I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm dying with all these card offers and this damn refi! They just got back to me again. The underwriter is not happy with the $25k I took from Discover to Simple and back to Discover this year. They keep asking me for more and more statements. I've explained SEVERAL times over what I did, I said it was for a better interest rate, not a bank bonus, LOL. I really hate underwriting. When I went through the process to assume the VA loan, they said it would take 3 mos tops, it took nearly 18mos! And just when I was finally approved they sold me to another company so I had to wait while they took it over and processed the rest of the process. The "fun" part was we were in the divorce, so we had paid our lawyer about $1800 to create documents we needed to try and get the assumption before the divorce was final. Because we weren't sure he'd qualify for a loan while still on the house. Luckily he did, because it took them FOREVER!

I HATE UNDERWRITING!

The Amex small biz offer.....I used it at a local restaurant. My bill was $24.51 and I show a $25 credit from the same place. I did get emails about the various liquor stores triggering the offer. So did Amex just combine several stores into that credit? I counted them up, and it could be the restaurant plus the 4 liquor stores. Also how long is it taking places to post? I've had 2 places I used my card that show up on the small business listings, but I never got an email saying it was triggered. I have redeemed $30 (posted) but I used in those two other places listed on the website. I want to use the rest of the credits ASAP if these other places aren't going to trigger the offers.

Yes, they have combined my offers several times.

I've been thinking about cancelling my WF rewards visa and they just sent me an offer for 10% off up to $40 on one grocery or restaurant purchase. I guess my card is coming out of the sock drawer and making a trip with me to Kroger this week.

$40 bucks is 40 bucks. Do you pay a fee on that one?

I chickened out of booking my tickets to Europe for next summer. So much uncertainty I don't know what to do. If I book United and get stuck with three $1,000 vouchers, I'm not sure what I'll do with them.
I agree that at this point it's better to wait. I have a trip booked for November (Israel, not Europe) but I am dreading that conversation with united!

No. For a short period (maybe 3-6 months) it had a ton of really good deals. Then it hasn't had anything for a few years.

Thanks for posting this! I finally gave up hope a while ago of there ever being any decent offers. I used to check several times a week for new offers. You're right, there was a short period of time a few years back with some really amazing deals and then nothing. My WF card is my oldest card so I'll never close it.

Guys... I'm sorry. But I'm DONE with this game. You are all exploiting poor people and I can't be a part of this anymore!! My conscience has finally caught up with me! Click here for why:

🤣 :rotfl2::rotfl:😂🤣:rotfl2::rotfl:🤣:rotfl2::rotfl:😂
... as if I even have a conscience!! Totally kidding, but that guy and his comment is a bit of a hoot!

What level of troll do you have to be to say, "hmmm I think today I'll go into some credit card subreddit that I've never commented in before and stir up trouble"...

Last edited:
Guys... I'm sorry. But I'm DONE with this game. You are all exploiting poor people and I can't be a part of this anymore!! My conscience has finally caught up with me! Click here for why:

🤣 :rotfl2::rotfl:😂🤣:rotfl2::rotfl:🤣:rotfl2::rotfl:😂
... as if I even have a conscience!! Totally kidding, but that guy and his comment is a bit of a hoot!

What level of troll do you have to be to say, "hmmm I think today I'll go into some credit card subreddit that I've never commented in before and stir up trouble"...

All this time, I thought we were exploiting the banks. 🤔

Can anyone comment on how often Southwest does the deal where you can change your flight without paying the fare difference? I need to change an October flight for my dad by just 2 days and it's $134 more. Just wondering if I should go ahead and do it or wait for an opening?

Excellent news! Thanks for sharing and I added this to the news thread.

Here's the DoC post for those interested in that format: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chas...ts-signup-bonus-with-4000-spend-public-offer/

If you recently were approved for a CSP on the 60k bonus, it is definitely worth sending a SM to Chase asking to be matched! Report back here with your results so others know if it works or not!
I'm wondering if I should ask to be matched with the 80k offer. I was approved for the CSP on 8/17 and I have not met MSR yet.
I would ask Chase in a heartbeat if this wasn't a part of a MDD.
Does anyone think that it could cause unwanted eyes on all of my accounts and see that I just did the MDD and close one of my cards if I were to ask for the match?
If I do ask Chase, would it be better if I called instead of sending a sm?

I'm wondering if I should ask to be matched with the 80k offer. I was approved for the CSP on 8/17 and I have not met MSR yet.
Does anyone think that it could cause unwanted eyes on all of my accounts and see that I just did the MDD and close one of my cards if I were to ask for the match?
Not part of a MDD, but earlier this year I SM Chase asking for a match on an increased SW offer they told me to SM back after I met the MSR. Once I did they matched...not sure if they will do it with this offer though

I’ll copy and paste what I said to somebody else the other day in a private conversation:

You are asking a very good question... and I don't have a great answer for it. If I were in your shoes, I would wait a week or so and see if any DPs come in of other people receiving the match. If most people are receiving the match, then I'd go for it. There is a small amount of risk that you get unwanted eyes on your account... but a match would be worth 20,000 points... How do you feel about it?

Basically, until you see a streak of positive DPs I’d steer clear. As of now people are being told no, which is typical this quickly after an elevated offer comes out. Hopefully that’ll change in a few days and we’ll see more YES answers. When the time comes to attempt it, SM is the way to go if you think it’s worth attempting.

I’ll copy and paste what I said to somebody else the other day in a private conversation:

You are asking a very good question... and I don't have a great answer for it. If I were in your shoes, I would wait a week or so and see if any DPs come in of other people receiving the match. If most people are receiving the match, then I'd go for it. There is a small amount of risk that you get unwanted eyes on your account... but a match would be worth 20,000 points... How do you feel about it?

Basically, until you see a streak of positive DPs I’d steer clear. As of now people are being told no, which is typical this quickly after an elevated offer comes out. Hopefully that’ll change in a few days and we’ll see more YES answers. When the time comes to attempt it, SM is the way to go if you think it’s worth attempting.
Thanks, good advice! I'll wait with my fingers crossed that there are several positive DP's for others. I will then need to decide if the risk is worth it to me or not. It would be great if anyone hears of others that were able to get the match and also had a MDD.

Agree...should of been clearer that I wouldn’t ask for the match until the MSR was met and by then there may be DPs on chase matching or not..
Good to know. I don't anticipate meeting the MSR on this card until sometime in October when my property taxes should be posted. I don't usually pay them this early but I will to help with meeting the two MSR's. I've been putting the majority of my daily spend on the CSR.
So, if I'm within 90 days of approval it could still be considered for an adjustment of the signup bonus?

Does anyone use Youtube TV? Contract is up with Dish, time to do something else. Currently doing a trial of Youtube TV, curious of others thoughts/opinions. This has probably been discussed before, but I have been so busy I miss half of what goes on here :-)

I haven't had cable in many years. Have been using netflix, hulu, amazon and disney plus. But my parents recently got Youtube tv and gave me their password (they use my netflix, hulu and amazon :rotfl: ) and I'm hooked. Watch it everyday and I never use to be much of a tv watcher. But it's expensive and I wouldn't want to pay for it, in addition to the streaming services that we already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter