"I LIVE Here! I Know What I'm Doing!" A Family Reunion for a Very Disney Christmas (COMPLETE)

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy World Photopass Day today! Best of luck and happy hunger games to those braving the parks today!

Throwback to nearly dying of heatstroke to get the cutest pic ever.

That's all. On with the update!

All Will Be Well At Animal Kingdom, Right?
December 27th, 2016

It was our last full day in the parks. I know, sadness. It was almost over. We were a bit worn out from the past few days. I was starting to feel a bit funky in the throat, but I tried to ignore it since I just tend to get post-nasal drip quite a bit and nothing happens. Today we were taking it slow. Our plan was to solely hit up Animal Kingdom. I had already said my goodbyes to Epcot so I wasn't really sure about going back. If you know me though as well as my family, nothing is ever set in stone so we'll see how this goes. I apologize in advanced, photos were fairly sparse today. I'll try to supplement as much as I can.

We got up around like 9am. We crashed pretty quickly the night before when we got back a little before midnight so we weren't struggling to wake up. After getting packed and ready for the day, we headed down to the Everything POP Food Court, where we grabbed some quick things for breakfast along with letting my mom and sisters refill their refillable mugs to have for the day. Then, we headed out to the bus which was waiting for us so off to DAK we went.

Holiday season was still in full swing arriving at DAK. We got there not long after the park opening, but crowds were really pouring in. I've spent ample time at DAK during my program, usually at night, and I never had to wait in line for bag check. Well, we did today AND to get into the park. It was THAT crazy. I expected it to be a tad more crowded than usual, but nothing like this. It was almost equivalent to MK especially considering how the walkways are much much tighter here.

Today was the day that I got the Fam into the parks for free. I'd never used any of my comp tickets before so it was pretty exciting. I was nervous about getting in with all our MB problems so I had them use the cards. I did connect them to their bands later to make our lives easier, initially however I wanted to be careful since comp passes are finnicky (I had to be the first one to enter the park to activate them). I think the only issue we had was with fingerprints, but that was fixed quick and soon we were officially in Animal Kingdom!

I believe that we did try to take some up close Tree photos, but for some reason those were never saved. From there, we started heading towards Asia and made that right to head that way. We passed by It's Tough to Be A Bug, but we saw that the wait was a bit high so we decided to skip. We continued onwards to the Adventurers' Outpost, which was also already very high. We continued along, until I checked the MDE app after awhile, realizing that all the wait times were fairly high and that ITTBAB was one of the lowest. My mom, Siobhan and I had done ITTBAB, but Alyssa hadn't because she was so terrified when she was younger so we headed back to do that.

We really should've hopped in line because the wait had near DOUBLED in the few minutes that we had been gone and the crowds were flocking right in there.

bXaV3.gif

Today was already starting out great, but we realized then and there it was going to be just like this but worst throughout the day so we might as well get a ride in. Besides, we doubted the wait would be that long. I mean, ITTBAB usually is a walk-on.

tumblr_o4nhdpqTVS1qbpr7qo1_250.gif

Rip Garry Marshall. :sad1:

If I said we waited nearly 1 hour and a half for ITTBAB, would you believe me? Well, we did so there. Not that it's anything to brag about, but it happened and I'd never do it again. That queue is miserable. However, we got to experience some parts of the queue that I never really got to see before like there was a tortoise and some other animal that have little enclosures as you walk through. It's not just the carvings. We also made friends with some people as we waited. I don't remember what we talked about with them, probably complaints about the wait. Eventually we rode it. Alyssa wasn't raving about it but she thought it was definitely very creepy and freaked out especially during the part where the bugs crawl under your butt (my personal favorite since I think of it as a butt massage and just laugh at everyone else having panic attacks). Good times.

We got off and continued back off towards Asia, hoping that maybe having to wait that torturous wait would've maybe sent the Disney gods to fix up some messy and long waits. Unfortunately, not exactly how it went. The line for Everest was atrocious when we got back over there. We wanted to single rider it, but it was closed off.

giphy.gif

Just our luck, but we still had a long day ahead of us. DAK was open until 8pm so we had plenty of time. I did however book us one meal for around 1:30/2pm if I remember correctly that we had to make, but other than that the day was all for getting in the attractions we wanted to ride or shows we wanted to see. Even after two failed Everest attempts, we'd be back and we still had some park to go.

As we made our way around the to-be Rivers of Light lagoon (which was supposed to be open BEFORE my program #stillbitter), I told them about what was going on there and about The Jungle Book Alive With Magic show that used to be there, which I'm very middle ground about (I didn't totally hate it actually tbh). This brought us right up to Finding Nemo the Musical which was starting soon. It was standing room only and by doing this, we'd probably be brought right up to our ADR. However, the line was pretty long for standing room so we might not even get in. We debated this for awhile and eventually decided we'd skip it, maybe come by later.

Our Disney walk of shame continued.

giphy.gif

We skipped around DinoRama because there was NO WAY we'd test that since Primeval Whirl is not worth any wait. I was not in the mood for bruises on our first actual ride of the day. Nuh-uh. On the other side though was a pretty lovely M&G. If you know every Disney park like the back of your hand, I'm sure you know who was here. If you don't, well, like the good TR writer I am I'm going to be super wordy and eventually tell you, while judging you immensely for not knowing what is frankly one of the best M&Gs on Disney property...

GOOFY & PLUTO!

And because it was still Christmastime...

:santa: SANTA GOOFY & JINGLE PLUTO! :santa:

I had only met them one other time in their Christmas outfits so this was a must. However, when we got close enough we noticed that Santa Goofy was the only one who was out.

annasophia-robb-the-carrie-diaries-frustrated-funny-1.gif

Of the two, it's not my fave. WHY DISNEY GODS WHY

Well, I got over it and dragged my family in line. They weren't too enthused, but the line was pretty much the same as it normally was, which I'm guessing was due to the fact that Pluto wasn't there and people knew. However, I just couldn't let them pass up meeting Santa Goofy. We haven't gotten our obligatory Santa pic in years and why not do it with a little Disney flair?

We also got to witness some adorable meets before us. I think there was one with a little girl having some gentler moments with the Goof. Those honestly never get old to me. Oh how I wish I had come to Disney at that age.

Soon enough, it was our turn to meet my favorite Goof, still dressed in the attire from his magical sleigh ride the night before.

This is actually my favorite photo from this meet. I can't with my mother.

I forget to mention that because today was officially my last DAK day, I wore my graduation ears that you can only get if you do the DCP. And for those with weaker eyes, the embroidery says: "Timmy" ENTER BUTTON "DCP Fall 2016"

Again, this was a M&G that kinda became directed towards me. Goofy's friend today I'm sure knew who I was because immediately he began talking to me, pointing at Bing Bong on my shirt. I've had this shirt forever. My mom bought it for me after she saw it with me and I was bawling my eyes out over Bing Bong although it was my second time seeing Inside Out (I saw it three times in theaters if that's any indication of how much I love it along with owning a Bing Bong plush and my avi still being Disgust, my spirit animal). It always got compliments every time I wore it and today Goofy was getting a bit emotional. It was so sweet. He kept making the heart sign at the shirt and at me. It was really sweet. My family were kinda iffy about the fur characters so I think this M&G was a win since they more enjoyed watching me being adorable.

Yet another perfect Christmas card photo *pats self on back*

After we took the picture, I immediately turned to give Goofy a goodbye hug. Goofy's one of the only characters I don't have to awkwardly lean hug so I just live for his hugs. This ended up being an extra long love fest between us. The Photopass and my mom who had eventually walked away were having a field day with this. Everyone had seen my graduation ears including Goofy so they knew I didn't have many more visits with him left. So prepare yeselves for an onslaught of Goof love pics:

Don't let the smile fool you, I was on the verge of tears. I finally said goodbye to Goofy and blew one last kiss to him as well as shown him a heart.

I then got my MagicBand scanned and the attendant stopped me to confirm that my program was ending. Turns out she was another CP slaving through the Christmas week. She told me she extended, she couldn't leave. I told her I wish I could, but school, ya know? Priorities.

dnno.gif

It was getting close to our ADR time so we decided to head back on over to the other side of the park in Africa. Yeah, we were really making the grand circle tour of DAK today. It was around this time that things weren't going so well for Timmy's health. I had been sniffling all morning, but it was off and on. When I met Goofy, I just barely held it together. Now I was essentially sneezing my way from DinoLand to Africa and my throat was feeling worse. The week was really catching up with me. I had really overworked myself for this vacation and now it was getting to me.

As we got around to the Flights of Wonder show area, we stopped to get a water for me, which I gladly downed. We made it to our ADR location with still some time to spare. Apparently we're pretty good crowd dodgers. I still was in awe of how many people were at DAK. I totally thought the other three parks that have actual Christmas stuff going on would swallow it up leaving DAK empty. I assumed later it would lighten up like it seemed to do for most parks.

We sat around outside of the ADR area giving us some time to kinda relax. I wasn't feeling good and it was a rather hot and humid day for December. After around a half hour of waiting, I checked in. They told me I was a bit early, which I knew, secretly hoping they might be able to seat us (because the hunger was real and necessary). The lady then told me to wait a little bit longer and she'd probably be able to get us in. We waited about another ten minutes and checked in again, she got me checked in and we were able to sit out in the waiting area.

Now, what exactly was this mystery restaurant I keep avoiding to name for dramatic effect?

We'll find out... after this necessary TR break.

giphy.gif

Continued Here

Last edited:
Throwback to nearly dying of heatstroke to get the cutest pic ever.

The heat stroke was worth it. That is a quality pic. :thumbsup2

It was almost equivalent to MK especially considering how the walkways are much much tighter here.

Oh goodness.

If I said we waited nearly 1 hour and a half for ITTBAB, would you believe me? Well, we did so there.

200_s-2.gif

Now I was essentially sneezing my way from DinoLand to Africa and my throat was feeling worse. The week was really catching up with me. I had really overworked myself for this vacation and now it was getting to me.

Oh no! I have pretty bad allergies, so I feel your pain. I hope this didn't last the whole day!

The heat stroke was worth it. That is a quality pic. :thumbsup2

Thank you, it's one of my faves of my entire program.

Oh goodness.

Oh yeah.

Exactly.

Oh no! I have pretty bad allergies, so I feel your pain. I hope this didn't last the whole day!

SPOILER ALERT: It did, but it didn't really get worse. I just was pretty worn pretty quickly.

Ahhh no not a cliffhanger!!! I hope it was somewhere good that you had an ADR as it sounds like a bit of a rough morning!

It wasn't too too bad, Goofy made up for it. But we did have a good ADR that I can't wait to talk about! :teeth:

Wow, Animal Kingdom was no joke this day. 1.5 hour wait for ITTBAB?! I'm sorry you guys couldn't do much thus far. The pictures with Goofy are the cutest though!!

The Schuyler Sisters 2: Return To Everest
December 27th, 2016

So where exactly were we eating today?

*drumroll please*

TUSKER HOUSE!

The one reservation I was able to come by for our entire vacation was at Tusker House. We'd never been here before so I was pretty excited. It also was a character meal so that was pretty exciting as well. I'd also hadn't been to a sit down since the first day of my program so that was EXCITING too! Overall, we were pretty excited to be here. If not for superlative reasons, I also was sick, we were hungry and we had a buffet to enjoy so let's get to it!

We waited outside for quite a bit, a bit longer than I'd expect, but eventually a host came to fetch us and bring us around to our table. The theming here was pretty neat and as soon as we walked in, my boss Mickey had come by ready to greet all his fans. You can't get a better boss like him, now can you? When we sat down, the host asked if anyone had any dietary restrictions. As I mentioned before Alyssa is lactose free and Siobhan is lactose AND gluten free so indeed we did. They made sure to alert our waiter who got us our drinks fairly quickly (I think we mostly got waters we were feeling the heat so much) and he thus alerted the chef. The chef came out to go take to them to the buffet to help them with their options. Donald was getting fairly close, which made me nervous they were gonna miss him, but I doubt the chef would keep them long.

Again, I was mistaken.

They ended up, being already at the buffet, pulled their options and missed Donald so my mom and I had Donald to ourselves, which is fine. I like my alone time with the Donald bae. And don't make the obvious jokes about that, we don't compare to cuddly, lovable, #1 duck, Donald to... well another.

Anyways, Donald had gotten to us and we had a quackin' good time. I don't remember too much, but Don was in good spirits today. My mom was taking the photos while I tried to make myself seem presentable when our waiter came around. Donald started gesturing to him to take our photo which my mom thought was code for Donald asking to take a photo of our waiter. I corrected her that she should ask him to take a photo of ALL of us. Donald gave me a thumbs up then started pointing around. I think I once again gave away my CM status in that moment.

You can see Donald gesturing to the waiter here

Mickey was coming right up behind Donald when he left so we sat around to wait for him. We had to of course get a pic with the boss man himself. Hopefully Siobhan and Alyssa would be back. Fortunately, they did with full plates of food. They literally were introduced to the food, got it for themselves then didn't come back for the characters. Typical. I prefer characters over food tbh although I do love my food. I'm starving as I type this, but that's irrelevant.

It was time to meet MICKEY!!!

He really liked my ears, of course.

What a gentlemen he is.

Meeting with Mickey was brief. He did congratulate me on my ears, but that was it. Mickey and I are better friends than that or at least have been. Whatever, boss, whatever.

There was a bit of a gap until Goofy and Daisy so my mom and I took this time to get our food. I don't exactly remember what we got since I didn't take food pictures. Again, wasn't really planning on writing a TR, but it was all pretty good. Salmon is one thing that sticks out in my mind along with some handcut pork they had. I also think there was some rice mix I had that I really enjoyed along with the cookies. I know we all went up for seconds, which for a family like mine, that means we really enjoyed it. Especially with my sisters' dietary restriction, Disney did really good here and I LOVED the theming. It felt so authentic, just like everything in DAK. #BlessUpJoeRohde

Next, we met Miss Daisy Duck, my fellow sassafrass!

Click to view!

The only way to pose when meeting Daisy

Daisy got particularly excited about my ears if I recall. I don't remember much else, but she was so sweet and that video is #ICONIC. Honestly Daisy never lets me down in terms of being always fabulous to me.

You can peep some of the food and drink options. I think my sisters got some Strawberry smoothies or something. I couldn't pinpoint to you exactly what was on our plates other than something along the lines of "yadayadayada thingy".

After Daisy, Goofy left another gap of time for us. The characters went on break at some point and Daisy was getting pretty fussy because Donald was taking a long time to catch up with her. It was really cute watching them walk out together. We were pretty much ready to leave though. We were really fast eaters this trip. The attendant heard us talking, noticing we were ready to go and that she'd send Goof to us real quick. I recognized her from my many times meeting characters, but there wasn't immediate recognition of me since she was a more quiet attendant. She did congratulate me nonetheless asking where I worked and the usual stuff like that. We talked with her a bit before all our favorite fab friends came back out.

Our waiter came over and we asked for the check, right before we got to meet the Goof again, this time all changed back into his usual DAK attire. He didn't spend much time with us since we had hung out earlier, which was ok. We were ready to get back to normal park touring life.

After saying goodbye to Safari Goofy, the waiter came back with the receipt and we were soon back out the door, followed by the crew being all cute and such again. The heat and humidity of the day hit us like a wall, but that didn't stop us as we headed to the FP+ kiosks to reserve some fast passes. We weren't having the best luck when I was checking so I thought it would be best to go there since the CMs helping there are pretty good at getting good FPs. There was a bit of a wait, but we paid attention and were able to sneak over to one girl. This was not done is vain as almost automatically, we were able to get a FP within the next hour for Everest. What luck! We continued to try to get one for FotLK and/or DINOSAUR, however they were really all out. I said we'd try to catch a later show since the crowds would be down, the CM corrected me saying that it wouldn't. DAK was going to be busy until the end. Unfortunate, so we settled for that one FP, thanked the CM and started heading back to Asia.

I don't remember what we did on the way over. It was a bit of a journey due to the crowds, which had worsened since our lunch at Tusker House. I think we stopped a little to watch street entertainment, but I'm not positive. Our Everest FP was happening relatively soon for a FP we made last minute so pretty soon we were rushing over and into the FP line, which, thank goodness, had very little wait. We'd all had ridden Everest before so no new opinions, except the fact I had ridden in every single row and I personally thought the back was FAR better than the front (and you NEVER have to wait in a separate line to sit there just saying). Our seats were relatively close to the back so it would be quite a thrill. My mom's pretty weary of Everest, her stomach doesn't handle it well, but she had bought some dramamine the day before so she was ready to ride. However, she wasn't down with our ride photo.

We decided to do another pic of us Schuyler Sister'ing it up and I think this one came out just as good as the last.

Once we had gotten off, in the gift shop, Siobhan wanted to buy a shirt and really liked one of the Everest shirts. We also picked up some more waters and got to use my Cast Member discount once again to pay! My mom hadn't realize how awesome 40% off was and was so ready to use it up everywhere.

Here is what the shirt Siobhan got looks like:

everest-shirt-longsleved-rescue-a.jpg

When we got out of Everest, it was getting close to the final showing of Festival of the Lion King, one of my favorite shows in all of Disney World. I had to see it on my last day in DAK and my family had yet to see it so we started heading over. However, Siobhan was craving that Churro so we detoured over towards DinoLand to go pick one up since that was the closest one I could think of. Her Churro ended up using my last free snack coupon. I think Alyssa got a cookie while I got a Mickey pretzel and my mom was doing fairly ok with our bellies full from Tusker House.

So the Churro having been the last free one, was it worth it?

After getting that, we swallowed our snacks and booked it over back to Africa to catch FotLK. We were about an hour before the show started when we arrived and a solid crowd had already formed.

Did we make it into the showing an hour later?

Well...

Continued Here

Last edited:

Just noticing your Bing Bong shirt...LOVE!

Adorable character pics! I love how happy your mom looks :)

Awesome getting that FP for EE!

OoOoOh a cliffhanger! Hope ya'll made it in!

......and Peggy.....

Sorry--had to. Now the Schuyler Sisters song is stuck in my head again. Thanks for that.

Just noticing your Bing Bong shirt...LOVE!

Thank you! :)

Adorable character pics! I love how happy your mom looks :)

Thank you, we were all having so much fun with the characters.

Awesome getting that FP for EE!

Bless it up. Truly.

OoOoOh a cliffhanger! Hope ya'll made it in!

Hehehe you'll have to wait and see

You tease

tenor.gif

......and Peggy.....

Sorry--had to. Now the Schuyler Sisters song is stuck in my head again. Thanks for that.

Haha YAS WERK.

You warned me about this DAK day earlier and reading it makes me want to delete my DIS account.

1.5 hours. For ITTBAB. An hour. And a half. 90 minutes. I'm actually pretty sure that's the second or third circle of hell.

Your Disney walk of shame sounds awful and also I love Finding Nemo the Musical but its not worth standing room so good on your family for passing that one up.

SANTA GOOF!!! Your pictures are so cute!!! Honestly, I love seeing you interact with Goofy almost as much as I love seeing you interact with Pluto, Peter, and Tiana. You're just #characterM&Ggoals.

Tusker house is so yum! Your #1 duck pics are precious and I LOVE your Daisy #images. So iconic.

Ugh, I am so sorry about these crowds raining on your DAK parade :( honestly none of the parks are fun with crowds and DAK is especially worse since it's so big.

Your schuylering continues to save my soul and clear my skin.

Lowkey, EE has the best merch in DAK. I have a similar sweatshirt to the one Siobhan bought and it's my baby.

You're keeping me on my toes to hear about whether or not you saw FotLK, Timmy!

You warned me about this DAK day earlier and reading it makes me want to delete my DIS account.

1.5 hours. For ITTBAB. An hour. And a half. 90 minutes. I'm actually pretty sure that's the second or third circle of hell.

Oh girl, it was A DAY. And yeah, I'm not joking. We waited FOREVER. Truly DAK purgatory.

Your Disney walk of shame sounds awful and also I love Finding Nemo the Musical but its not worth standing room so good on your family for passing that one up.

Ok good, granted I don't regret it because I don't have much desire to see it anyways.

SANTA GOOF!!! Your pictures are so cute!!! Honestly, I love seeing you interact with Goofy almost as much as I love seeing you interact with Pluto, Peter, and Tiana. You're just #characterM&Ggoals.

Awwww, stop it. :goodvibes Throwback to me having an actual sob fest with Goofini on my last day. Emotions + Goofy = A Mess Called Timmy

Tusker house is so yum! Your #1 duck pics are precious and I LOVE your Daisy #images. So iconic.

It is! And YAS, Daisy and I were serving. Really mad I changed my head position after my mom got the vid eck #regrets

Ugh, I am so sorry about these crowds raining on your DAK parade :( honestly none of the parks are fun with crowds and DAK is especially worse since it's so big.

I mean, DAK is big, but the walkways are so small and claustrophobic that it just made it so much worse. It was the first time I really saw DAK for what all those "half-day park" naysayers saw.

Your schuylering continues to save my soul and clear my skin.

BLESS.

Lowkey, EE has the best merch in DAK. I have a similar sweatshirt to the one Siobhan bought and it's my baby.

THEY DO. I still love my baby Yeti (that I got from Cast Connections because it was like $1 versus $20)

You're keeping me on my toes to hear about whether or not you saw FotLK, Timmy!

I mean, you know me, what do you think happened, hmmmmmmm?????

This Little Monster Makes His DAK Fond Farewell
December 27th, 2016

I've never seen the Festival of the Lion King as popping as it was when we hopped in line. Normally I'd get to the show about 15/20 minutes before the show started and I'd always have a good seat. Granted I never had a squad to deal with so I could sneak up as close as I wanted to since there would always be room at the end of the seats. On those days, I'd usually be just under the overhang leading up to the doors, poised for some quality seating. Today, it was quite different. They had the extended queue all set up. Cast Members were yelling about the strict rules they were having to uphold because people were hopping in and out of line. We did not make it early enough for the overhang, we were a couple feet behind it. I wasn't initially nervous since every show I've seen there has yet to actually be completely full and we were pretty well poised to be put in my favorite section:

:simba: THE LION SECTION!! :simba:

large.gif

If you missed me freaking out over my upcoming concert tix (5 DAYS LEFT) and didn't already know, I LOOOOOOVVVEEEE Lady Gaga. :worship::worship: She's probably my number one favorite recording artist currently and has been for a long time. I'm 100% one of her Little Monsters and get more and more excited that I get to see her in less than a week EEEEEPPPP. So when I first went to see Festival of the Lion King at the beginning of my program and heard at some point in the show "Paws Up", I HAD to be in that section. If you didn't know that's essentially Mother Monster's equivalent of "put your hands together" because she's too fabulous for that. In short, Festival of the Lion King actually turns one quarter of the theater into Little Monsters, exactly where I belong. It also doesn't have some weird, unpleasant noise as the sound you have to make during the show. And the guy who leads the lions is pretty cute. All T, All Shade.

Shade-GIF.gif

I prayed that's where we'd be put and based on the facts we were in standby and lined up to head straight in through the front doors and not the back where you are taken to the Giraffe section, it seemed possible.

My mom, however, wasn't feeling all that great after Everest and had to hop out of line to go use the facilities. The CM who was very firm about not letting family members back into line, let her out and seemed to be ok with it since she was the only getting out. I was really nervous since I hate being THAT person and I know that DAK has been facing a storm all day. My mom was luckily let back in and just in time for us to be let in the theater.

So the moment of truth: Did we get the Lion section?

Well thank the Disney gods, sacrifice my virgin blood forever to them, WE DID!

We were much farther back than normal, but we still had a good view and I was so ready to be an emotional wreck. FotLK is just art to me. It's so incredible, even without having a strong central plotline like most Disney shows, the live singing, puppetry, dancing, circus, etc. fully makes up for it and I just lose it every time, especially as of recently since I knew I was only going to be seeing it a few more times. Today was my last time though so... prepare for water works.

tenor.gif

I knew tonight, due to the crowds, they weren't going to teach the audience the Hakuna Matata hand jive, which I always get way too lit for during the show. I'm all out when it comes to that section (although "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" with the birds will never not be my favorite). I had to teach the Fam. Unfortunately, right as I was about to do this, the show started. Oh well, I still hand jived my Tumble Monkey loving butt off. And yes, the Fam high key judged me. Lion roar onward.

I-have-no-shame.gif

While I was having the most emotional and overly dramatic reactions to the show, my mom took pictures and some vids:

Click to watchf!

Click to watch!

I'm sure most of you all have seen the show. All I have to say was this show was just as equally magical, perfect and beautiful as it always was. The Fam really enjoyed it although they never understood how I was going so hard for it. It wasn't as amazing as the last time I saw it when a Tumble Monkey came up the stairs and ate a bug off my head, but you can't beat that. It still was beautiful. My favorite Ziwadi (THE GIIIIFFFTTT) was back and she SLAAAAAAYYYYEEED that Circle of Life note. #Shooketh until the end of time. I was full on sobbing by then. I was tearing up every which way over the divinity that is the acro birds. Oh, I still miss this show.

Anyways, let's wipe those tears away because we still had quite a bit of night left. When we got out of the FotLK theater, Alyssa made it clear that DINOSAUR was the other big ride we wanted to do. It looked like it would be one of our last of the night before our Kilimanjaro Safaris FP. I told her it was on the other side of the park and that after we'd have to swing on back over,
kinda how we had done all day. They all were kinda annoyed, but just went with it. Alyssa had never done it so it would be worth it. I still wasn't feeling all that great and the sneezing was like every five seconds along with a bit of coughing now, but I was not going to end the day for my family. I'd dealt with much worse while touring Disney.

When we got to DinoLand, our stomachs were starting to cry out again. We were cutting it a bit close, but we decided to get a small bite to eat from Restaurantosaurus. I kinda opted for solely a Wildberry Lemonade while Alyssa got her usual chicken nuggets. I don't remember what my mom got, but Siobhan also just decided to nibble off everyone else. It was a very generic meal, although the Wildberry Lemonade is delightful. With some help, Alyssa and my mom finished their dinners quickly and we headed to DINOSAUR.

The line for DINOSAUR was pretty long, extending all the way past the entrance down to the end of the overhang, which is the longest I had seen it yet and I rode it after the nearly year long refurb it went under that made me wait until November to be able to ride it. We considered waiting until later, hoping to rush over after Kilimanjaro Safaris, but that FP ended pretty close to park closing so we got in line. It was pretty hot out and the humidity was doing nothing for my already icky self. I was downing all the water I could down, hoping it would alleviate the yuck I was feeling. It kept me awake, but it didn't really make it better. Soon, we were in the AC-blasted inside queue and eventually onto the ride itself.

I decided to be a bit of a ride photo troll this time.

My mom at first thought I actually was seeing something else (which I was because the back-up Carnotaurus animatronic is on that side and when the camera goes off you can see it in its static, dead glory), but I told her I did it on purpose. We were wondering what Siobhan was looking at though, who just seems to be in her own world on these rides. She didn't know either as she had seen the large Carnotaurus that was about to eat us all. However, we made it away from him and just barely made it back to the present without being killed by an Asteroid. We also got the Iguanodon Dr. Seeker wanted with us. Nothing but in a day's work at the Dino Institute.

We made our way back on over to Africa because our KS FP was coming up soon and the Fam had not seen it at night so we had to get that under our belts. When we got there, we still had a few minutes before our FPs were ready so we waited a moment outside the entrance, browsing the outdoor shops before heading on. The FP wait was rather quick, again surprisingly considering the day. I don't remember too too much about this nighttime safari. We had a great guide who was being great about making sure we'd see all the cool animals that only came out at night. I know when he was going around asking us about where we were from, we screamed out about NH being the only ones from the Granite state. We were pretty proud of it (at least they were... I live anywhere and everywhere tbh). My mom and my sisters thought it was really neat, especially since it was a very sensory oriented experience. I'm one of the few who's just not a big fan of Kilimanjaro Safaris. Zoos are not my thing. I've seen enough in my life so I don't get as stunned as most do.

When we got off, we thought the park was closed but the park was still very much alive. We had a bit of a walk through the exit and asked a CM who told us the park was actually open for another hour. Yeah, DAK was opened until 9pm.

giphy.gif

So our rushing around really was that unnecessary. Well, what do you do when you still have time in DAK before they kick out?

We shopped!

We went in the shop that was right next to the entrance to KS. It was here I decided to get my one parting gift from DAK. I had been eyeing the leopard print ears for awhile, but my mom was not about me getting another pair of ears considering how they saw how many I already had. Eventually I conceded and found the Festival of the Lion King soundtrack which I SOOOOO needed. A far better memento in the end. I know my mom ended up getting a cute beaded Mickey lanyard that she now uses to hold her work ID along with a frame that we still have yet to put pics in. Alyssa got a drum thingy that has two strings attached with balls at the end that bounce off the drum as you twist it back and forth. Oh and there was a Mickey painted on it for Disney effect. I'm not sure what Siobhan got since she already picked up the Everest long sleeve. She also was really annoyed by how much I was buying. An issue that always came up with me yet I was the only one of my siblings who worked year round and was an adult who didn't need someone to tell me how to spend my money.

Im-Going-Let-You-Think-About-One-Minute-Sip.gif

Sorry being unnecessarily petty. I'm pretty triggered some times, can't ya tell? My philosophy is that if you have money, you have the right to spend how you please. My sister on the other hand just likes to judge me for my need to spend unnecessarily on Disney stuff because she'd rather I'd dump it on nice clothes. Why have nice clothes when you can have those cute pair of ears and that new LE shirt instead?

I rest my case.

My mom was more than happy to defend me since I was the one letting them use my discount that majorly cut our usual merch costs by quite a bit. After all those items were bagged up, it was time to head out. On our way out, we happened upon the on-going Tree of Life projection show. We took a moment to watch then got one last photo with the park icon looking all glowey and gorgeous at night.

And thus we left Animal Kingdom for the last time of my program. It was a park I always defended when others called it a half-day park. With all the nighttime offerings that came about during my program, that really changed that notion and I was so happy to take advantage of that, from many nights marathoning Everest, double FotLK and trying out as many of the QSs as I could. I miss DAK so so much and I can't wait to return to see that little new section of the park you might have heard about. Idk, based off a James Cameron movie with blue people with a plot freakishly similar to Pocahontas. Yeah, I guess it's getting hype. Whatevs. I'll be back for it one day. Until then, it was real wild DAK and I can't wait to see you real soon!

On our way out, my mom and sisters were wondering if we could go to Epcot. I checked the times and saw it was open until 11pm I think. It was about 8:30pm now (we were hoping to avoid the park closing crowds) so Epcot could be feasible. I mean, it wasn't blocked out on my comp tickets, there was a lot of Christmas stuff still happening over there and it would cover more than just two parks. However, I was kinda feeling icky and ready to turn in so I could recuperate for my shift tomorrow night. I also already said my Epcot goodbye. I would think about it though since I hated to be the first one to turn in.

At the park entrance, there were still some Photopass photographers out taking photos in front of the tree. I suggested we get one since we didn't have a photo with a Christmas tree yet. They agreed, especially since we had Memory Maker and should try to get as much use out of it as we could.

After we came upon the Animal Kingdom sign that's in front of the bus loop. The last photo I posted before my family came on this trip was of my sisters and I in front of this sign circa April 2010. Here was the photo:

085.jpg

We decided to re-create it. I pulled it up quickly on my phone. We really studied it, trying to match it as best we could. I think we did a pretty fair job. Some hand positions were flipped, but I like it. Boy, how 7 years can fly by. It seems only yesterday I was graduating middle school. Now, Siobhan has graduated high school, I'm close to graduating college and Alyssa is entering her Sophomore year of high school and learning how to drive. Insanity.

Love a good bag photobomb! :thumbsup2

Off to the busses we went. It was here I had to make my decision: Epcot or sleep?

Would my night end here or was I going to tough it out once again? Hmmmm...

Continued Here

Last edited:
Glad you got to see FOTLK! It's nice to hear how special the show is to you :)

The end of your night at AK sounds great, rides and shopping! That's a great pic of you and your sisters in front of the lit up Tree of Life!

Omg how cute that you recreated the pic in front of the AK sign!! Love it!!

THE SHADE AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS UPDATE, I laughed out loud. Nakawa is pretty gorgeous. I'm glad you got to put your PAWS UP, I know that's your favorite place to sit! While I peeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrsonallllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy believe that Nemo is the superior DAK show, I know that FotLK is special to you and I'm really glad you enjoyed your goodbye showing. Now we need to revisit it!

You looking the opposite way during the pic... ME TOO. I can relate.

Also, I think I FINALLY found a DAK opinion we both unanimously agree on. KS is just not the best. I could see every single animal, have a zebra walk right up to the vehicle, hear a lion roar out loud and my safari guide could literally be Steve Carrell doing an impersonation of Michael Scott being a Kilimanjaro Safari guide and I would STILL not remember a thing. Maybe it's because it's so long? :confused3 Or maybe it's just because like you, I don't really like zoos.

GO OFF on Siobhan. Your money, your rules.

3149da39f24160501f15187ffa3668b1.gif

Your exit photos are so, so precious. I want to frame them and hang them up in MY dorm.

HEARING THAT YOU HAD A SHIFT THE NEXT DAY MADE ME CRINGE... OMG PLEASE TIMMY TELL ME U DIDN'T GO TO EPCOT I WOULD HAVE L I T E R A L L Y DIED IF I WAS OUT UNTIL PAST MIDNIGHT AFTER A LONG DAY AT THE PARKS AND HAD A SHIFT THE NEXT DAY

Glad you got to see FOTLK! It's nice to hear how special the show is to you :)

I love it so so much and miss it even more. :sad:

The end of your night at AK sounds great, rides and shopping! That's a great pic of you and your sisters in front of the lit up Tree of Life!

It was, even with my sickness. We had a very successful day! And thank you!

Omg how cute that you recreated the pic in front of the AK sign!! Love it!!

We had to, especially with how many Insta posts I made of us on our first trip in 2010.

THE SHADE AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS UPDATE, I laughed out loud. Nakawa is pretty gorgeous. I'm glad you got to put your PAWS UP, I know that's your favorite place to sit! While I peeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrsonallllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy believe that Nemo is the superior DAK show, I know that FotLK is special to you and I'm really glad you enjoyed your goodbye showing. Now we need to revisit it!

Mmmmm, Nakawa is my DAK husband tbh. And actually I still haven't seen Finding Nemo since my first trip so maybe if I was dragged away from my FotLK to see it, I might love it more. I doubt it, but it might happen. And yes, let's go back and see it! First, Disneyland and Mickey & the Magical Map tho. :thumbsup2

You looking the opposite way during the pic... ME TOO. I can relate.

We're twinsies.

Also, I think I FINALLY found a DAK opinion we both unanimously agree on. KS is just not the best. I could see every single animal, have a zebra walk right up to the vehicle, hear a lion roar out loud and my safari guide could literally be Steve Carrell doing an impersonation of Michael Scott being a Kilimanjaro Safari guide and I would STILL not remember a thing. Maybe it's because it's so long? :confused3 Or maybe it's just because like you, I don't really like zoos.

OMG WUT. This is a breakthrough. I'm glad you agree though so I won't always have to be dragged on KS. I guess DAK will be OUR park, even if MK was our home, but I feel my love only increased while yours lessened a bit. Also, right as I type that the Peter section of DAWM just started playing and like... I don't know that just feels appropriate.

GO OFF on Siobhan. Your money, your rules.

3149da39f24160501f15187ffa3668b1.gif

Gurl, I go off all the time about it. You don't even know how triggered I am when it comes to people judging my spending habits.

Your exit photos are so, so precious. I want to frame them and hang them up in MY dorm.

That would be VERY VERY weird.

HEARING THAT YOU HAD A SHIFT THE NEXT DAY MADE ME CRINGE... OMG PLEASE TIMMY TELL ME U DIDN'T GO TO EPCOT I WOULD HAVE L I T E R A L L Y DIED IF I WAS OUT UNTIL PAST MIDNIGHT AFTER A LONG DAY AT THE PARKS AND HAD A SHIFT THE NEXT DAY

I plead the 5th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter