• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing some research for a future vacation with my family of 5, 2 adults 3 kids. I'm looking into the Hyatt Ziva hotels. It seems I am only able to get points availability when searching for 2 people in a room. As soon as I look at 3 or more, all Hyatt award availability disappers.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Do I need to call to make a reservation with more than 2 in a room?

Pretty sure almost all of them are +12,500 per additional child but they also most likely have a 4 person max occupancy which is creating the error.

I have found my people! I have a whole box of different papers, and if I run out of a color I refill... never mind I may have 12 more rolls :laughing:

And so I don't lose my cheapie cheap badge - I mostly get it on after holidays clearance :D

I did forget to mention that half of the 20-25 rolls are from the holiday clearance :goodvibes

This is me too! I have 3 long wrapping paper tubs that I keep all the wrapping and tissue paper in and then another 3 regular tubs that have bows and bags and ribbon. I love buying Christmas paper and making all the gifts look fun and festive.

:grouphug:party::dance3:

Tried to cancel U-verse TV to take advantage of Amex $100 ATT Fiber offer, we have ATT Fiber 100 for $50 + U-verse TV for $19. I was able to upgrade to Fiber 300 and save $10/month via chat but had to cancel TV via phone. They called me so I didn't have to be on hold. Talked to a couple of people asked why I was cancelling TV, was completely honest and said we haven't turned on our TV box in MONTHS. And even though it was $1 cheaper to keep the TV, the fees were $10 more so I wanted to cancel. This morning my ATT bill was $87, it's now $47 and we have faster internet. woohoo.

One of my Xmas 'gifts' is to go see 'Come From Away' at the Kennedy Center over the holiday. DD paid for the tickets but I put them on my account and chose front orchestra seats. This was me letting them know what I would like for Xmas, hint hint and even though I didn't pay, I did the buying and wrapping, lol! Still love this gift!

Just checked and for all 23 performances, there are only 6 tickets showing still available over 5 different days, 2 tickets being available tonight, which is opening night. Basically it's a sellout and I'm glad I didn't pick tonight to go as I'm a bit under the weather. We will see it the Friday after Xmas.

One of my Xmas 'gifts' is to go see 'Come From Away' at the Kennedy Center over the holiday. DD paid for the tickets but I put them on my account and chose front orchestra seats. This was me letting them know what I would like for Xmas, hint hint and even though I didn't pay, I did the buying and wrapping, lol! Still love this gift!

Just checked and for all 23 performances, there are only 6 tickets showing still available over 5 different days, 2 tickets being available tonight, which is opening night. Basically it's a sellout and I'm glad I didn't pick tonight to go as I'm a bit under the weather. We will see it the Friday after Xmas.

We've seen Come From Away three times here in the city and absolutely adore it. Bring tissues! The show is only about 100 mins and we cried for 90 of them.

A question re:booking ANA flights with Virgin Atlantic if anyone has a couple minutes...

Right now I believe there’s a 30% transfer bonus for transferring MR to VS that expires 12/28. I want to book two ANA roundtrip flights for January 2021, which means I would need 240k miles so I can book around Feb 2020. Should I speculatively take advantage of the transfer bonus for the hard-won 130k MR I have banked even though I haven’t been able to check availability or even get the two weeks of PTO approved yet? I have been saving MR specifically for this trip.

Appreciate any help! (Edit: Question #2 I answered myself with a little googling)

You mean he goes to giant iggle. Did he get his buggy?

I have to go back and re watch this again.

Just another little tidbit of football for anyone that is interested. Raymond Herman Boone former TC Williams football coach has died. (Local Virginia school) His story was the basis for the film 'Remember the Titans'. This is 'old' history, from late 60ties early 70ties. It's news here in the DMV.
edit: Correction - it was Herman Boone.

Last edited:
We got our second HOA fees sent to us. They charge $14.95 to pay with a credit card!!! It’s 7-8% of the bill. That is crazy
They must not want to incur the costs of CC processing and the potential costs and hassle of chargebacks. For many organizations and businesses they place significant charges on CC business in lieu of passing those costs along to everybody. How large of a bill is this and how often is it paid?

I have to go back and re watch this again.

Just another little tidbit of football for anyone that is interested. Raymond Boone - former TC Williams football coach has died. (Local Virginia school) His story was the basis for the film 'Remember the Titans'. This is 'old' history, from late 60ties early 70ties. It's news here in the DMV.
Wow. I love that movie!

My mom app'd for a SW Performance and got the 7-10 day message. She called and it was verification. They want business address and business tax ID verification. I walked her through the app and she applied as Sole Proprietor with her first and last name only. Any ideas how to answer them?

I CANNOT wait to see that, it's part of our season this spring. I saw the documentary that they aired in theaters on 911, and it was so amazing.

I CANNOT wait to see that, it's part of our season this spring. I saw the documentary that they aired in theaters on 911, and it was so amazing.

Yes. I've been waiting for a long time now.

They must not want to incur the costs of CC processing and the potential costs and hassle of chargebacks. For many organizations and businesses they place significant charges on CC business in lieu of passing those costs along to everybody. How large of a bill is this and how often is it paid?
It’s paid one or twice a year and it’s $195. We’re just gonna mail a check. We just recently did $400 in serve so we’re saying that’s going towards it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter