I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gak! DH got the pop-up! He has a purchase coming up, so thought I'd get the Aspire for him. He has the Rose Gold, which he uses regularly for restaurants. The Hilton Biz, I spread out the MSR over 3 statements (last of the 3 was a little less). 2 statements past MSR, I put about $20 on each. The Marriott Biz is only 1 statement past MSR, I put $30 on it. His old BCE, I've only used minimally for offers. Under the guess that the old cards don't matter, but maybe that's wrong. Just took the upgrade offer to BCP, so will be putting at least $1000 spend on it (come out ahead $250 upgrade - $95 AF). Gave DH the Hilton Biz to put his purchase on. So, guess I'll see if I can get the pop-up to go away!

Now I'm curious if I'll get the pop-up too (knock on wood). Thinking if I should apply for BBP 10k SUB +15k support, no AF. Or Green Biz and hope for an upgrade offer later. Not sure if I want more cards to keep track of spend on though....

Dh received a Citizens Bank mailer today ($400 or $200, depending on the account type, plus $100 for 5 debit transactions) but I cannot find any info in the fine print about how long the account would need to be kept open :coffee: It just says "have a qualifying direct deposit post to the new account within 60 days of the account open date" and one cannot have had an account within the past 6 months.

Who has done a Citizens Bank bonus?

I am but it's the wrong time of year. If it was just DH and I the birthday coupon would put us ahead, but since we'll have 5 people TIW will save more. Technically you aren't supposed to be able to use them together.

I am OCD... we use YNAB. So I have a travel category and under it I have sub categories.
Travel fund, which is a generic one where all travel cash goes ie bank bonuses, swagbucks, extra cash, etc, plus I budget an amount towards it each month.
Any trip that is actively being planned/anything paid for (even the $5.60 SW fees) gets its own line so I can track the cash cost.
Annual Fees category for, well, annual fees :D
Disney GC category for my stash
Also Hotels.com GC category because I stash those on and off.

All of these categories are treated the same as I assign things in the budget to them as they come, like AFs or if I get a Disney GC deal, or pay something for a trip. If there are any refunds or credits or something (like an AMEX offer or A+ eraser), that goes against its category too. Then at the end of the month if any of the categories are negative, I cover the balance with the generic travel fund.

Yup it's super crazy OCD :rotfl: But YNAB makes it fairly easy overall and I can go back and see what cash OOP I spent on a trip and how much I've spent on AFs for the year. Oh and also anything I pay extra for, like if I pay through plastiq and pay a fee, or if I buy a Visa or MCGC at the store to use somewhere because I'm earning extra URs, gets charged against the generic travel fund. So those fees aren't split out necessarily but I can easily scroll through that category in YNAB and pick

I use YNAB and have pretty much the same setup as you. I love it and it saves me so much time over my previous spreadsheet. I still keep a sheet to track credit cards (new, existing, closed), credit limits, and MSR/SUB but that doesn’t need constant updating.

We were upgraded from regular rooms to connecting dvc studios at the poly back in 2017. Loved the rooms so much more than the regular rooms!
Maybe I need to give them a try sometime, then. Probably on a short MK heavy trip. I really do love the theming, but those room...

Dh received a Citizens Bank mailer today ($400 or $200, depending on the account type, plus $100 for 5 debit transactions) but I cannot find any info in the fine print about how long the account would need to be kept open :coffee: It just says "have a qualifying direct deposit post to the new account within 60 days of the account open date" and one cannot have had an account within the past 6 months.

Who has done a Citizens Bank bonus?

I did! It credited easily but I kept it open

Gak! DH got the pop-up! He has a purchase coming up, so thought I'd get the Aspire for him. He has the Rose Gold, which he uses regularly for restaurants. The Hilton Biz, I spread out the MSR over 3 statements (last of the 3 was a little less). 2 statements past MSR, I put about $20 on each. The Marriott Biz is only 1 statement past MSR, I put $30 on it. His old BCE, I've only used minimally for offers. Under the guess that the old cards don't matter, but maybe that's wrong. Just took the upgrade offer to BCP, so will be putting at least $1000 spend on it (come out ahead $250 upgrade - $95 AF). Gave DH the Hilton Biz to put his purchase on. So, guess I'll see if I can get the pop-up to go away!

Now I'm curious if I'll get the pop-up too (knock on wood). Thinking if I should apply for BBP 10k SUB +15k support, no AF. Or Green Biz and hope for an upgrade offer later. Not sure if I want more cards to keep track of spend on though....

Ugh the dreaded pop up. Let us know if you get it to go away!

Looking at the Citi AA biz app, do I need to put social security in the tax id box ? It says optional so wasn't sure if I need to put it in there or just in the lower section that says SS specifically.

Does anyone have a Capital One auto loan (or I guess other loan as well)? I was thinking about paying off our car loan since it's down to a little over $4,000 and was looking into using plastiq to complete most of the spending on one of our new Arrival+ cards.

I usually pay through auto pay that just comes straight out of our checking. I logged into the website and there is a fee for paying, but it looks like it's a flat rate of $3.45 no matter how much is paid. Just wondering if there is a reason that my Arrival+ card would be a problem?

Check your Plastiq accounts to see if you were targeted for a 1.5% fee promo (all card issuers) until June 30.

I didn’t receive the email and just did a test payment on a stored Amex card and it’s showing 1.5% fee. It does appear targeted as I tried the same on P2’s account and it showed 2.5% as usual.

Knock out the rest of my Citi AA Biz for 1.5%, why not. How long until I can try for Citi AA Biz #2 :rolleyes1

Whoohooo! I finally got a promo!!!

Does anyone have a Capital One auto loan (or I guess other loan as well)? I was thinking about paying off our car loan since it's down to a little over $4,000 and was looking into using plastiq to complete most of the spending on one of our new Arrival+ cards.

I usually pay through auto pay that just comes straight out of our checking. I logged into the website and there is a fee for paying, but it looks like it's a flat rate of $3.45 no matter how much is paid. Just wondering if there is a reason that my Arrival+ card would be a problem?

View attachment 409148
That is a nice low fee for such a big payment. Just to be extra safe, I'd lower your cash advance limit with your Arrival+ card first before making the payment.

No - I cancelled the first one earlier this year (after keeping for 2 years). I do however have 2 plats now - this new biz one and the "vanilla" personal.

Ah, I was thinking that if you had 2 Biz Plats concurrently, you could use the two cards' $100 Dell credit on the same transaction since Dell allows you to put a purchase on up to 3 different cards.

With the current limits he is still under 50%, but he SM to lower Disney cards to $5k and CIP1 will be closing after referral points post and statement closes in a week. That should put him well under 20% CL with chase. How long after closing CIP1 and lower CL should he wait before applying for one of these?
$8k in 3 months is doable for us.

I don't have either CSP or CSR just CF. No business either. I am at 4/24 will be at 2/24 in September. Im thinking either one onf us can apply using an link from someone and then we can just refer the other. Just not sure which is better and if $450 AF on two cards is good.

It looks like he just got CIP2. I would definitely not go for a double dip so soon for him. Have you told us the spacing of all of both of your cards? That might help also. You are usually locked out of Sapphires after getting one of them, but with the double dip there is a way to apply for them both within a set amount of time to get both. Are you sure you don't have any kind of side business? Selling old clothes or anything? Because him referring you to the CIP would give you the most points, especially if you are 4/24 right now. If you just want one of the Sapphires, I think the best bet would be to get a CSP and then refer the other to get more points. Then you could upgrade one of them to CSR after a year.

With Amex, who knows? I'm nervous every time I submit a new application that this time must be when I get the pop up. **Knock on wood!**

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter