I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone do me a huge favor and check the aa websites for the # of points I'd need for a Disney hotel checking in Aug. 23 and checking out Aug. 26th? An Epcot resort would be ideal. I don't have any points yet but am hoping I can get them to post when the first statement closes. Thank you!

This sounds somewhat familiar...AND almost 1 year to the day...at least you didn't get to experience the "quality" inn :P haha! I'm VERY glad you guys got a room at the hotel and totally understand the stress of that situation :)

Thanks for conjuring up these memories...lol! My favorite part of this story that I'm not sure I ever relayed to the group here was asking people in the lobby if they wanted anything from the snack shop since it was "on the house". Perhaps I was the first one to get Bonvoyed before it was even a thing!
(these quotes actually point back to the old thread FYI for those wondering)

I was thinking of your experience the entire time. I would have been fine with another hotel, but I doubt there is anything here in town, we'd have to go to the next town over.

Sounds like a pain, but it's good that you stood your ground and got what you booked.

If you book through an 3rd party OTA (like the Chase portal, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels .com, etc.) AFAIK you are not supposed to receive your status perks (points, late checkout, elite night credit, wifi, etc.). I have no idea why this is so, and sometimes the front desk will still treat you as if you had booked directly with them. Hotels are treated differently than airline tickets, because I know if you buy airfare through Chase portal you will earn the qualifying miles and qualifying dollar spend with the airline. So I always book hotels directly through their website if I get some perks for being a member so that I can get the elite night credit and any promotions that I signed up for. All that said, I think you deserve to get the room you reserved no matter what avenue you took to reserve it.

Hope the softball tourney is fun and the weather is good! Good luck to your team. DD played rec for a few years, and I remember those tournament days were L-O-N-G.

I do know about that, I learned that via Marriott years ago. Well, at least the no earning points if you book through Expedia part. But, Chase does ask for your membership numbers so i was under the assumption it would pass over. I knew going in I likely wouldn't be getting points for my stay. The room was 8K+ on Chase, but 24k+ on Marriott.

I don't really think status should matter honestly. A reservation (non-refundable at that) means i need a room. A room should be held for me. But her remark about if she bumped a Plat Elite she'd lose her job, I figured I'd play my card at that point as well. At that point it wasn't going to hurt, and I think it actually helped. My apologies to whoever did get bumped, if they did.

But really, why would you put a reservation for 3 in a room with only one sleeping surface?!

Could someone do me a huge favor and check the aa websites for the # of points I'd need for a Disney hotel checking in Aug. 23 and checking out Aug. 26th? An Epcot resort would be ideal. I don't have any points yet but am hoping I can get them to post when the first statement closes. Thank you!
This is so confusing to me. Here's the rate from aavacations for basic rooms (2 queens):
Yacht 126.8K
Beach 135K
Boardwalk 161.6K
Swan 55K

For useaamiles I see:
Yacht 237.8K
Beach 253.8K
Swan 94.5 K

This is so confusing to me. Here's the rate from aavacations for basic rooms (2 queens):
Yacht 126.8K
Beach 135K
Boardwalk 161.6K
Swan 55K

For useaamiles I see:
Yacht 237.8K
Beach 253.8K
Swan 94.5 K
Thank you so much for checking this! Looks like the only one I can afford with the miles that I'll have by then is the Swan. I really appreciate you checking for me!

Nah, @Limes96 was approved for CIP2 the other night 1-2 hours after getting the “we need more time” message.
Ah ha, knew the spreadsheet would come up with who :) I just had 2 hours in my head and hadn't gone back to search who yet.
No offense meant to anyone, my brain remembers facts and forgets who or where said facts came from. (you know, it's not like that's any kind of an important detail, why would I need to retain that too?)

I broke down and got the Disney visa yesterday. I've had my Chase Freedom Unlimited and I love it but the sign up bonus for the Disney Visa basically paid for our entire room before our cruise vacation in September, so it didn't make sense to pass on it. Teach me oh great credit card thread on how to maximize my rewards.

Yacht 126.8K
Beach 135K
Boardwalk 161.6K
Swan 55K

For useaamiles I see:
Yacht 237.8K
Beach 253.8K
Swan 94.5 K

Is that for 3 nights? I am going to be applying for my first AA card. Nice to see what it looks like ahead of time so I know about how many miles it is.

Is that for 3 nights? I am going to be applying for my first AA card. Nice to see what it looks like ahead of time so I know about how many miles it is.
Yes, three nights. Swan relative to Disney Deluxes is such a steal. I'm not a fan of the Swan but for the location and cheap redemption rate, I plan on booking it for next summer pre-Disney cruise.

Ok finally going to sign up for Plastiq because the 4 current MSRs I am working on now are giving me anxiety (even though pretty sure we would easily do it organically).

Best thing for a first time user would be to grab a referral off dischurners???

Also I have read no mortgages on Amex or Visa but is there a workaround with AMEX if I grab MC gift cards? Just wondering as the AMEX MSR is the one trying to work on knocking out. Thanks in advance.

I do know about that, I learned that via Marriott years ago. Well, at least the no earning points if you book through Expedia part. But, Chase does ask for your membership numbers so i was under the assumption it would pass over. I knew going in I likely wouldn't be getting points for my stay. The room was 8K+ on Chase, but 24k+ on Marriott.

I don't really think status should matter honestly. A reservation (non-refundable at that) means i need a room. A room should be held for me. But her remark about if she bumped a Plat Elite she'd lose her job, I figured I'd play my card at that point as well. At that point it wasn't going to hurt, and I think it actually helped. My apologies to whoever did get bumped, if they did.

But really, why would you put a reservation for 3 in a room with only one sleeping surface?!

I book for my family of 3, and I frequently see rooms with only 1 king bed show up, and I'm just confused by that. Maybe they assume you'll pay extra for a rollaway bed? I just stick with 2 queens or doubles.

We may not think status should matter, but the fact is that loyalty programs exist for that purpose and the marketing people have figured that out. Going outside the program may get you a better price, but you pay for it in other ways.

I wonder if hotels use the same kind of over-booking algorithm that airlines use, counting on some no-shows. I've read online that if you're going to have a late arrival to your hotel, you need to call them and let them know so that they don't give away your room. I do that even with my timeshare, and they have my money locked up in perpetuity.

Ok finally going to sign up for Plastiq because the 4 current MSRs I am working on now are giving me anxiety (even though pretty sure we would easily do it organically).

Best thing for a first time user would be to grab a referral off dischurners???

Also I have read no mortgages on Amex or Visa but is there a workaround with AMEX if I grab MC gift cards? Just wondering as the AMEX MSR is the one trying to work on knocking out. Thanks in advance.
A DISchurners link will get you $500 FFDs after you spend $500. That’s what I used when I signed up. You also might want to then refer a P2 yourself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter