• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
are these posting quick enough to still meet the 9/20 deadline?

I have been away from this thread for so long that I just tried egifter this morning. I got the credit email right away and the charge is pending on my account. I have 18 more to go...not sure if I should pull the trigger on all those today. I was planning on getting Target GC's. Great for Christmas gifts!

The choice cards which can be combined. Basically it’s just a credit. Then I can cash a $100 in choice cards in for any card they have (except amazon or Walmart). I will probably end up using mine for Xbox gift cards since that’s how I pay ds for yard work.
I have been away from this thread for so long that I just tried egifter this morning. I got the credit email right away and the charge is pending on my account. I have 18 more to go...not sure if I should pull the trigger on all those today. I was planning on getting Target GC's. Great for Christmas gifts!

I have a few credits left so I purchased a $10 choice card on 9/15. The charge posted today but the $5 shop small credit has not (yet) posted--but when I was checking my AmEx account to see if it had, I noticed that the shop small offer says that the offer is good on purchases of "$10+" which makes me wonder if the purchase needs to be more than $10. I couldn't find anything in the fine print that explained what the purchase requirement is. Has anyone actually received credit for a $10 purchase?

I have a few credits left so I purchased a $10 choice card on 9/15. The charge posted today but the $5 shop small credit has not (yet) posted--but when I was checking my AmEx account to see if it had, I noticed that the shop small offer says that the offer is good on purchases of "$10+" which makes me wonder if the purchase needs to be more than $10. I couldn't find anything in the fine print that explained what the purchase requirement is. Has anyone actually received credit for a $10 purchase?
Yes. I got one $5 credit and one $15 credit.

And I read that as $10 or more, not more than $10.00.

I just did two $10 orders on e-gifter and have gotten the email from Amex that I earned $5

Have you had an order cancelled before? If so, did you do anything different to get the subsequent order to go through?
Nothing cancelled. I did have a few declined but I think that was an Amex issue. Then they wouldn't let me put them through for a few hours.

Oh this Choice cards, those are working too? And if I read write, they basically just build up in your account? I would like to get some chipotle, but you can only have one chipotle card in your chipotle app. So if I could get some choice and then get one large chipotle card, that would work well.

Oh this Choice cards, those are working too? And if I read write, they basically just build up in your account? I would like to get some chipotle, but you can only have one chipotle card in your chipotle app. So if I could get some choice and then get one large chipotle card, that would work well.
Yes. So just buy choice cards and it’s like a credit to buy a higher value card so you don’t have a ton of $10 gift cards. And choice works on anything but amazon and Walmart I believe.

Hi all! I vanished for a while there- just living my best life this summer! Ha ha- no, just kidding, I was stuck at home (or my parents' home) with the kids, Covid-style.

Question: How do you decide if you should use points vs paying cash for airfare? We are thinking of a trip out west on JetBlue next spring and while I have points to cover it, I think the cash price might be the better deal? 111,600 points (+$44 fees) vs. $1520- that means I'm getting 1.32 cents to the dollar right once I subtract the fees from the cash price? Is that considered good or crappy?

We don't have specific plans for future JetBlue flights, though I'm sure they will come up in the next few years. And I like the idea of the 6x the points for booking cash... I just don't know. I feel like I'm just hording the points when the whole point of this was to earn points to use! (I just started this whole points thing in May- we only have 128k between us!)

PS- Unrelated, I really hope the CSP referral tacks on that 80k extra big bonus! I have met my MSR, so I want to get him on before holiday shopping starts and before our 6% AmEx grocery bonus resets Jan 1! I'll take the straight 80k if necessary in October, but man it would be sweet to tack on the 15k too!

@elgerber I saw you recently rented an RV... Did you do a person-to-person rental like through Outdoorsy? Or did you go with a franchise like Cruise America? Our West Coast trip (and a mini trip I'm trying to slap together in 2 weeks) would be RV rentals and I'm curious about real world reviews.

Cruise America would be a lot cheaper in 2 weeks, but the reviews are SUPER mixed!

@elgerber I saw you recently rented an RV... Did you do a person-to-person rental like through Outdoorsy? Or did you go with a franchise like Cruise America? Our West Coast trip (and a mini trip I'm trying to slap together in 2 weeks) would be RV rentals and I'm curious about real world reviews.

Cruise America would be a lot cheaper in 2 weeks, but the reviews are SUPER mixed!
we went through RV Share, which is just like Outdoorsy. It was NOT cheap, the fees and insurance add a ton to the nightly fee. But I would do it again in a second!!! We got along so well with the owners, they agreed to let us rent directly from them some time in the future.

I got a $10 Chipotle card from Fluz recently. I didn't realize they're rather hard to use! Seems you can't use the GC balance plus a credit card online, so the order needs to be right at or under the GC. Figured out what I can order to get almost exactly $10, but will have to leave like $0.20 on the card. 🙄

I have 9 left on my sons log in, but it won't send me the verification to check out. Rather frustrating. I got codes for dh and dd's log ins but his won't come. I haven't tried my own log in yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter