I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check your Amex offers, DH has the following on his Brilliant
Offer merchant logo

Spend $100 or more, get $10 back. Up to 2 times (total of $20).
Amazon.com
Thanks for posting this! I have this on my BCP only it’s spend $50 or more, get $10 back. Up to 2 times.

Yes, thank you for posting! I had the spend $40 get $10 back on my Hilton Surpass!

You actually have to book Marriott certificates online in your name only. The terms on the cert state they're not transferable. However, you should be able to call and add another person as also checking in with you so they'll be able to use it. As for multiple on the same night, not sure about that, but my guess is you'll have to call.

I have booked multiple rooms a few times. I have them in my name but one of the rooms is for my brother. We are traveling and checking in together so won't matter.

Does anyone have a site they use for Kohls codes? I can't find the Slickdeals Official Page anymore. Loved that they just had a list of upcoming codes.

I agree with @palhockeymomof2 and @happ and the advice they have given you. I always charge a flat shipping rate - first class (between $4 and $5.75 covers pretty much everywhere) and then $8.50 for priority and I use the flat rate padded envelope. For coins and pocket knives, you can probably use the flat rate small box as the easiest method. Definitely pay your postage through ebay as it will save you quite a bit and it uploads the tracking automatically. Your fees for ebay will be about 12.9%+0.30 although they may fluctuate a % or 2 because they are changing some of their payment methods. If you don't have a paypal, get one. Look at sold listings of your exact item including condition so you can price accordingly. For something very valuable, maybe try a local coin shop to avoid the inherent risk of selling to a stranger on the internet. My son took up coin collecting as a hobby this quarantine - he has gone through relatives, friends, and neighbors coin bottles, boxes, bags. We discovered that coin shops still exist and he's now visited those too. Very old school.

This trip - and your redemptions - is AMAZING. Are your redemptions for flights per person? For the WA Maldives, is that 600k total or per night? I only see 550 - 600k per night on their site and if it is per night, any advice on accumulating that amount of HH points? I'm a little over 200k and thought I was doing great. :D
The point cost was 120,000 / night and with Hilton when you stay 5 nights on points the 5th night is free. I had some help (from a source that will remain anonymous) to get the rate of 120,000 points / night. I had been searching and waiting for over 3 months for the points rate for our time period to drop. When I was told that our original date of May 3 - 10 likely wouldn't happen, but the 13-20th could happen, I changed our plans.

To get the required points I picked up the Aspire and the Hilton biz. Dh booked his staff at staff at a local Embassy Suites last year for his annual holiday party and I was able to get a few hundred thousand points by putting the stay on my Aspire. The Aspire is a keeper card for me. The 3 FNCs were earned as follows: 2 from the Aspire and 1 from spending $15,000.00 points on the Hilton biz (I will keep this one because I can put our property taxes on it every year and earn a free night).

The points for flights are for my dd and I (total).

I dropped dd off at university on the weekend. Due to social distancing requirements it was an arduous process. She had chosen a day and time (Saturday from 1 - 4). Room keys had to be picked up at the football stadium from her car (I had to wait in mine off to the side). We were then told to wait until 2 people left the building so we could proceed there. Parking was a nightmare -- we both had to wait for spots when we got there (I had to parallel park her car as she isn't comfortable doing it yet :sad2:). Once parked we were told we had to unload and move our vehicles in 30 minutes. Oh my gosh what a rush this was as my huge SUV was packed and her crossover 'trunk' was also full. Right at the 30 min mark my phone started ringing telling me to move the cars. Thankfully we had managed to get everything but 2 suitcases (clothes) into her room.

I stayed overnight in her university town at a Marriott property and am now, for the first time ever, a Platinum member! I want to talk about parking at this hotel. The teeny-tiny garage was under the hotel and clearly wasn't built for the full-size SUVs of today. It was a nightmare; I drove around twice and couldn't get a spot. Man was that parking lot tight. It was just awful and I am used to parking my SUV in garages in downtown Toronto. I ended up finding free parking a block away. When I checked in I asked the agent about parking -- he said they have an 'overflow' lot; it would've been nice to have known about that in advance (like when they sent me a pre-arrival e-mail). Anyhow when I checked out I noticed that they charged me $25.00 for parking :mad:. Felt like rubbing salt in a wound, especially since I had let the front desk clerk know that I couldn't get a spot under the hotel and had to park a block away. When I go to see her in 2 weeks I will be using the free lot (it belongs to an insurance company but they allow the public to use it free of charge on weekends) as it's a short walk from the hotel and well, free.

I dropped dd off at university on the weekend. Due to social distancing requirements it was an arduous process. She had chosen a day and time (Saturday from 1 - 4). Room keys had to be picked up at the football stadium from her car (I had to wait in mine off to the side). We were then told to wait until 2 people left the building so we could proceed there. Parking was a nightmare -- we both had to wait for spots when we got there (I had to parallel park her car as she isn't comfortable doing it yet :sad2:). Once parked we were told we had to unload and move our vehicles in 30 minutes. Oh my gosh what a rush this was as my huge SUV was packed and her crossover 'trunk' was also full. Right at the 30 min mark my phone started ringing telling me to move the cars. Thankfully we had managed to get everything but 2 suitcases (clothes) into her room.

I stayed overnight in her university town at a Marriott property and am now, for the first time ever, a Platinum member! I want to talk about parking at this hotel. The teeny-tiny garage was under the hotel and clearly wasn't built for the full-size SUVs of today. It was a nightmare; I drove around twice and couldn't get a spot. Man was that parking lot tight. It was just awful and I am used to parking my SUV in garages in downtown Toronto. I ended up finding free parking a block away. When I checked in I asked the agent about parking -- he said they have an 'overflow' lot; it would've been nice to have known about that in advance (like when they sent me a pre-arrival e-mail). Anyhow when I checked out I noticed that they charged me $25.00 for parking :mad:. Felt like rubbing salt in a wound, especially since I had let the front desk clerk know that I couldn't get a spot under the hotel and had to park a block away. When I go to see her in 2 weeks I will be using the free lot (it belongs to an insurance company but they allow the public to use it free of charge on weekends) as it's a short walk from the hotel and well, free.

I don't remember the hotel, was pre churning days, but this sounds like the awful garage at the place I stayed in Edmonton. I haf a reg rental car and it was still tight getting in and out if it was even close to full. Thankfully there were places I had planned to walk to in the evening so I didn't have to get a spot late in the day. I do wonder with some of these parking places, I know cars have gotten much smaller since the 50s and 60s when so many were boats, but do they just not care if people can fit today's normal size cars.

If you had to pay cash for a Hilton hotel under a block rate, which card would you use? (I hate "stay to play" tournaments!)

Potential travel goals: Grand Wailea in Hawaii 2021 or more likely 22 so trying to get HH points/nights.

Surpass (has an offer of 1000 base points each time you spend $1000 which I am sort of using for non-bonus spend)
Amex Gold
CSR (I tend to cash out UR to cover cash travel)

Would a block rate still earn HH points for the stay? I am still Diamond from my Aspire, P2 is Gold.

The AF for my CIP just was charged, and I think I should PC it to the CIU because I already have a CIC. Does that seem like the best thing to do? Also, all of my UR's are sitting on this card. I'm assuming it's ok to leave them there if I PC it? I don't have any other CIP's or a CSP/CSR to move them to right now. Should I go ahead and move them to my CIC just in case they accidentally close the card instead of product changing it? Thanks!

Thanks! Got it on my Bonvoy Amex, and only that one Amex out of 16 cards.

Same here, and $10 off $100. I might've used a $10 off 40 or 50, but not getting much of anything from Amazon.

We are doing takeout from Texas de Brazil tonight. I had an Amex offer but it's gone. Got a $20 off offer from them, so we will get a feast tonight- didn't do anything much yesterday, and were going to order from them - but they were closed yesterday.

Daughter (the meat eater) really likes the place, and I'm looking forward to dessert - bananas foster pie. I may eat that first.

We are picking up in Fairfax as the DC location is closed.

The AF for my CIP just was charged, and I think I should PC it to the CIU because I already have a CIC. Does that seem like the best thing to do? Also, all of my UR's are sitting on this card. I'm assuming it's ok to leave them there if I PC it? I don't have any other CIP's or a CSP/CSR to move them to right now. Should I go ahead and move them to my CIC just in case they accidentally close the card instead of product changing it? Thanks!
I like the precautionary idea of moving them to CIC first. It’s not necessary but I’d still do it. And then PC to a CIC or a CIU. Either one works and keeps that credit line open for now in case a use presents itself down the line.

If you had to pay cash for a Hilton hotel under a block rate, which card would you use? (I hate "stay to play" tournaments!)

Potential travel goals: Grand Wailea in Hawaii 2021 or more likely 22 so trying to get HH points/nights.

Surpass (has an offer of 1000 base points each time you spend $1000 which I am sort of using for non-bonus spend)
Amex Gold
CSR (I tend to cash out UR to cover cash travel)

Would a block rate still earn HH points for the stay? I am still Diamond from my Aspire, P2 is Gold.
If you have the Aspire, definitely use it at a Hilton. I believe it's 17x spend.

Used my two free hilton nights for a weekend stay in the Outer Banks this past weekend. Had a good time, we had never been. It was a hampton inn, right on the beach, which was all I needed. Not a fan of the grab and go breakfast, but it was convenient to just grab a bag of food and bring it back to the room while everyone was sleeping (late risers in my family). Overall nice time, I'd go back for free. :D

Still have Amex Small Biz offers?

Fluz app has Disney gift cards, minimum $15. So far every GC I've purchased from them has been credited the Small Biz Offer. That makes it 33+% off. Last week I purchased Sams/WM to purchase DGC, but I need more and we leave Fri. I was able to add this DGC to my account and combine to another card so their are not store only cards.

I have a Fluz link and info on Dischurners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter