I just found a Disney Scrapbook I have never seen...have you???

S

Shawna

I was just on a website and came across this Disney Scrapbook that I have never seen before. The website is.........www.punchpalace.com/on_sale.htm . I was wondering is this something new???? Does anyone have this book that could tell me anything about it??? I am in search of the perfect scrapbook for my recent Disney trip. I would love a Mickey scrapbook (I have the one they sell at the park and it's too small).
Anybody???

I've never seen it before either. Sorry. I also had some problems with your link so I went to the punchpalace home page and from there went to the specials page. I'm going to try to do the link again here for you:

http://www.punchpalace.com/on_sale.htm

Never seen them before either...kinda cute!

HMMMM..I do have some Christmas Money left ( actualy I have ALL of it left...we have been snowed in since the 26th ) :D

Can't help you here. I always use Creative Memories albums because I love them. The Disney albums are cute, but I like the uniformity of having all of my albums the same shape and size. I've also heard someone say they had trouble with a Disney album falling apart. Anyone remember who it was?

I bought a scrapebook from Hallmark a couple years ago with Mickey on it. It is a 3 ring binder type that you can add pages to easily. Not sure ifthey still sell them in the Mickey style.

PunchPalace wrote me back and told me that it was a three ring binder....bummer.....was hoping it would of been a post-bond. It says it's 13x13 but I'm wondering if that is the actual size of the book or the page protectors. I took 30 rolls of film my last trip and I'm going to need WAY move then 25 pages:(

Does anyone know of a Disney Post-bond (12x12) book????

Does Creative Memories still make the christmas book???

Yes, As far as I know that still make the holiday album from CM. You could also check e-bay for a disney album or a holiday album
Hope this helpes
Erica

I've purchased 2 of my CM albums on ebay and I got pretty good deals. Just check the feedback before you bid and know the shipping, so you can take that into consideration. I keep a price list of page protectors, pages and albums handy, so I will know how high I can bid.

I ended up purchasing the book. So, I'll let you all know how I like it. I guess it is going to be disconitued so I thought I better buy it before it's gone. I didn't think 20 bucks was too bad so if I don't like it then I'm not out of a lot of money! I have a creative memories consultant so I might end up buying those books for this trip since I have SO many pictures. Thanks for the help :earsboy:

I have a different WDW album (it's called 4 parks one world) and it's also a 3 ring binder - I've put 2 refill packs in and it is not very sturdy - some of the rings have bent and although I've managed to fix it with some pliers, I don't think it's a very permanent fix. If it falls apart again I'm going to have to transfer all the pages to a post-bound which I am not happy about.

Bev

That's a really cute scrapbook, but I have to agree with Merry, I love my CM books. I know they're reliable. I just got a note from my consultant that they have a kit where you can add binding information so that you can see what's in the album from the side, that looks very cute!!!. I just got my new album so I'll be finishing up last year's pictures and starting this years. Horray :-)

At the last CM crop I attended, there was a lady putting titles on albums in gold. (You know what I mean? Gold leaf like they put a name on the front of a Bible for you.) It was really pretty! She could make it say whatever you wanted. I didn't do it, because I only had one album with me, but I am considering it in the future. It would be nice to know which album you were picking up . . . I never can remember until I open it. She was doing the front, but I wonder if she could put it on the "spine"?

Yup you can, there is a website called....www.goldstamp.com. They will send you a kit and then you can send your cover and your spine in the box they send you. I have not had it done but I did get the "kit".....which is actually a box. It looks like it would be really nice to have done. I think the cost is around $8.00 for the front cover and $12.00 for the spine.
If I don't find a Disney scrapbook I like, then this is my next option. :)

When we went to the Memories Expo in Orlando we saw the machines. We got to try them. You can emboss just about anywhere on the album. My LSS owner just ordered one. We hope it will be in before the all day crop on the 19th.

My Disney scrapbook is in poor shape too...I have the Millenium one. The holographic sticker on the front is beginning to peel off, the lettering is wearing off, the rings aren't staying together and they're fraying the edges of the page protector holes.

I now use only CM albums (and the holiday one is still available..I'm a CMC). Also CM does have an album labeling kit for doing the spines....the words, etc.. are preprinted but there is the option of something like "Vacation Memories" and dates. I have not used it yet, but I have heard that its very nice and durable (won't rub off). Ask your CMC. I do still like the idea of custom engraving though!

Thanks everyone for your help on my ongoing request to find the perfect book for my disney pictures.......

I received the disney scrapbook from punchpalace.com yesterday. I knew it wasn't going to be what I wanted.....for one thing it is a three ring binder.....but I still had to order it. It is VERY cute.......if only it was an actual 12x12 and a post-bond it would of been perfect. The actual size of the book is 13x13 and the page protectors are about 12 3/4 long and 101/2 wide (odd shape). I tried 12x12 and they are too long and stick out the sides. I did try the pages that came with my disney 2001 book and they seem to fit fine. There is also a refill number with a phone number on the outside of the album but I wasn't impressed with the Page Protectors, I thought they were too thin.

Okay....at this point I'm going with the CM books. This is my next question though...... Has or do they even do embossing in any other color besides gold and silver?????? I was thinking of getting a black book and having it embossed in either yellor or red??? I know it's a long shot but thought I would ask????? :(

Just for reference...CM books are strap-hinge bound, not post bound. But I really don't know anything about post bound albums to make a recommendation. Personally I like the strap hinge.

And I've never heard of colored album engraving...but maybe someone else has...that would be kind of neat!

If you really like the design of the Disney album, maybe you can color copy the cover to use as a title page? I plan to do that with my Millenium Album when I transfer it to another album...and with my 1999 trip album that I haven't done yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter