• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I just deleted 901....

Sabeking

DIS Veteran
Pictures off my phone and still have 2843 on there!! Good gracious that’s a lot! I am a preschool teacher and deleted the pictures that I have on another share site for the families but I noticed I take a lot of pictures of just nonsense. Like my dinner out, I will send to my daughter’s or a screenshot of my favorite movie that may be on when my husband is out of town to say, yes I’m watching it again!:rotfl:

Do you have a lot of pictures on your phone and do you take meaningless pics?

Do you have a lot of pictures on your phone and do you take meaningless pics?
I don't have "a lot" of pictures on my phone, because I prefer using an actual camera when I know I'm going to be taking a lot of pictures. I just use my phone for impulse, quick pictures.

Define "meaningless pictures". Like my food pictures on my cruises? :laughing:

And, at the end our Med/WBTA cruises (23rd day) we were at Castaway Cay and FINALLY got Mickey bars....(they didn't have them in Europe)

I absolutely do,
I take pictures of everything; my truck tag to pay for parking, screenshots of my calculator to do multiple figures, using it as notations, multiple pics of kids such as those when their eyes are closed but I can’t delete them.
“The best picture you will ever take is with the camera you have”
I can’t remember where I heard that but I live by it.

I regularly clear my photo's off my phone. There are a few I want to keep on there. I have a bunch from my Oregon Coast road trip from a year ago May. I took most of them to share with someone but that never happened and we no longer talk so never will.

I'm sure I am weird in that I will also regularly clear off texts and call history.

I do. I'm not sure what's happening where I'm not running out of storage other than my iPhone starts deleting apps when they're unused. Mine is the base model.

But I think with 128 or 256 GB I wouldn't ever have to worry about running out of storage. I wouldn't clean up unless it's something I really don't want to ever see again. I've got a few accidental shots of the inside of my pocket or pointed at the floor. I'll delete those.

I have lots of photos, take lots of photos, and have many “nonsense” ones too. Having grown up in a time when photos were precious, due to rolls of film having only so many pictures, cost of developing them etc, it was very liberating to just be able to take pictures at will. I take photos or screen shots of things I then email or text to others, so have many items I don’t really need to be keeping.

I hardly ever print out any photos. I can’t even remember the last time I did. And just like with the photo albums, I also find I rarely go back and look at any photos I have taken.

I have this weird superstition about deleting photographs and do not delete ANY photographs of my children, in case it brings them harm. I also can’t throw away cards, like Christmas cards, with family photographs on the front (same superstition). Luckily sending family portrait cards hasn’t caught on in the U.K.! 😂
I have no idea where the superstition comes from.🤔

I have about 1600. I try to delete a few but then take more and more. I do print out the pictures and put them in photo albums. I still like to keep some on my phone. I use it as a reference/look back. I forget things/places, dates. I scroll and look for the picture and it helps out tremendously. I can't seem to delete certain pictures - the grandchildren, special occasions, etc. Lot's of short videos too.

I have 158 photos on my phone.
I use a real camera most of the time.
The 158 photos are ones the kids send of the grandkids who live out of state.

For some weird reason I get this satisfaction cleaning them off my phone. It’s like a cluttered closet I have just cleaned out. I will say though I get delete happy and then go back and look for a picture and am disappointed when it’s gone.

I have about 1600. I try to delete a few but then take more and more. I do print out the pictures and put them in photo albums. I still like to keep some on my phone. I use it as a reference/look back. I forget things/places, dates. I scroll and look for the picture and it helps out tremendously. I can't seem to delete certain pictures - the grandchildren, special occasions, etc. Lot's of short videos too.
I also use them as reference of time! The older I get I need a cheat sheet somehow!

My DD takes the cake, she has every photo/video she has taken since 2013 on her phone. She just keeps upping the storage on her phone. I tried to back them up to the iCloud Photo Library (different from iCloud back up) but after about six days I gave up. I do have her on my iCloud back up so it should be able to restore if something happens but it being a file vs actual photos makes me nervous.

I just checked mine: 9,775 photos and 88 videos. I’d say 1/3 is nonsense- screenshots, photos of stuff I see in the store, photos of stuff my DH or kids have sent, memes and most recently captures of my workouts. I have my phone set to auto back up to two places so even when I go through my phone and clean it up the nonsense remains archived there. I’ve pretty much given up trying to get rid of it.

Holy smokes...what are you taking pictures of?

Kids, nature, interesting things we find along the way...some of it is reference stuff - I sold a golf cart and bought a new one last week. I took photos of the registration, that kind of stuff.

The 14,000 on my phone is over years, though and I always take a lot of photos on trips. Our most recent Disney trip was in February - it was a 7 night - I think between the photographers on board and us we took about 800 pictures.

I always enjoy opening up the cloud and clicking on the link to see photos from this day in previous years.

My phone contains pictures of mainly my golden and now that I have a baby...mostly pictures of dogs, baby, and dogs/babies together. I do take pictures of random stuff to send to people but I usually delete them right after.

I have 14,000 and my cloud storage is showing 27,000 plus 1,500 videos.
DD is that you?
Holy smokes...what are you taking pictures of?
I can’t speak for spiders but in my DD’s case she keeps “Live Photos” on which are multiple photos and does a lot of bursts. She’s also in that first wave of kids who have been documenting their lives on their phones rather than using a traditional camera. She got her first iPhone (handed down) at 13 and will be 24 in a couple of months so right about 11 years of photos there.

I always enjoy opening up the cloud and clicking on the link to see photos from this day in previous years.
I do this too. My younger kids first trip to Disneyland popped up the other day. Talk about turning my heart to goo.

I have very nice cameras and lenses but I’ve found Disney is so much easier and more laid back using my phone. After several years I’m over hauling a bunch of gear around the parks.

I've used the camera on my phone about 5 times this year. I am just not a picture taker at all. I think I have about 10 pics on it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter