I feel like Sleeping Beauty

PlutoIsTheBest

Earning My Ears
Greetings fellow Disney fans!

I was a hard-core WDW nerd from 2009 to 2012. Listened to multiple podcasts regularly, and one or two religiously. Bought and read Disney guidebooks for fun, even when I didn't have a trip planned. Went to Disney whenever I could (and I was a single adult with a flexible job, so that added up.) Went to meet ups. Spent close to 25 straight hours in MK for the first One More Disney Day (2/29/2012, did 72 different things at the park, including a full TouringPlans "Ultimate Tour" and a meet up).

Then I moved to the west coast (not SoCal, alas), got a new job, started a family, and dropped out of the Disney community. I've been on a couple of spur-of-the-moment trips to DLR since then, but not a proper planned-out-family-extravaganza since then.

But now I've got a trip in the works. Disneyland Resort, February 2020. This time with kids. And I don't know where to start.

Ok, that's not quite right. I started by buying an Unofficial Guide to Disneyland, and I'm making this post. I plan on buying a TouringPlans subscription when the trip is less than 12 months out. I have a pretty good idea of my plan for accommodations, which seems like the only thing I really need to nail down in the next couple of months. But from there, I'm lost.

So my biggest question for you all is: where should I start? What's a good Disney/Disneyland podcast these days? Or three? What are good web sites? Books? And what are the biggest Disney Parks changes in the last 6 years?

touring plans youtube channels have some good planning videos on Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Dis Unplugged does Disneyland regularly but they're specialized in WDW more.

Oh...I imagine someone like you OP is going to have one Amazing visit based on ur last foray with Disney World. You llbe an expert before setting foot there.
You ve come full circle ... single adventurer to a family and a whole New type of Disney trip both park type and family dynamic. WooHoo for your group.
I hope you ll share a Trip Report, I’m thinking your gonna be disney Re-hooked, lol.
Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter