I had the most awesome baked cheese dip! *UPDATE* I got the recipe!!!

Blondie

~*~*~*~<br><font color=blue>This TF always enjoys
I was wondering if you guys here have it.

It consisted of shredded swiss cheese, minced onions and mayonnaise. I'm not sure what else was in it, by the taste of it, not too much more.

It was baked and was absolutely delicious!

It sounds like a weird combination, but trust me, it was very, VERY good!

Anyone have the recipe?

I'm searching, I'm searching!

Haven't come up with anything that sounds exact, but this is what I have been able to find so far:

Baked Cheese Dip

1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shred
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 small Onion, chopped fine
1 Clove garlic, minced
1 can Artichokes, chopped
1 10" round sourdough bread hollowed out

Mix all the ingredients together and hollow out a round loaf of French bread. Put the mixture into the bread, put lid back on and bake for 1-1/4 hours at 350~.
Got it here: http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/d/a/daf129/CheeseDip/dips/baked.html

I also found this one. I wonder if you could substitute swiss cheese?

Baked Cheese Dip

1 cup mayonnaise

1 small onion, chopped fine

5 oz. grated cheddar cheese

Stir ingredients together in a small casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve with crackers.

I got that one here: http://recipecircus.com/recipes/sillypooh/APPETIZERS/Baked_Cheese_Dip.html

The first recipe seems really popular -- I found it on a lot of the sites I searched.

Okay!

Here's the recipe!

3 cups of chopped Vidalia or Sweet Onions
3 cups of shredded swiss cheese
2 1/2 cups of mayonnaise
garlic salt to taste

Mix and pour into a well greased 1 1/2 qt. baking dish.
Bake in a 350 preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, when the top is lightly browned.

Makes 30 servings.

Serve with Carter's round crackers, little tea breads, etc.

Hi, I am a lurker on this board. To the op , since you had this dip before, What did it look like?We made this today and man was the grease floating, I drained it , sopped it up with paper towels. It looked curdled. I did something wrong but not surewhat.I followed what you posted. It was good though. We would like to try it again. I hope I have better results.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter