I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that have a $30 off $100 Hanna Andersson on an AmEx card, they are having a 30% off clearance sale prices (prices as marked). Very cute summery things.

I gave up. I was going to go ahead and wait on hold to see if someone could help me find the discounted rate but after a little over an hour... I gave up.

First world problems, to be sure.

ANYWAY... I'm still going to WDW in November and that's exciting!
Does your reservation have a Change Reservation button? Or as mentioned above, book the new one as soon as you see it again and then cancel the other one. I avoid calling Disney at all costs.

I had a flight to MCO on 10/17, booked one for DH several weeks later for the same flight. Today he gets a change email, I did not. Apparently they just booted him off that flight (8 AM) but left me on it. They moved him to a nonstop at 3:40 because it was the same # of points, but I was able to switch him to the noon non-stop which was about 4000 more RR. Then I called SW to see if my 8 AM flight was really still there, she said yes, and I had her switch me to the noon one for free. Didn't think about the free change, possibly I could have done it myself?

Going to try again in a few weeks for a CFU from DH's support link. I was denied last time at 4/24, but they brought up an inquiry for a CL change when I PC'd. I've dropped to only 1 new card in the last 6 months now so I'm hoping that does the trick. I already have 2 CF's, one I've had forever and one I PC'd to. It seems the CFF has all of the CF perks and then extra, no need to keep both a CFF and a CF that I can see, so I will probably PC the old one and get rid of the newer one eventually. If I get the CFU and sign-up bonus I'll be happy.

September rolled in and now I'm (officially) 3/24. Will soon be 2/24 and by December, 1/24. I actually thought 2 cards were dropping in July but I checked and I didn't get the bonus on one until August and the other on Sept 2nd.

The last card won't drop until March of 2019.

'Almost' don't want to pull the trigger.

I feel 'light', lol!

DS just had a hard time opening his student account. He did a $2000 transfer from our credit union and it was not only rejected they closed his brand new account. :confused3 So he opened another and this time I wrote a check so he could mobile deposit it and he did that on 9/1 and it said funds would be available 9/11! It was very frustrating. I think the funds are actually in there now, not sure why there was so much issue. I referred him to the first account so I suppose we lose on that $50 finders fee since it was closed. He got all the paperwork and the debit card still sent to him for both accounts, hopefully he threw out the right ones. I let him take care of it all, so I am just going by what he told me. He also tried to pull the money because our CU had no way to push it. Maybe that is the issue? There is a limit though and I do think you are over, I thought it was $5000 and maybe $2000 for checks. You should double check on that.

ETA - see this now? I could swear I saw the other numbers the other day when we were trying to figure out DSs problem.
BankACH Transfer Amount Limits
Chase$10,000 per transaction or $25,000 per day

That's crazy that they closed his account! It seems like they shouldn't make it so difficult to fund an account, and their customer service reps would have more knowledge of how these things should be handled. Thanks for finding those amounts, I was under both of those amounts so I don't think that was the issue (but who knows for sure).

The usual recommendation is to push. You'll have to link the Chase account first (from BoA and Discover). BoA/Discover will do trial deposits to verify the account, it'll take a few days. There shouldn't be a fee. At least I've never seen any on any accounts, including my BoA. If you see a fee, maybe you're looking at a wire?

Thank you for the advice! I went ahead and added the Chase account into my BoA account (waiting for the test deposits to go through to finish up the verification). Discover let me add the Chase account and go ahead and schedule the transfer, but the money won't be available for a week. Hopefully pushing to Chase does the trick and everything winds up where it's supposed to in time. 🤞🤞🤞

For those that have a $30 off $100 Hanna Andersson on an AmEx card, they are having a 30% off clearance sale prices (prices as marked). Very cute summery things.

Does your reservation have a Change Reservation button? Or as mentioned above, book the new one as soon as you see it again and then cancel the other one. I avoid calling Disney at all costs.

Pretty sure the dapper days deal is booked through groups so it all has to be done via phone and they can't book regular stuff so it'd be a lot of phone time right now. But even with a change I'd book and then cancel so you don't lose the 1st rez if the deal is gone once you get through the process.

Sadly, no. It was a Dapper Days rate so there was no online change option.... as you see below because @afan beat me to it! :rotfl:

Pretty sure the dapper days deal is booked through groups so it all has to be done via phone and they can't book regular stuff so it'd be a lot of phone time right now. But even with a change I'd book and then cancel so you don't lose the 1st rez if the deal is gone once you get through the process.

Yes indeedy!

I will keep checking back, though!

I still standby the old "every 3 months" line. There's definitely a little more scrutiny with all issuers right now around new accounts. There are theories that Chase has implemented some new rules but nothing seems to have been proven as a hard and fast rule. For folks in 2 player mode, if you can alternate cards every 2 months, (meaning you're actually spacing out each player by 4 months), you'll probably find a fair amount of success.

Of course this is going to mean you aren't "always MSRing" - so having good everyday earning cards to use in between those MSRs might become more important. CFF and/or CFU seem to be good candidates to fit that need. Honestly, strategies are all over the place right now, it's not an "easy" time to churn as there's no one-size-fits-all strategy currently.

Sadly, I think I am in permanent 1P mode!

Thanks for the thoughts. I do have the Amex BBP so I am not necessarily in need of an "every day" card, but I think overall I am going to be more of a Chase person than an Amex person (especially because Amex is probably gonna get mad when I cancel my Hilton Biz card in a couple days).

I need help planning our first USO trip, do we need a car? I really don't want to pay $112 in parking fees, but if I need a car then I guess I'll pay it.
I've tried to book 2 one-way car rentals but I couldn't get it to work on the Chase portal.

What do you all recommend?

I need help planning our first USO trip, do we need a car? I really don't want to pay $112 in parking fees, but if I need a car then I guess I'll pay it.
I've tried to book 2 one-way car rentals but I couldn't get it to work on the Chase portal.

I'd say that it depends on what you plan to do in the evenings. If you are staying on-site and you feel that CityWalk and your resort will provide adequate dining/entertainment, you definitely don't need a car.

I have some good news! I was finally able to book the Waldorf Astoria Maldives for our trip next May :yay::yay:. I had to re-work the trip again (going in reverse this time), but it will be worth it. I decided to do an 8 night stay in a king overwater villa (3,524 square feet), which is their base room (the beach villa was made the next category up). Cash rate averages $1,550.00 / night, so the Aspire card pays off in spades! I booked 6 nights on points and 2 with a FNC. I have been stalking the Hilton site for a few months waiting for the nights to open up (I may have had a bit of help here :flower3:, for which I am very grateful)

Before heading to the Maldives we are going to spend 6 nights in London. I booked 5 nights at the Conrad on points (5th night free); unfortunately the 6th night wasn't available on points, so I booked it as a cash reservation and will watch to see if it opens up.

Our final leg of the journey will be at the Fullerton Bay Hotel in Singapore. This will be a pure cash reservation, but it should be worth it.

I was able to get the same Eva Air flight home (the one that we had booked going to Singapore, but in reverse); we will fly Singapore to Taipei on a Hello Kitty Plane (YAY!!!) and Taipei to Toronto in business class, which should net us some pjs!

I have to cancel our flights on Qatar from Male to London via Doha and book them in reverse. This should be the last bit of work left. Luckily for us there are seats in business class on Qatar!

Last edited:
Michigan peeps @havaneselover @LilSweetPeaPhoto (and anyone else I forgot), any recommendations for places in Michigan to see the leaves and get away? I am thinking of an October 4 day weekend either driving to Michigan or Kentucky. Trying to research a few spots and then decide. Looking for views, close to some hiking. My plan is for a VRBO cabin or house to avoid people as much as possible . Though I am comfortable with limited time in stores so nearby quaint shopping is another plus.

I never needed a car. But I stay in the bubble between the hotels and CityWalk. I like visiting the other resorts. I am also a early to bed so not much need for nightlife to entertain me. If there is enough at Citywalk to entertain you then a car isn't necessary.

I have some good news! I was finally able to book the Waldorf Astoria Maldives for our trip next May :yay::yay:. I had to re-work the trip again (going in reverse this time), but it will be worth it. I decided to do an 8 night stay in a king overwater villa (3,524 square feet), which is their base room (the beach villa was made the next category up). Cash rate averages $1,550.00 / night, so the Aspire card pays off in spades! I booked 6 nights on points and 2 with a FNC. I have been stalking the Hilton site for a few months waiting for the nights to open up (I may have had a bit of help here :flower3:, for which I am very grateful)

Before heading to the Maldives we are going to spend 6 nights in London. I booked 5 nights at the Conrad on points (5th night free); unfortunately the 6th night wasn't available on points, so I booked it as a cash reservation and will watch to see if it opens up.

Our final leg of the journey will be at the Fullerton Bay Hotel in Singapore. This will be a pure cash reservation, but it should be worth it.

I was able to get the same Eva Air flight home (the one that we had booked going to Singapore, but in reverse); we will fly Singapore to Taipei on a Hello Kitty Plane (YAY!!!) and Taipei to Toronto in business class, which should net us some pjs!

I have to cancel our flights on Qatar from Male to London via Doha and book them in reverse. This should be the last bit of work left. Luckily for us there are seats in business class on Qatar!

❤ ❤ ❤ The base rooms are overwater! It's on my list to do overwater somewhere, lol.

Hello Kitty plane - even the barf bags are branded. I still have them. :rotfl:

Michigan peeps @havaneselover @LilSweetPeaPhoto (and anyone else I forgot), any recommendations for places in Michigan to see the leaves and get away? I am thinking of an October 4 day weekend either driving to Michigan or Kentucky. Trying to research a few spots and then decide. Looking for views, close to some hiking. My plan is for a VRBO cabin or house to avoid people as much as possible . Though I am comfortable with limited time in stores so nearby quaint shopping is another plus.
I’m very partial to petoskey/harbor springs. My parents are staying up here late (mid-October) and are really looking forward to seeing the fall colors. Usually they leave in early September.

I will say people up here are generally good about wearing masks but some restaurant servers are wearing mouth shields and no masks which is not making me feel super safe. But I do feel safe in stores. And cases are low (compared with central Virginia).

I’m very partial to petoskey/harbor springs. My parents are staying up here late (mid-October) and are really looking forward to seeing the fall colors. Usually they leave in early September.

I will say people up here are generally good about wearing masks but some restaurant servers are wearing mouth shields and no masks which is not making me feel super safe. But I do feel safe in stores. And cases are low (compared with central Virginia).
Thanks. I’ll check out that area.
I haven’t eaten in a restaurant Since March. I would do takeout or just take groceries and cook. I really don’t mind cooking on vacation. We’ve done some small day trips from home this summer. I feel like I just need a vacation where I leave the house for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter