I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered DD airpod pros from Costco for Christmas. My local post office got them 12/3. Then they were sent to a post office 60 miles north 12/5. Supposed to be delivered today but they weren't. I hate USPS.

Maybe they can blame it on the snow they had in Richmond. It made me shiver just watching it. It went way south of us so we haven't had any flakes yet. Snow blower is still in my shed. And, USPS - best not to get me started.

I love informed mail, though. I can see all the mail I don’t get.😂

informed mail makes me sad sometimes...
Dec 1, your package will come today!
Dec 2, actually, your package will come today!
Dec 3, actually actually, your package will come today!
Dec 4, actually actually actually, your package will come today!
Dec 5, something went wrong with your package, it is going back to the sender...

Ordered DD airpod pros from Costco for Christmas. My local post office got them 12/3. Then they were sent to a post office 60 miles north 12/5. Supposed to be delivered today but they weren't. I hate USPS.
I’m sorry that happened 😕 It must be based on where you live. USPS is always great for us. FedEx though...

The Keys are on our list for Spring Break in March and I have 3 nights at the Hyatt Centric in Key West for 75k and 5 nights at Hilton’s Curio Collection Baker’s Cay in Key Largo for 142k (taking advantage of the 5th night free.) I have flights to Miami since SW just started flying there.

It looks like DH has some room and could get the Hilton Aspire and that might give you enough points for 5 nights.

Hyatt Centric is what we were looking at in Key West - I think it's the only Hyatt that we can use point at during our stay. 25,000 seems like a lot per night, but it looks very nice. I still need to do some research to figure out where all we want to stay. We will probably still fly into FLL because they don't have any non-stops from STL to MIA like they do to FLL.

If you're not set on staying in Key West specifically, you may want to look at IHG card. We stayed in a Holiday Inn on Marathon that we loved. They had a restaurant/tiki bar right next door, pool and it was right on the water so it had more of a "resort" type feel. With a new signup bonus on the IHG Premier or free card, you could probably stay several nights. I think it was 15,000-20,000 pts a night for us, and we stayed 4 nights.

We have thought about making Marathon our "home base" since it seems centrally located for the keys, but haven't figured it all out yet. I didn't see a Holiday Inn in Marathon though. Do you think it could have changed to another name? Sounds like a lovely place!

I think we just have a really good mail man because some people in our neighborhood have been complaining about getting a new mail guy and everyone’s packages are ending up at different houses. We have the same guy we’ve always had

Our mail seems to only be delivered 3-4 times per week, despite informed delivery. Also, it seems to come way after normal hours. I'll check it between 5 and 7pm. Nothing there. then find mail in the morning, or my favorite -early Monday morning - when I put the yard clippings out around 5am. The first few times this happened I thought I'd forgotten to collect mail on Saturday, but it's too often.

I remember the days when I could set the clock by the mail delivery.

This is about how helpful my informed delivery has been recently:

View attachment 542701
At least you can get informed delivery. My address is not eligible for some reason. Other houses on my street are eligible, but not mine. I don't get it. Then, there's ups who puts my packages in my mailbox or on the ground next to it and then mark them as delivered at the front door. My house is 1/4 mile away from the street and I can't see the mailbox from my house. When I get the delivery texts, I tell the kids that I've got to go drive up to the front door to get my package. I'm always nervous that it will disappear before I get there.

We have thought about making Marathon our "home base" since it seems centrally located for the keys, but haven't figured it all out yet. I didn't see a Holiday Inn in Marathon though. Do you think it could have changed to another name? Sounds like a lovely place!
Wow, I just looked it up. I guess it changed to Fairfield by Marriott! We just stayed at the end of August. I know they were doing alot of construction like building more terraces outside and such, but I didn't know it was changing ownership. Crazy. Sorry for the recommendation, lol. Unless you have Bonvoy points to use haha. They probably jacked up the cost now.

Wow, I just looked it up. I guess it changed to Fairfield by Marriott! We just stayed at the end of August. I know they were doing alot of construction like building more terraces outside and such, but I didn't know it was changing ownership. Crazy. Sorry for the recommendation, lol. Unless you have Bonvoy points to use haha. They probably jacked up the cost now.

Thanks for looking it up. We will also have some Arrival+ points, so options are somewhat open.

Our mail seems to only be delivered 3-4 times per week, despite informed delivery. Also, it seems to come way after normal hours. I'll check it between 5 and 7pm. Nothing there. then find mail in the morning, or my favorite -early Monday morning - when I put the yard clippings out around 5am. The first few times this happened I thought I'd forgotten to collect mail on Saturday, but it's too often.

I remember the days when I could set the clock by the mail delivery.
Wow that’s really bad. We order so much from Amazon and I love when it says usps because I know it’ll come on time. Whenever we see our mail guy on walks he always asks how ds is doing and talks about how big he’s getting. Now I’m thinking we need to give him something nice for Christmas

Wow that’s really bad. We order so much from Amazon and I love when it says usps because I know it’ll come on time. Whenever we see our mail guy on walks he always asks how ds is doing and talks about how big he’s getting. Now I’m thinking we need to give him something nice for Christmas

My mail guy comes in a mail truck. And our amazon is almost all amazon trucks. Glad for that. I rarely get any packages through USPS anymore.

But, I'm sure my mail person would be nice if I ever caught sight of them! :flower1:

So this virtual school thing is tough with high school boys. I got mine up and apparently he fell back asleep while waiting for his first class to start. Luckily the teacher emailed me that he was missing a quiz. I'm not sure having the desk and the bed in the same room is the best idea but I'm not sure what the alternative is. Is it 2021 yet?

I won't comment on my mail person :-(
My mail person is TERRIBLE. No problems before, but we must have either a new person or temp on our route. I have received 3 notices in the last week to pick up a package at the PO. When I get there, no signature required, they just hand over. This person can easily leave on the front porch, but for some reason known only to themselves, has decided it would be more fun to make me line up at the PO >:(. The PO said maybe they think our street is unsafe; umm we are on a cul de sac with just 6 houses in a very safe neighborhood and we have cameras on the outside of the house.

So this virtual school thing is tough with high school boys. I got mine up and apparently he fell back asleep while waiting for his first class to start. Luckily the teacher emailed me that he was missing a quiz. I'm not sure having the desk and the bed in the same room is the best idea but I'm not sure what the alternative is. Is it 2021 yet?

pardon me for haha'ing, but you brought me back to my son near that age. I used to have to leave work to come take him to school because he would fall back to sleep, after I left for work. He would call me to come so not skipping.

So, looking at the newly released DVC points charts for BWV, it's again obvious to me that whoever is making the changes either doesn't know what they are doing or they are really responding to some member communication for cheaper summers.

Overall, studios are reduced back to where the 5 day weekday trip makes sense. I started out with this format and I loved it when they evened out points to make weekends affordable, so 6 nights didn't break the bank. Eventually I added on more points so I wasn't tied to it after the first 2-3 years.

I can do a 5 night trip end of January for 45 points, I'm talking standard) take a break at the beach for 2 nights on hotel points and come back and do 5 more nights (after a weekend) for 65 points, depending on the structure of the year.

Yes, they pushed up a point or two in November, but overall it's insignificant. Who is hurting? People who like to book 1 bedrooms - I do with family. And the 2 bedrooms. So, now everybody who has limited points will be looking for multiple studios instead of larger units for 4+ people. Unless they really want to cook and do laundry....

The same math works in the preferred views also. Take this with a grain of salt if you are tediously into analysis - I'm just glancing at it to see where it leaves me. I'll not shorten visits but I'll stay offsite for parts of my stay if I want two weeks, which I'm thinking for end of January to early February, maybe even do 3 weeks depending on the weather. I've always liked to break it up and now it makes it work better - for me. Actually never thought I'd ever see a 9 point night again.

And, these longer visits - many 'regular' resort people buy 3 day, 4 day, 5 day packages. I actually think that's more the norm than 1 to 2 week stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter