I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That should be fine. I think one of ours is bigger than that. The determining factor is your boarding group. The have 9 groups they may run out of room by group 7 or 8 and you’ll have to gate check it.
Hmmm, ok, she has assigned seats. She thinks she paid for them but doesn’t remember for sure.... But has no idea what group she is in. Is that something you find out when you check in? Her BF is military....so I think he can get earlier boarding but she wouldn’t be able to accompany him would she? So many questions......

DISchurners AMERICAN EXPRESS Support Link Request:
If you have posted support links on the Amex thread - please go check all of your links and descriptions for accuracy. There are a number of dead links, some links to the wrong card, and some incorrect offers listed.

Let's keep things clean for our friends looking to support us!

Tax question re: referral links. What do you type in the box that asks you to describe the 1099?

Alright folks! The new Delta credit cards are out carrying their new annual fees and new offers. A couple things to note
  • support link offers match public offer (from what I'm seeing)
  • can generate all Delta offers from ANY Amex card (I think- I tested Biz Plat, DL Gold and DL Gold Biz) so pick the card you make a link from wisely!
  • "after anniversary" add on of 10k-20k miles says it won't post for 8-12 weeks so if you don't intend to pay the annual fee don't count on on getting that
  • Are these all time best offers?! Not sure. Gold wise no, they don't really seem any better than what we just lost and there is no statement credit on offer for DL purchases *however* if you're in 2 player mode these could be very good offers for you
  • Support link offers expire 4/1 so there is no rush if you're interested but don't want one right now
Personally I'm sad the purple card has no place in my travel plans right now- I want a pretty purple credit card back in my cc arsenal!

ETA: I don't see support links for DL Business Reserve right now
Delta Offers Recap:
So @gottalovepluto laid out some good info on these Delta Offers. I'm just going to list them out here in case that's helpful to anybody - all are available via support link now and all offers end on 4/1/2020:
  • Delta SkyMiles Gold Business & Personal Cards
    Earn 60,000 Bonus Miles after spending $2,000 within 3 months.
    Plus, earn an additional 10,000 Bonus Miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership.
    Annual fee of $99 waived in year 1 for both cards.
  • Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business & Personal Cards
    Earn 80,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 within 3 months.
    Plus, earn an additional 20,000 Bonus Miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership.
    Annual fee of $250 NOT waived on either card
  • Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business & Personal Cards
    Earn 80,000 Bonus Miles and 20,000 MQMs after you spend $5,000 within 3 months.
    Plus, earn an additional 20,000 Bonus Miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership.
    Annual fee of $550 NOT waived on either card
Keep in mind that those bonus miles after your anniversary won't post for 8-12 weeks so you'll need to plan on paying the 2nd year AF to get them. All of our general American Express recommendations apply here too - you need to be in it for the long haul to avoid pop-up restrictions!!

I'm not saying these are good or bad offers, just putting it out there now that ALL Delta cards are available via support link. There is also an offer on the Delta Blue card but I can't imagine that makes sense for ANYBODY out there with the Gold biz and personal cards waiving the AF in year 1.

I need to read up on the rules, but I think the upgrade bonus DH received for the Brilliant disqualifies him the chase cards but not the Amex biz.

I think we will also play the upgrade/downgrade game with that card.

If my calculations are correct, in 3 years we will pay $570 in fees, $0 year 1, $95 year 2 & $ 475 for the brilliant (holding on to it for 13 months). Earned 75K SPG SUB, one 35K certificate, one 50K certificate, 125K upgrade bonus, $600 Marriott credits and $100 GE credit. Plus all the other benefits from the Brilliant, it's our only premium card.

I hope we can continue to keep Amex happy.

He just has to wait 24 month since he received the bonus.

Bonvoy eligible.JPG

Legend Bonvoy eligible.JPG

My friends did Africa this year as the last big family trip before their son started college. They did the manor. My daughter is OBSESSED with giraffes and was DYING over the photos and videos. My friend said it was well worth every penny.

The pictures I've seen online look amazing! I am looking forward to it!

Hmmm, ok, she has assigned seats. She thinks she paid for them but doesn’t remember for sure.... But has no idea what group she is in. Is that something you find out when you check in? Her BF is military....so I think he can get earlier boarding but she wouldn’t be able to accompany him would she? So many questions......
If she has an assigned seat then she's probably fine. It's the basic economy that can't pick their seats that board in the last group. I believe only the military in uniform can board after first class boards. I believe the groups are assigned at check-in. If you do have to gate check a bag because they run out of overhead space it is complementary. You just have to pick it up at baggage claim. They will also ask for volunteers to gate check bags if its a full flight.

Have you checked? In my experience many financial companies keep online accounts active long after the person closes all product accounts. I believe this is partly to facilitate access to things like tax documents and partly in hope you still come back.
I recently had occasion to sign into my online account for a retail brokerage company. My accounts have been closed for 8-10 years but I could sign in.
I opened an account at First Midwest bank last year. I failed to get the bonus so I messaged them to close the account. I got no reply from them but when I try to login in it says the account doesn’t exist. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I did not get a 1099 from PNC last year when I did the bonus. (I should clarify, opened 12/18 so bonus must have hit in 2019, only interest is on my 1099, no bonus)
I did get one this year for interest.

Last edited:
Oops! I just realized that the balance on my SW Biz card has been $18 over the credit limit for a week. I had already set it to pay the balance in full a few days before the due date, but forgot that the property taxes were almost as much as the credit limit, so a monthly auto charge put me over in the interim. Kind of surprised I never received any notifications about it or anything. Any negative effects to worry about on this? Should I send a 'sorry' message or call? I already sent a payment for $1000 to credit today.

If she has an assigned seat then she's probably fine. It's the basic economy that can't pick their seats that board in the last group. I believe only the military in uniform can board after first class boards. I believe the groups are assigned at check-in. If you do have to gate check a bag because they run out of overhead space it is complementary. You just have to pick it up at baggage claim. They will also ask for volunteers to gate check bags if its a full flight.
Thank you so much for that info! I will let her know. She has only flown once without me doing all the planning so she just didn’t know and neither did I.
They are going to Colorado- she is excited, first time visiting there!

Okay I need everyone's opinion. Dh and I finally decided on a day to go stay at WDW for my maternity pictures. Here's to hoping the weather cooperates. We're currently looking at Saturday, 2/29. The two hotels we're trying to decide between are Riverside and Swan. Riverside would be a Garden View for $283 (AP rate) while Swan would be 2 Queens with no view for $289 (Marriott website was the cheapest). My plan is to book one of the two tonight or tomorrow (on a refundable rate) and keep checking every day up until we can cancel for something cheaper. The Swan has lots of cheap options that are non-refundable, but I'm not comfortable with that until I know the weather will be somewhat decent.

If it was based on theming we would choose POR hands down. We love both POR and POFQ plus POR has newish rooms. Swan is nice because it's on the Boardwalk, but I'm not sure how much time we plan to spend there. I was wanting some pictures at YC/BC, but I think that's it. Most of our pictures will be at MK and POFQ. After typing all of this, it makes more sense to choose POR unless I'm missing something or someone has a good note to add. Anyone?

I haven't flown AA in many years. Does anyone know if they are strict on carry on size? My daughter wants to borrow mine and it measures one inch bigger than is listed on the website. I fly SW and have never had my carry one measured - so never really thought about it before. This is the bag I have.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074ZKXZ73/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not to be a downer, but AA isn't a kind, friendly, or benevolent airline. They always look carefully at our carry-ons, and ours are the international ones so even smaller than they need to be. Oh, and DD who flew them approx. 10 times a year for 4 years often had to gate check her carry-on, even though we bought the tickets in advance and she wasn't in the basic seats. So the best thing I can say is that YMMV. Sometimes it's fine, and other times it's not. Likely depends on the plane they are flying and how full it is.

Well, I found a good way to help meet the MSR on this card (not that I've ever had a problem before... in fact I tend to go through them quite rapidly!)

The Backstreet Boys are finally coming to Phoenix! :lovestruc
I saw their Las Vegas residency and it was so fun.

Also, my hard tickets for Aerosmith at Fenway Park in September arrived today. :)

@GlamMistress I was there for one of the Vegas residency shows, too. They truly seem like humble people who really appreciate their fans. I got on the bandwagon rather late in my life (I was probably 10 years older than their average fan) but I just love them!

Last edited:
Okay I need everyone's opinion. Dh and I finally decided on a day to go stay at WDW for my maternity pictures. Here's to hoping the weather cooperates. We're currently looking at Saturday, 2/29. The two hotels we're trying to decide between are Riverside and Swan. Riverside would be a Garden View for $283 (AP rate) while Swan would be 2 Queens with no view for $289 (Marriott website was the cheapest). My plan is to book one of the two tonight or tomorrow (on a refundable rate) and keep checking every day up until we can cancel for something cheaper. The Swan has lots of cheap options that are non-refundable, but I'm not comfortable with that until I know the weather will be somewhat decent.

If it was based on theming we would choose POR hands down. We love both POR and POFQ plus POR has newish rooms. Swan is nice because it's on the Boardwalk, but I'm not sure how much time we plan to spend there. I was wanting some pictures at YC/BC, but I think that's it. Most of our pictures will be at MK and POFQ. After typing all of this, it makes more sense to choose POR unless I'm missing something or someone has a good note to add. Anyone?

I would do POR so you can easily change clothes, get a snack or rest in the room after doing pics there, before/after going to the park. I'd imagine you may not want to wear the same thing in all the pics, or maybe that's just me :)

I would do POR so you can easily change clothes, get a snack or rest in the room after doing pics there, before/after going to the park. I'd imagine you may not want to wear the same thing in all the pics, or maybe that's just me :)
I went ahead and booked the room at POR because I know it's what Dh wanted anyway. The more I thought about it, the more I realized how much I love that area. I was planning on mainly wearing one outfit, but now you have me second guessing lol

@Lain - thanks for the heads up on the Safeway deals for VGCs. DH picked up 2 $50s and 2 $100s today (both with some deal on the app). That will hopefully generate a nice bunch of MRs.

Any concerns / thoughts / advice on how or where to use them? Anyone?

I like to use them at Costco. That’s one of my biggest budget items that don’t fit into any of our cards’ bonus categories.

Any place that earns only 1x on our cards, really.

These don’t work on Plastiq (and MCGCs don’t work anymore), but you can use them to pay bills that accept credit card payments (with or without a fee), which are <$50 or <$100, or accept multiple/split payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter