I have two hotel reservations and I need some help!

disny_luvr

DIS Veteran
We are staying at SF for four nights and also have a one night reservation at Royal Pacific for the sole purpose of getting Express Pass. On the morning that we check into RP, my DH and I will walk over to RP from SF while our sons get ready. This is where I get confused. Will we be given a second set of room keys that also serve as our park pass? When we enter the parks, which key/pass am I using to enter - the SF one or the RP one? Also, we aren't actually staying in the RP room. Do I need to let them know that? Do I need to check out the next morning? Anything else I need to know?
TIA!

We are staying at SF for four nights and also have a one night reservation at Royal Pacific for the sole purpose of getting Express Pass. On the morning that we check into RP, my DH and I will walk over to RP from SF while our sons get ready. This is where I get confused. Will we be given a second set of room keys that also serve as our park pass? When we enter the parks, which key/pass am I using to enter - the SF one or the RP one? Also, we aren't actually staying in the RP room. Do I need to let them know that? Do I need to check out the next morning? Anything else I need to know?
TIA!
When we stayed at RP, it’s there that will you give you the express for rides. We also picked up our park tickets up there as Well just off the lobby. I would imagine you will get new room keys but someone else will likely have to confirm. It likely wouldn’t hurt to let them know you aren’t staying there and you can check out using text/app so you don’t have to go to the lobby.

TIA!
You will get a set of room keys to RP. These will be used for Express Pass (and early entry as with any UO onsite hotel… if you’re still staying at SF, you could use those for early entry). You’ll need a park ticket or AP to enter the park at the turnstile.

You do not have to actually stay at RP. I just text when I check out. They’ll set you up with text when you check in. I’m not 100% sure if you have to checkout but I know it’s stated that you should check out either via text, email, phone or in person etc. I do, so housekeeping can do what they need to do so it’s ready for the next person.

You will get a set of room keys to RP. These will be used for Express Pass (and early entry as with any UO onsite hotel… if you’re still staying at SF, you could use those for early entry). You’ll need a park ticket or AP to enter the park at the turnstile.

You do not have to actually stay at RP. I just text when I check out. They’ll set you up with text when you check in. I’m not 100% sure if you have to checkout but I know it’s stated that you should check out either via text, email, phone or in person etc. I do, so housekeeping can do what they need to do so it’s ready for the next person.
We'll still be staying at SF. Just so I'm understanding this correctly, our park ticket will be tied to our room key, so I can technically use either one to enter the park, but I can only use the RP ticket for Express Pass? I'm trying to understand this now so I'm not fumbling around with park passes at the turnstiles. As far as checking out via text the following day, I'll probably do that first thing so I don't forget when we are in the park. I just want to make sure our Express Passes will still be valid after we check out. Thanks for your help!

Unless something has changed your room key and your park ticket are separate. The RPR key will get you Express but not admission to the parks. I have an AP so something could have changed. We had someone with us last September who had a regular multi day ticket and it was not tied to his room key.

We'll still be staying at SF. Just so I'm understanding this correctly, our park ticket will be tied to our room key, so I can technically use either one to enter the park, but I can only use the RP ticket for Express Pass? I'm trying to understand this now so I'm not fumbling around with park passes at the turnstiles. As far as checking out via text the following day, I'll probably do that first thing so I don't forget when we are in the park. I just want to make sure our Express Passes will still be valid after we check out. Thanks for your help!
Park tickets are separate from room keys. At the parks, room keys are used for early entry and for Express Pass (only room keys from RP, HRH, or PBH can be used for Express). Park tickets are used to enter the parks at the turnstile. A little further into the park after entering, there will be roped off areas that only guests with early entry can go past roped off areas.

Your RP room keys will act as Express Pass for both check in AND check out days.

Park tickets are separate from room keys. At the parks, room keys are used for early entry and for Express Pass (only room keys from RP, HRH, or PBH can be used for Express). Park tickets are used to enter the parks at the turnstile. A little further into the park after entering, there will be roped off areas that only guests with early entry can go past roped off areas.

Your RP room keys will act as Express Pass for both check in AND check out days.
Thanks for the explanation! That was very helpful and I get it now. :-)

1. You always need to have some sort of admission ticket for them to scan to initially enter the park every time, either a physical ticket or Annual Pass or the barcode on your admission ticket on your phone in the Universal app if you've set it up beforehand. Personally, I prefer keeping the physical ticket in my lanyard, but I also have it scanned on the app as a backup. I've never actually tried to enter the turnstyles with the app, it's just easier for me to show them the lanyard.

2. Your onsite hotel room cards are not linked in any way with your admission tickets, totally separate thing. They do work to open the ride lockers though, so I keep them in the lanyards and just touch it to an available locker.

3. Universal onsite hotels offer Early Admission to one of the parks daily. Your hotel key card allows you to do this, so you will need your room cards from SF for the other days you aren't using your Royal Pacific room cards if you want to do Early Admission.

4. Your room cards from Royal Pacific will allow you both Early Admission access AND unlimited Express Pass for your check in and check out days. You will have to show your room keys for each member of your party that utilizes the Express Pass lines at the rides. Again, utilizing the lanyards is useful for this. With unlimited EP, you can ride as many times as you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter