I get to make my ADR's online in the morning....

surfergirl602

<font color=deeppink>Well you're one step ahead of
any tips?

I've never done them online before, but the past two trips, the CM's making our reservations have messed up in more ways than one!
I'm excited to make them! But wondering how easy it is to screw them up, especially at 5am. :surfweb: LOL

any tips?

I've never done them online before, but the past two trips, the CM's making our reservations have messed up in more ways than one!
I'm excited to make them! But wondering how easy it is to screw them up, especially at 5am. :surfweb: LOL
Typically, one of the best tips is to try and visit ahead of time and make some fake ADRs (don't checkout, but put them in the cart and all that) to get a handle on the ins and outs of the site, become familiar with how to enter the resort confirmation number, etc.

Another thing, since Disney's restaurant list refreshes every time you go back to it (and drives me absolutely nuts!), if speed is important (elusive ADRs, etc) try Right-Clicking on the link to the restaurant instead of normal (left) clicking. This should bring up the option of either "Open Link in New Tab" or something similar. Use this to bring up the individual restaurants, and then you'll still have the full list open.

Beyond the technical tips, it typically helps to push those hard to get ADRs to later in the trip if you can't get them early. Due to +10, there are more people who are eligible to book the earlier days in the trip than the later.

Have your Credit Card handy (if you're not like me and use it so much it's memorized...even the CVC code :rolleyes1) in case you are booking locations where you need a hold/pre-pay. (CG, CRT, dinner shows, Akershus, etc)

Check out once you're done with the high demand ones. Last thing you need is some internet/browser issue causing you to redo them.

Lastly, make sure you record the confirmation numbers when you get them. There is no way to bring them all up online without them. You *should* get emailed them as well, but that doesn't always happen. Also, be sure you know what phone number you're entering, that's another common problem when people are attempting to retrieve their ADRs.

So, since I wrote a book.. to recap:
- Play with the site tonight and learn to navigate
- Use browser tabs for individual restaurants
- If unable to book high demand ADRs, try them later in the trip
- Have CC handy for holds/pre-pays as applicable
- Check out after high demand ADRs to prevent internet/browser issue interference.
- Record confirmation numbers (copy and paste into notepad works just fine)
- Double check the phone number entered (record it as well if you so desire).

And lastly, Have fun and good luck :).

thank you so much!!

I saw a link on there to bring up your reservation. We are dvc on the dining plan... will that show up?

Just wanted to say thanks again for all the helpful tips! I did what you said and it worked out great! I got everything I wanted at the times I wanted, and the open new tab thing really helped out a lot! We even got CRT and Le Cellier at hot times. woohoo!
thanks again for all the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter