I had to get permission to post this funny story that happened this weekend

Towncrier

DIS Veteran
Saturday was an absolutely gorgeous day in NE Ohio. DW Sue got home from work in the early afternoon and conversation turned to the usual "what to we want for supper". I suggested that we fire up the Weber. Afterall, it's only a month until the DISmeet picnic and I need the practice. I fired up the charcol grill and told the kids to keep an eye on it while Sue and I headed off to the grocery store in search of ground chuck and hamburger buns. With our purchases in hand, we returned home. I threw some mesquite wood on the grill and went inside to make the hamburger patties. I marveled at the freshness of the ground chuck. As I was forming the patties I grew a bit concerned. It's been a long winter and my burger sizing skills are a bit rusty. After forming two or three hamburgers, I turned to my wife and said "Honey. Am I making these patties too big?"

She replied "Don't worry. I got big buns". As the words escaped her mouth, she realized in horror what she had just said. Our kids just stood there, not knowing how to react. The very next words out of her mouth were "...and I bought this bag of large hamburger buns at the store too." That did it. We all started laughing hysterically until our sides hurt. We just wouldn't let the joke die.

I was hesitant to post this story or to even tell the guys at work. But Sue has a great sense of humor and realized that this story was just too good not to share.

I don't know if Sue is planning to have big buns for our picnic on Memorial Day. Frankly, I'm afraid to ask.

LOL, you're right, you should be afraid, this is dangerous territory. :teeth:

Let me just clarify one thing. She doesn't HAVE big buns. She got big buns. There is a subtle difference. Very subtle. Although now that she got big buns, I guess that we all have big buns.

LOL, it would be much more dangerous if she has them and got them. ;)

Kim - The picnic is Sunday May 25th from noon until ???

We're also doing Cedar Point on Friday evening and all day Saturday. If you don't have any plans for Sunday, come on over. I can PM you our address if you are interested.

ROFL!!!!!!

And to think.. while I was reding it, I thought for sure the punchline was about HOW you make the hamburger patties LOL!!!

Debbie

So, you could say in 1 month you will have BUN CON at your house????:jester:

TC:cool:

Yep, its the BUN CON in Northern Ohio next month..

Baby Got Back is now going to sing " I Like Big Buns..."

I also was wondering where the hamburger patties were going as well.. Towncrier making big patties, and Sue's big buns...

I can't wait until next month...

I hope my wife doesn't find out about "Big Patty". :earseek:
My buns would be in big trouble for sure.

My DS just sang a version of I've Got No Strings that had me LOL. It was: "I got big buns to hold me down, don't make me fret or make me frown, we've both got buns as you can see, your buns aren't big as me!" :p I especially liked the verse that started with "I got big buns so I have fun . . . " but I can't remember the rest of that one.

What a cute story.

Got Big Buns! BUN CON! Always a good time at the Towncrier House!!!!!

We have an old family joke about "who's buns are these?" from a family dinner many years ago. I don't even remember the details just the line!

LOL, what a funny memory you made :) I'll bet it will resurface every year at the first cook out from now on :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter