I hate this part

NBA goofy

Earning My Ears
We are going to WDW the beginnig of May and it is now time to pick which Mod we are going to stay at. We have stayed at POFQ, and at CBR. I am trying to decide if we would like to try a different mod or go with some POFQ. Can someone please help me. How do you decide where you are going to stay. It seems like the more I look at the different resorts the more confused I become. One more thing, I do not want to switch resorts in the middle of my stay. Thanks for the help.

The only mod I have stayed at is POR when it was still called Dixie Landings. I always choose the alligator bayou section.

It feels very private, less noisy, less hectic, than most resorts. There is a peaceful, graceful, relaxing air all over the resort.
I have stayed there four times, and I love it dearly.
I have never had any problems at all.

That's funny we're going through the same exact thing. Leaving the second week in May and trying to decide on a mod. We were staying at WL (see below) but seeing the hotel prices at some other "not to be mentioned theme park" are exorbinantly high, with very few discounts offered, we're opting for a moderate. We are thinking of trying POFQ too, but CBR looks nice. We were booked there last year but got a great rate at AKL, which was our "if we can ever afford it" hotel. Luckily we could with the discount we got. Anyway, a little off topic. If anyone would like to give their opinion it would help a lot of us out here deciding the all important FAQ---"which moderate, and why??"

We have stayed at all three (CBR, PO, DL - it will always be such for us). With kids I would pick CBR, when we went without kids PO is the hands down favorite. There is an elegance to the theming and it seemed the most relaxing of the three to us.

I have pictures of Coronado Springs on my website listed below :)
This is a nice resort if you like a South Western Tropical atmosphere. They have a fantastic themed pool!

We have also stayed at all the moderates and I would have to agree with JimC that if you have small children the CBR would be the better choice. They have a nice playground area, a pool that would impress any kid and a beach to play in the sand. It seemed like the food court had more of the kid's favorites, also. The CSR was very nice but it was too spread out and busy for us. They had several conferences going on during our stay. Our all time favorite is DL, the mansion area. It is only a short walk to PO and we enjoyed the amenities of both resorts. I liked the theming of DL. The pool has a great slide and pool that our pre-teens/teens enjoyed and nice quiet pools for late night dips. This year we're taking my parents for their 50th wedding anniversary so we are trying some of the deluxes out.

WDW - Offsite 2/82, 2/86
WDW - Disney Inn 2/88
WDW - CBR 2/90
WDW - CBR 2/92
WDW - Dixie Landings 2/95
WDW - Dixie Landings 2/97
WDW - CSR 2/99
WDW - Beach Club 8/99
Universal - Clarion Universal 8/99
WDW - Dolphin 2/01
Universal - HRH 2/01
WDW - WL 1/03
WDW - Poly 1/03

We like to stay at different resorts. And hope to stay at ALL the resorts eventually.

So, I would go with POR or CSR:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter