"

Have a great time.

One of the things I have learned is that I would muchh rather go by myself then have a miserable trip with someone I don't like or someone who is just plain negative!

CarolA said:
One of the things I have learned is that I would muchh rather go by myself then have a miserable trip with someone I don't like or someone who is just plain negative!

I totally agree!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter