I just want to cry!!!

minnieandmickey

Queen of the run on sentence!
I am a DC member and can't take advantage of the new Fairytale package because I have already bought my tickets and can't afford to buy it with the tickets. And now there is a possibility there are no codes coming and if there are then there won't be any rooms left. And I really really want to stay on site,but can't afford rack rates. So I sit here trying not to cry :( knowing how great it is to stay on site, but now (with 3 kids) I can't. Oh well I guess we will just work a little harder on the magic.

Not that I know any more than anyone else.....but....

I really disagree with the idea that this package is going to be so popular that the resorts are going to sell out and no more codes will become available.

This is a great marketing strategy for WDW. With this type of discount they attract lots of first timers. To tie the discount with the UPH is nothing short of brilliant! Get them inside the park and keep them there for a week spending money and preventing them from going to that "other place".;)

The package discount is a very good one, but I just don't think it's the end all, be all that it's being touted as. It is about 45% off..but that's 45% off a package..not stand alone room rates. If you book packages, this is a great deal. I don't recall package rates ever being discounted this much, but again we're talking packages, not just room rates!

Try to relax. I'm not sure when you're going, but if you have as long as your countdown clock shows, there's plenty of time for other discounts to come out.

What about renting pts from a DVC member? Maybe you could sell your tickets so you could get the package? I hope it works out for you. :D

Perhaps people sell the tickets on Ebay, but there's no way of verifying those tickets have not been used. As a result, it sometimes is not worth it to sell on Ebay.

It is probably far better to ask around if any friend, neighbor, coworker, etc is going and ask if they would like to buy those tickets.

I agree with Peachgirl--as your date comes closer, the codes and deals start showing up. October is usually not a 'sell out' time of year, so it's likely that you will find a room on site for a discount.

PD to you. I know it's frustrating when a deal comes out and you cant take advantage of it!

Suzanne

Take Courage minnieandmickey!!!

Don't give in to the temptation to live in the "land of what if." Please give thought to Peachgirl's excellent point that all these "what ifs" haven't happened yet and are really only someone's opinion. Nothing is cast in stone. AFter all, AP discounts have recently been released and who is to say that in a couple months other discounts won't be released as well?

I'm sure you will be a good example of courage, hopefullness and positive attitude for your kids. Hey, you post to the DIS so that alone makes you special!!! We are rooting for you!!!

Best Wishes,

Darian

Often times it seems that patience pays off after reading theses boards. I agree with Peachgirl. I think that the FT pkg is good but once Disney gets a general idea of it's success, they will come out w/room only codes. They took care of the AP holders & they will take care of those who already have tix, too.

Staying offsite is not that bad. We stayed at a place the first time we took our DD (3 at the time) before we found these boards that was not very nice, but still had a great time.

Good luck, some PD for you!

I am just sitting here, waiting for the day that I can plan my next WDW vacation. I keep hoping that we can go in November but when I look at our budget, reality hits hard.
:o

As a dc member you can still get a 15% discount at a moderate till the end of the year. We stayed last month at csr, with dc discount, and I thought it was well worth the money. I would've rather got a code but there were none availble.

From the look of your countdown it seems you were planning for October. Any chance of moving your trip to either September or November during value season? Also, what kind of passes do you have? If they are unused is there any chance of returning them (I don't know what the return policy is on tickets)?

I don't know how old your kids are or where you would like to stay but for a family of 5 you are limited in your choices (unless money is no object - not the case with us). Our first trip was in 2000 when our kids were 7, 5 and 4. We stayed in POR and loved this resort. I thought even the rack rate was reasonable for a Disney resort (of course I didn't know about the discounts then!). Our last trip was this past Dec. when the kids were 9, 7 and 6. I booked this trip last minute when the AP rates came out last July (we decided to buy APs this time and get two trips out of them).

I would probably book the room you think you want with the CRO now so that you have up to 5 days to cancel. Then if discounts come out you don't have to worry that they will be sold out.

I'll send a little pixie dust you way so that things work out!

As stated by the previous poster, it looks like you're traveling in October. Since AP room only codes were just released through 8/23, if room only code are released, they probably will only be through 8/23 also. I expect if codes for after 8/23 are to be released, it probably won't be until after the FT package expires which is the end of June. Now, all that being said, I think you might have another option. Since you've already bought your tickets, I'm more confident of AP rates being released than room-only codes for the general public. You could always book an AP code when available (you don't need to have an AP in hand to book). If no room-only codes become available, you could always go to guest services at any park, and trade in one of your hopper passes for an AP, since they are un-used, you'd get full credit and just have to pay the difference in price. Then check-in to your hotel with your new AP. If codes do become available after AP rates, just switch ressies, if not, you're covered with the AP discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter